1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I know most gaming fluff is a steaming pile of shit, that doesn't make Infinity's good.

xagroth likes this.
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

My point is it is a really well done meal when the comparable restaurants serve bad meal and no companies do not hire writers to write their background materials, their publishing department hire professionals to write novels for their established background, N3, N3 Human Sphere, Uprising are background books not novels.

I think you try to compare dissimilar genres of writing.

saint and Dabicho like this.
  3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Except you think it's a well done meal and we don't, but that's ok, not everybody likes the same stuff.

Btw, what's the difference between hiring Victor Santos' for the Outrage manga and hiring Abnett for the 40k novels? Besides Abnett being way better, i mean.

Edit: ok, i get what you are saying about novels not being game background (even when they are)

xagroth likes this.
  4. Mask

Mask Well-Known Member

I personally think that Gutier is doing a great job!!!
    Nonetheless I agree that there could be way more valid arguments to support this besides of "the others do it worst".

Mask

Solar, Benkei, Superfluid and 2 others like this.
  5. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I don`t see characters being driving force of game in Infinity at all. Driving background yes, but it`s too easy to fell into pit of must-have profiles or stay in desert of overpriced ones.

Infinity fluff is good enough in my opinion.

6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I like the way the fluff is written, with two reservations. One, I'd like that "this unit is the best of the best of the best" vibe toned down a bit. Two, I'd like the fluff to match unit skills and performance a bit more (looking at you, Aquila Guard).

Besides, you're trying to convince each other on a highly subjective matter. People have different tastes, it's not like we all have to like the same thing.

Belgrim, LaughinGod, Guardian and 3 others like this.
  7. psychoticstorm

Well unit profiles are mostly done in a propaganda writing perspective, my point is there is no clear "bad guys" in Infinity and nothing happens without explanation while the political background is as complicated as it should be, but most of all the universe is believable.

That is in my opinion a good writing.

saint and Stiopa like this.
  8. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Same here. The blatant shilling in some unit entries being propaganda could be made clearer by making it a quote. Some unit entries already do this very well, as do many of the fluff pieces.
    So despite minor nitpicks, I like the fluff as well.

Belgrim, Stiopa and Abrilete like this.
  9. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

Ye but id like a few more of the unit entries to be how other factions see them, most are their own factions views.

I actually like the new big samurais fluff as it kinda suggests the things kinda shitty compared to what it was supposed to be

[​IMG]

Kinda a rush job, failed to meet benchmarks, turned out pretty decent at the job though.
    I actually think more of my problem come from the unit quotes, they come of as kinda cheesy and dont sound like how humans talk, maybe they sound better in spanish and just come across as clunky in translation, I think druze have the one good motto “We are bad people, but we can be worse” which actually sounds like something a human would say.

Icchan, Solar, Stiopa and 3 others like this.
  10. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Speaking of that, we need our Dasaan Zoraan! NOW! #ThreeTheTohaa

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

What am I looking for, there's nothing there? I read worse in the news about British troops than what Bostria said regarding Kempeitai. Are you referring to unreleased contents (still om day 2 here) or do I need to freeze on the Kempeitai book page and try to read that?

Aldo likes this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Funny how it was supposed that S5 HI was "old and outdated" yet now we are seeing "cutting edge S5 HI" XD

It sounds as cheesy or more in spanish; what you are seeing right now in those texts is the way most dialogs happen in spanish-made "serious" TV series. It sounds totally out of character to the way we are used to talk, filled to the brim with overexposition, overexplaining, and a lot of dissonance between what is said and the tone in which is said... then you go to the "low cost comedy" and there you hear things click. Horrible, but true -.-U

And my not finding interesting Infinity's fluff writings might come from that, precisely. If the writers primary example of "fluff style" comes from those TV series, while mine comes mainly from novels... Well, you can't really parse directly from TV to a written style.

emperor26 and Abrilete like this.
  13. psychoticstorm

They are the military police of the new nation, with authority to arrest whoever they like with no other excuse than he acted wrong/ not in the morals we see proper.

What makes you think they are even remotely "good guys" or not worthy of their name?

Solar, Aldo and Abrilete like this.
  14. psychoticstorm

S5 is the old and outdated, so guess what it means that their new and shiny HI is S5.

DukeofEarl and Aldo like this.
  15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

1. This is not communicated. 2. That's not what made Kempeitai the scum of human history.

stargorger likes this.
  16. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

JSA is same old shitty s5 tech just folded 500 times

17. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

And thus superior to all the primitive western tech.

Agorapocalypse likes this.
  18. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

That they lost miniaturization tech. Which does not prevent, let's say, to slap an ODD or big guns onto the chassis. The difference is that the S5 HI which we have seen in QK were outdated surplus models, while the ones in Tunguska and Bakunin were (supposedly) refitted ones like the Nomad's TAGs.

19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well, the only armies with S2 ARM 5 HIs are YJ (Hac Tao), PanO (Swiss, based on stolen YJ data from what I remember), and Aleph (Asura). CA probably has the tech to do it but prefers other solutions (and we might yet see one later).

JSA HI were never the cutting edge, but light, cheap and functional. So the original concept might've been about filling the heavy HI niche first, before trying to revise the concept into something with a smaller frame.

tyrannosaurus69 likes this.
  20. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Surely it's time for the next vidya

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation