1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. invalideffort

invalideffort Burnt Spektr

This guy is everything I could possibly ask for in an oniwaban resculpt!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Agreed. He's the real stand-out for me. I think they did a great job sculpting and posing this model.

3. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Couldn't you possibly have asked for a mini that has some balance?

This guy is challenging Multi Rifle Gwailo for most unstable in the game.

4. Contaminator

Contaminator Brigadier of Baguette Brigade

Looks like the protagonist from Crysis. Very cool, but I wish he was holding the sword a little more traditionally.

5. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

Well I wasn't expecting the book any time soon as Bostira said at LVO that it wouldn't be done until May-June at the earliest. Looks like he bamboozled us (pleasantly I might add).

For those asking about the 5 Sectorials vs NA2 armies I was sitting like 10' away when he said it. So the Non-Aligned are not supposed to count towards the 5 and said they'd be getting new figures. Though he also said there were only 4 big box released this year and there was one around end of March so it's safe to say JSA is one of the 4.

6. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

[1] I know the conflict between the two quite well, and thats just it: Yu Jing took that historical reality and incorporated it to create a deeper, more interesting setting, avoiding the two awful tropes of 'seamless Asian unity' and 'cyber-samurai Japan'. The presence of Japan WITHIN Yu Jing, an uncomfortable and conflicted and difficult reality with two cultures straining to resist or overcome their strife while bound together, is where the interest lies. That coming to a head resolves that excellent tension into something new, and my concern is having lost that the new will leave us with a worse setting rather than a better one.

But until we see the material itself, all I can have is concern.

[2] I'm not sure how people keep seeing objections to this and misunderstanding. It isn't an issue with morality officers, nor with word choice, nor any of that. It is an issue with the fact the Kempeitai are an actual historical entity, the military/secret police of Imperial Japan, responsible for numerous acts of brutality against the Japanese people, against the populations of occupied territories, against prisoners of war. It was always a little problematic that CB chose to name a unit after them, much like it would be if they had a Gestapo unit in PanO, but things get far worse when that unit is transformed from underground terrorist movement to the military/secret police of an actual Japanese state.

7. Primo

Primo Well-Known Member

I wish he was running forward instead of sideways, he must be one of those Heike Crabs

T. Rex Pushups and Contaminator like this.
  8. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

@Monkeysloth Im also fairly certain he said that all the actual "New sectorials" would get full box releases. Any chance there might be 2 2-player boxes this year???

9. Monkeysloth

I think @Shiwen's #2 point is a good one and they probably should have with this change up renamed Kempeitai to Keimutai which is the modern word for Military police as Kempeitai were really bad and, if I'm not mistaken, dissolved due to warcrimes after WW2.

10. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Nothing a few pieces metal under the base can't fix.

11. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

THE RIGHT VERSION! YES!

12. Monkeysloth

He called this out himself. More or less "there are 5 new armies but only 4 new boxes. what does that mean?" and then hinted it would be a Gencon release.

13. Jumara

Jumara Well-Known Member

if you count 5new sectorials. 4 large boxes + 1 two faction Starter PACK. ea we got 5 totaly NEW secorials in 3large boxes and the 2player Pack. possible in my regards

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Come on, @Shiwen , Gestapo was bad, but I've heard some really fucked up shit about Kempeitai and the Gestapo can't possibly have been that bad

Shiwen likes this.
  15. Monkeysloth

Did you forget /sarcasm as we're talking about the Nazi secret police not being "that bad"? Probably best to move on before this gets out of hand.

yojamesbo and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  16. A Mão Esquerda

Well, keeping the bad name might be correct...

Monkeysloth likes this.
  17. Contaminator

Contaminator Brigadier of Baguette Brigade

... I am going to assume this is a joke made in poor taste

18. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Well, its not Gestapo but there is a Rommel city (and Armored Command Academy) in Neoterra.

And say what you want about how awesome Rommel was, he didn't have any problem with being Hitler's golden boy until Germany started losing.

19. A Mão Esquerda

And don't forget the cities of Moltke and Clauswitz...

20. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

So with JSA being the first big N, that means theres 3 more Ns and 5 more "new" sectorials to be released besides more potential NA2 releases. Hmm what if CB goes nuts and releases all 5 new army boxes at Gencon. Also on a side note, will the BoW week reveal the next Aristeia expansion too?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation