1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As Yu Jing? That depends on when new releases are going to happen, otherwise it's going to be less options.
    Since I apparently already collect a second army now, I'll probably buy the JSA and play those until a new major thing happens for Yu Jing to offset the tactical flexibility that the loss of JSA means.

Edit: does this new release mean that Tohaa won't be allowed to compain about lack of releases until IA is released since Yu Jing just had a negative amount of releases? :p

2. Krofna

Krofna Well-Known Member

There is this blurb on the official website article:

"The conflict is served, Yu Jing will not hesitate to use the Imperial Service or even deploy the Invincibles to crush the rebellion immediately, but they will face the Japanese Army as they have never seen it: The new JSA, the Japanese Secessionist Army."

So overall , while I am quite happy for new JSA models, the IA hype train is rollin!

Melchior and reaper1714 like this.
  3. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

As a relatively recent Yu Jing player, who started with Red Veil and concentrated mostly on the non-Japanese units (because everybody seems to play JSA) I feel ... ambivalent. The only Japanese unit I really used is Yuriko Oda and my mini for her is a conversion, so worst case, I have a unique SpecOp. The new minis look fairly interesting, but I will have to think long and hard about buying in.

4. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Why do the female faces in the JSA box look emaciated to the point of looking like shrunken heads or starved concentration camp inmates? It's creepy.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  5. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

So if I may ask @Bostria do these NA2 sectorials from this new book count towards this year's 5 new sectorials? I know it's been mentioned that they don't but can we get a confirmation of some sort?

Solar likes this.
  6. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

That's what happens when you bite the hand that feeds :x

7. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Nope, you still have more Sectorials.

Regarding the new JSA Sectorial, it would seem that it relies on camo/negative modifiers, sort of like Alpeh but his less remotes and hacking:
    - Aragoto have Mimetism
    - Shikami have ODD
    - Ninjas and Oniwaban have TO
    - I expect Section 9 to have at least Mimetism

As I already collect Aleph as a secondary faction, I might get JSA if it doen's play like another Aleph but with less tech.

8. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

I think it will be close to the 250 mark

If the Section 9 unit is close to the Zhànying and the two character biker are close to each other in points value.
    The big guy I guess is mid fifties. I don't know why but something about the cat lady make me think CSU.

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] KEMPEI Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] ONIWABAN Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (0 | 41)
    [​IMG] ZHÀNYING Missile Launcher, Nanopulser, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] ZHÀNYING Hacker (Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] CSU Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] ASUKA KISARAGI Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] SÙ-JIÀN Heavy Shotgun, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 54)

3 SWC | 238 Points

Open in Infinity Army

9. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

I mean that's not technically true because tohaa is a sectorial army :)

YJ has more vanilla!

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Way to carte blanch unlimited complaining for eternity - not even Druze are the lone sectorial in their faction anymore :p
    Believe it or not, but Tohaa is vanilla and is rumoured to get Jurassic Park as their first sectorial, but it's being slow because the T-Rex is proving difficult (I presume because they can't agree whether it's a predator or a vulture).

11. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I tend to think that, these days, one is best off taking a holistic view of the whole range.

Like, personally? I don't play Tohaa or indeed ALEPH any more, but I think they deserve a good amount of releases and also for YJ (who I also don't play) to get the Invincible Army to build Vanilla back-up to where it is now. I welcome NA2 as a whole thing in the game, and I also welcome the presence of more changes like this which keep things fresh and interesting, but I do also think work needs doing on some of the existing factions.

Abrilete likes this.
  12. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Not according to bostria, do you know something he doesn't?

13. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

nah tohaas slow sectorial update is due to the tohaa insisting they get a triad of 3 sectorials at same time.

Icchan, Cothel, Mahtamori and 4 others like this.
  14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yu-Jing will get 2 new sectorials this year.

MO getting full independence and being true "catholic" thus kicked out of PanO to make space for Varuna.

MRRF going straight into NA2, creating space for Kazaks.

Hard limit (at least for now) of max 3 sectorials per faction.

You heard it here first :P

#854 eciu, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Brawler, Mahtamori, Shiwen and 2 others like this.
  15. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Samurai demon guy looks really silly, Keisotsu doesn't look better that the ones I own (although I never really had a problem with them in the first place), cat-girl "not-celty" needs a weapon replacement to a naginata, Ryuken 1 & 2 "not-batou & not-motoko" looks ok I guess, the Oniwaban looks great, the Kuge Delegate also looks good although I will probably take away the cat, the Kempeitai looks like a Kempeitai and the bonus pirate looks ok as well.

All in all not really that impressed with the minis but since I bought Red Veil in order to get the Tac-Bow Ninja, I will definitely buy this as well for the Oniwaban, Kuge Delegate and the dice(I'm a sucker for themed dice. I might actually have a serious problem :sweat:)

As I'm already opening my wallet for the box and book preorder I guess CB got what they wanted? Well played.

emperor26 and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  16. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

I actually really found myself liking that bonus pirate.

17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The bonus spec-ops dude looks fucking badass

He looks like spec-ops should look like for all factions, high-tech special forces/deniable operators prepared to kick any and all ass!

18. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

[1] - Sino-Japanese relations have not been historically good or pleasant. The strife we've seen between them in the real world has always been a part of the lore of Infinity. We will see where Uprising takes this... As for as "Asians together bcuz Aisa" - if you're glad it didn't fit that trope, I imagine you'll continue to enjoy its divergence from it.

[2] -
    The Japanese wouldn't be the first armed force with political or morality officers. Yeah, sure, we roll our eyes at GW's Commissars, but they were based on the ones that actually existed in the real world.

19. Sword_36

Sword_36 New Member

Sooo how fucked am i? I just recently started playing infinity with yu jing vanilla and really liked both the standard and jsa models, so i got both to, and now have quite a lot of jsa, like a 70% yu jing 30% jsa models. And they way this sound i can now either throw out a lot of money to make my jsa work or have to spend a medium amount of money to get the stuff like doctors and so on to make my yu jing vanilla work, which with the loss of jsa atm will be probably pretty low on the power scala compared to other factions, which is not that great for a newbie to the system i recon...

emperor26 likes this.
  20. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

I'd wait for more info, which should start coming out next week. Whatever happens, feel free to proxy the minis you do have for whatever profiles you're interested in using as you learn the game and get a feel for how you like to play.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation