1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

I'm holding off on this book based on all I've read. I know a few people who did preorder it and am looking forward to seeing their copies/opinions before I buy my own.

xagroth likes this.
  2. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

My copy arrived yesterday. I've not had a lot of time to read it yet (I'm early in the JSA section), but most of the pages have footnotes referring you to other stories. Those other stories are not listed in the Contents! Are they in the book and simply not arranged especially well, or are these somewhere else and I need supplemental material to fully understand the book?

I also completely agree on those silly box things around the quotes. They are not too pretty to look at and reduce readability.

xagroth likes this.
  3. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Huh? I'm pretty sure that's a CBL only weapon loadout, not a mistakenly labelled hacker. Edit: you might be right, I was thinking of marksman rifle (which one of the lists has).

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I am not entirely convinced that the sniper is an error, even though the list would benefit immensely from having a CG Hacker instead of that Sniper. SWC is one of the stats most subject to ad hoc adjustment in CB list making, so I don't think this is an indication of anything.

Abrilete likes this.
  5. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

So if I face a CBL of YJ I have grounds to complain because they are not legal under current ITS pricing, since it is using +1SWC over the top because of an errata.

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

List A has a 1,0 discount on the CG MSR, but is not SWC capped
    List B has a 0,5 discount on the LT profile - maybe
    List C has a 0,5 discount on the Red Fury profile
    List D does not have any discounts, and is not SWC capped
    List E has a 0,5 discount on the COC+Haris profile

If it is hidden bonus to hide the narrative +1 SWC, then they only went for half measure. Literally half measure. It's also interesting how none of the Guijia's are LTs (and obvious place to fudge the SWC discount), but all LTs are intended to be stuck into link teams.

Robock likes this.
  8. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

In another thread, we have people (not Xagroth) complaining that these CBL are garbage because they are poorly optimized. But if they are released by CB to be used in ITS, with a specific download saying they are ITS valid, they are ITS legal.

I doubt they are going to dominate the tournament scene, but I am by no means a good player, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to my armchair strategy.

Robock likes this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Bugs and errata exists. And the Army has been stated by @Zoe as being over PDF when it comes to costs, gear, AVA...

I'd like to add some inconsistencies to the CBL:

List A (5.5 SWC): Celestial Guard with Multi Sniper Rifle listed as 0.5SWC (instead of 1.5)

List B (6 SWC): Zhanying Missile Launcher listed as 1 SWC (instead of 1.5)
    There are inconsistencies on AVA: Kanren are listed as AVA 1, Dakini as AVA 6, Sophotecs as AVA2, Hacker Celestial Guard as AVA total, other Celestial Guards as AVA 2...

List C (6 SWC): Pheasant Agent Red Fury as 0.5SWC (instead of 1)

List D (5 SWC): Funny, this one is OK, and the Haris Red Fury Pheasant Agent costs 1.5 SWC (which is totally correct).

List E (6 SWC): More funny, the Haris Red Fury Pheasant Rank agent costs 1 SWC (instead of 1.5 SWC) here...
    Even more funny, the Misile Launcher Zhanying here costs 1.5 SWC (correct cost)
    Bao with shock Marksmanship Precision Rifle (and MSV2 and Biometric Visor 2) costs 25 points... making this setup 2 points more expensive than the BSG (with same visors), meaning it's 1 point more expensive than a Combi Rifle...

So: A List is 6.5SWC, B list is 6.5SWC, list C is 6.5SWC, list C is correctly prized at 5 SWC, and list E is 6.5 SWC.

And there are SWC cost inconsistency between the lists.
    So any way the lists are WRONG, because the same unit with the same loadout receives 2 different SWC costs in two different lists.

#2649 xagroth, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Robock likes this.
  10. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I agree with the idea that the inconsistencies tie back to the +1 SWC bonus when played in the narrative event.

By factoring that SWC bonus into the CB lists, you give them an interesting bonus for ITS while also not handicapping them for use in narrative play.

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

No, the inconsistencies tie back to lazyness. I fail to find any other reason, for example, to explain why the Zhaying ML costs 1 SWC in one list while in other it costs 1.5, instead of leaving it at 1 SWC in both and the Red Fury Haris Pheasant at 1.5

Alkasyn likes this.
  12. redshirtman

redshirtman New Member

I know it's off topic a bit, but has anyone heard about anything about this years campaign? We've seen the artwork for it at the Adepticon seminar. Last year I'm sure it started in May, but I haven't heard anything about this year.

13. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

According to the last timeline I saw it is starting in the last week of May, all throughout June and into the first week of august.

Abrilete likes this.
  14. redshirtman

redshirtman New Member

Thanks for the quick response and the info. I appreciate that. Both CB and Beasts of War have been very quite about it so far. I need to get my group hyped up for it.

15. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

We can't be sure lists are wrong.
    It's CB, makers of this game. They do whatever they want, really.

16. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Yes it is up to CB if this lists are ITS legal or not and the fact, that they contain a new layout for Bao and Baggage is pointing strongly to this conclusion. But: The Pan O CBLs has some errors that later were corrected - so I am still on the hacker side in List A ;.)

The inconsistence of the SWC costs is a bit strange but I think that some of them are changed with a reason. Otherwise I do not understand, how you can make the error of the different SWC costs with the same troop type in the same layout? Or do they typed the CBLs by hand? The old logos are strange too.

I don´t think the CBLs contain a hidden boni for the narrativ ITS event. If so, they are unfair in a normal ITS 9 tournament. So the problem is:
    If you play the CBL in narrativ, you suffer from not taking the whole bonus. This is a bit sad, especially for the last mission.

@The Uprising Book: I recieved mine an started reading already. The layout may not be the best, but for me, the spaces between the lines are okay and are good for easy reading. The red box-shaped things are a bit annoying. On the plus side: We have a hardcover again!

A Mão Esquerda and Q.A.I. like this.
  17. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

luv the new uprisign book

[​IMG]

Belgrim, xagroth, Icchan and 6 others like this.
  18. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

"Weapon: light shotgun"

Belgrim, gregmurdock and Keyrott like this.
  19. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

"Brawlers : Mercenary Enforces"

20. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

[​IMG]

BALLERS MERCENARY ENFORCES

EXCLUSIVE MINOTAUR FROM UPRISIGN BOOK

WAPON: LITTLE SHOGUN ARMY: MYCRANBERRIES

Rumdog, Belgrim, Gwaernydd and 9 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation