1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any vague idea what we'll get from Hulongs and Mowangs?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Nov 8, 2018.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

It's actually in the rule book.

Read the background info paragraphs on TO Camo and ODD.

2. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

hmm, must be N2, in the N3 Rulebook there is only a dispute between Nomad and PanO (ODD) mentioned

3. AdmiralJCJF

No, I think that's what he's talking about.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Second hand info, @Section9 should know where it is from, he's one of the ones I've seen write about it. It's specifically the suit of armour worn by Swiss and Aquila, not the TO Camo.

5. AdmiralJCJF

The Swiss and Aquila wear different Armour.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Second hand info is second hand info. It was from memory the tech to make the armour of that dignity, not the designs themselves that were stolen.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

I dunno, JSA can take 5 HI and a TAG and we haven't seen more AHDs showing up.

Huh, I'm not finding that in my N2... Checked both TO camo and ODD.

I vaguely remember a lot of joking around about how identical the profiles of the HI were in N2, and I think YJ is on record somewhere as having invented TO camo.

Kallas likes this.
  8. AdmiralJCJF

No, I never said anything about N2, it's in the N3 book.

And if that's "on record" somewhere it's not in the N2 or N3 (nor in the N1 book, 'though I haven't looked through that in a while and I don't think it really had anything different from N2), nor anywhere in the FAR more detailed info from the RPG.

But I feel like that throwaway comment has led us off topic, so unless someone digs up an actual quote I'll move on.

I 100% agree that IA is going to want at least one KHD, and if it only gets the one then it'll be as essential as the Hexas is to NCA and Vanilla PanOceania right now.

Kallas likes this.
  9. Section9

IA has one KHD already.

It's the Hac Tao.

I really don't want to have to start an IA army list with a 67pt unit.

10. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I dream with one of the wildcards having a KHD profile. My money is on the Haidao now, knowing the other ones are Shang Ji (already have AHD), Son Bae (... not) and Pangguling FTO (maybe? Although it already has EVO, so really unlikely).

11. SpectralOwl

• All of the JSA's HI and its TAG have Stealth, which makes it much harder to get Hacker coverage over them. Only a Core or Enomotarchos fireteam or the Zhanying Hacker could make use of repeaters to threaten them easily. In a sectorial where a repeater can be crammed into any fireteam thanks to the Pangguling, I'm giving serious consideration to the Shang Ji AHD in a Core as it can benefit from Tinbots, Firewall, SSL2 and its own high BTS all at the same time, which could turn it into a force to be reckoned with against the REMs and HI that fill out so many links these days. It's good to the point I'm not even worried about KHDs. If we get a KHD, my money's still on the Hulang being an Aragoto-clone with KHD option. My pipe dream option is HD+ on the Daoying.

12. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

They all have stealth though, and most AHD users don't really wanna be wasting their active turn orders on hacking programs that just cause IMM-1 and can be reset out of in ARO

#152 Leviathan, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  13. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

A KHD on a HI link that has access to Tinbots is gonna murder any kinda of hacking game. Not even a Interventor wants to mess with that. I do not think IA will get a KHD on a link - especially not on one where it will have a Tinbot.

But yeah, a solo KHD on another plataform, that I am kinda expecting.

14. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Uhhh... are you aware that Pan-O is getting a KHD HI that brings its own tinbot, and is a wildcard so can join any link it likes in the same book?

15. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Uhhh.... no?

... thats new to me....

16. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Yeah, go look up the spoilers for the Santiago knight rework.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  17. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

MO is confirmed to have one, and as long as we get it on one of the wildcards, we can put the Shang Ji Tinbot there to get the nasty combo ourselves. I have faith, lol.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  18. AdmiralJCJF

That is very fair.

I guess I mean "IA is going to need at least one sub-30pt KHD".

Because if the Hac Tao is it...

Harsh.

19. Section9

Yeah.

Even with doing some mixed link shenanigans to get a repeater into every single link team alongside a nice Tinbot B and engineer, that's a real crimp in the list.

20. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

What about some pitchers? Yuing has currently only 2 ways of making a reliable defensive ciberwar. Advancing with repeater remotes (that are huge and squishy) and the ol' reliable guilanf FO repeater.

It's a dang time we get a friking pitche or another deployable repeater. If we extend a repeater network, and we invest in a couple of hackers and tinbots... even the best KHD will have problems to launch effective attacks against several assault + regular hackers. And of course EVO has some points scored to be in a lot of lists, plus, you can make hacking coordinated attacks with him on the battlefield. Even the best hackers can be dealt when they only can face one enemy with an ARO.

Section9 and Kallas like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation