1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any vague idea what we'll get from Hulongs and Mowangs?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

@Koni said no smoke on the spanish forums for IA. Whether or not that meant Eclipse as well, we'll see.

I would really like some eclipse grenades so here's to hoping.

2. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Wasn't aware the rest of the midfield units got an HI tag taxing their skills so they are more expensive and giving them extra vulnerabilities. Must have missed the memo.

#382 Benkei, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  3. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

The resilient and beefy CQC warband is hardly new. Generally speaking it’s always been some kind of werewolf (McMurder is probably the pinnacle, but you’ve also got Duroc, Wulver, Cameronian, etc), but there are also cases where even though it’s not technically a WB, you’ve got a tough unit in the same points range as the dogs that serves a similar purpose (Domaru, Tanko, and Magisters, I’m looking at you.). On the extreme edge you’ve also got profiles like Ajax (Eudoros is probably stretching it even though he’s technically a warband), You’ll notice these guys all have a proper two wounds and at least armor 3 and at least 4/4 move. I would hope to see Hulangs in this company even if they have to cop Frenzy to get there.

Edit to fix mobile typos.

#383 ambisinister, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Ariwch likes this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the Hulang is roughly a Domaru.

Kallas and SpectralOwl like this.
  5. SpectralOwl

Seconded. I was very excited to try out the Domaru in Vanilla just before Uprising happened, and very sad when it became apparent I'd never get the chance. I'm honestly hoping for full Impetuous instead of mere Frenzy, bigger discount, more order efficiency and I have no plans of leaving out a guy with the Hulang's kit for ARO where cover would be relevant anyway. Plus, since Buddhist monks are apparently famed for their berserker rage, it would make sense for the students of such a master to inherit their ancient martial art of "run at them while screaming".

Ariwch, Joametz and Kallas like this.
  6. Triumph

Well the interesting thing is you could Duo them to turn off the Impetuous while you tried to work them up the table with mimetism, then once in position break the link and let them go for it.

I think the other major thing that hasn't been mentioned is goddamn finally the Kanren has something to Holoproject as during FD2. KHD Kanren pretending to be a hackable HI has an interesting conundrum for anybody trying to jump it with a hacker.

7. SpectralOwl

Or even just a non-Hackable FO or Boarding Shotgun or the like. Let them waste their orders on Pitchers or walking a device up the field just to get stuck in a gun battle like any other trooper. Especially as the the Hulang has Stealth, so they're going to have to run right up into line of sight to run a hack. Might even be able to position it so that the Kanren can Engage if the enemy peeks around a corner to hack. Now, if only the Hulang has a MadTraps profile, or any type of Hacker to lure in KHDs...

8. Triumph

That's... not how hacking works against stealth. You don't need LOF to hack a stealth target. Stealth only kicks in in regards to AROs and doing short movement skills that don't require a roll.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  9. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I would hope for 6/4 movement. FD2 is very nice for a warband type.

10. SpectralOwl

Yep, turns out that's right. I owe someone's Domaru/Tanko link a whole lot of well-deserved Oblivion now for teaching me wrong things.

I do still very much like the idea of forcing hackers into a trap by using the Hulang or Kanren as bait, since the short range of hacking will push them into predictable approach lanes, perfect for an ambush by a Hidden Ninja or Hac Tao Missile Launcher.

11. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Am I the only one here who thinks it'd be rather awesome if the Hulongs had Nimbus alongside a DTW?

SpectralOwl likes this.
  12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I doubt 6-4 movement on account of anything over 4" per short skill being reserved for superhumans, lhosts, Tarik, aliens, robots etc.

Roughly a Domaru in stats but with 1 W, NWI, Shock Immunity, no Berserk or E/M Grenades but with Mimetism and Forward Deployment would be sweet!

ObviousGray likes this.
  13. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Honestly, knowing the Hulang is some kind of skirmisher that deploys up the field, has a visual modifier and MA3 is already good enough for me.
    Pairing it up with Zhenchas sounds really fun...

That said, if I dared dream with something else, I'd be some kind of grenade, any kind really. Eclipse would be absolutely fantastic but nimbus doesn't sound half bad. You move up impetuously (we're all just assuming they are impetuous the moment someone mentioned Shaolin Monks in the lore, right?), let one off and have your HMRC/HMG shoot through the nano-cloud that messes up even visors.

Next week can't come soon enough!

Maksimas likes this.
  14. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Just a few more days
    Just gotta wait a few more days

Just gotta hope technical difficulties don't occur

Joametz and H1ghlander like this.
  15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Still hoping there's gonna be Holo2 somewhere... Probably not, though.

16. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Nice tease, dude! :+1::laughing:

17. Mahtamori

I'm not sure that's a tease as much as a comment on what we already have...
    [​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

0 SWC | 5 Points

Open in Infinity Army

18. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

I think @Ariwch was lambasting the design of Shaolin having ExImpetuous.

Space Ranger and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  19. Mahtamori

True, the Shaolin Monks are very weirdly designed and is probably the unit least fitting their fluff, but it's hard to tell in these times when we know that some people have already got the book and aren't posting stats - might be teasing in the same way Koni does :)

20. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

I'm actually really counting on EM grenades on Hulang Shocktrooper.

EM weaponry was theme of JSA - Note the former Haramakis and Domarus all had an EM bullets at their disposal, and I think Yu Jing lacks EM weapon than average after the Sundering.

If Hulangs grab EM grenade.. That'll be freakin good, I'll even consider using these guys over Kanren.

Joametz likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation