1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any online ressources post-2017?

Discussion in 'News' started by Alfy, Jul 30, 2019.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Add: to generate sheets of markers (camo, orders, smoke, etc...): http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/
    You can make those markers in 10mm, or 25mm (and other sizes, but those are the most used), and glue them to buttons (10mm or so), or bases (25mm: camo markers, smoke markers...).

I make the smoke markers in 25mm because I have a semitransparent template in rigid plastic, with markers in the center of 25 and 40mm or so, so I can center it on the "marker" for the smoke. This allows more flexibility and less cluttering of the table.

toadchild, Alfy and Abrilete like this.
  2. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Internet here is, to put it politely... Average. Thanks for the links, the hacking one is great, and so is the one for the markers!

3. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Comlog is also a great resource. It’s an app for your smartphone.

When you compiled a list of the great resources for infinity post it on the forums for other beginners!

4. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

This is the internet. Self centered is the name of the game. Myself a case in point. ;)

As a play aid, you may wish to try the Android app Comlog. Or run it on an emulator.

5. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

@Alfy: @Vaulsc is also recording some games made on TTS on his Twitch channel.
    If this doesn't bother you, could you tell me which languages you can talk? Because maybe there are more resources for you if you don't talk English only.

6. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

When it comes to languages, it's English and French only. I wish I knew Spanish.

7. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

French! I suspected it when reading that you were in Mali for work but there could be chances you could come from another country.
    So, I have some more resources for you:
    The main discord used by the French community: https://discord.gg/RJWN5c
    The forum of the French community: www.bureau-aegis.org
    And @Marduck provides some videos in French for beginners on his channel on YT.
    There is also the YT channel of Tactiques Nordiques which is nearly dead now but with content beginners could still use.

We have a guy who has a Twitch channel on which you may see some games played on TTS. He has forgot to take care for some months so the old vids aren't online anymore but we are trying to refill it with new games as soon as we can have them.

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  8. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

This is great, merci!

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Technically, you're not supposed to determine ranges and modifiers and such until after you have decided on your action. Yes, really. So when you come to a 'which choice has better odds' question, like what happened to me with a close combat and MA3 or MA4, you really should decide first and then use the dice calculator to see which one actually gives you better odds. (for the record, almost always it's MA3. The 6pt shift is better than +1B in a 1-on-1 fight).

10. mipevo6

mipevo6 Active Member

Yes please, I have watched a lot of your content, very helpful.....

I have still so far only managed 3 small games....

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely, don't use the Dice Roller during games, it's very slow decision making if nothing else. Use it while figuring out whether someone is talking out their arse on a forum regarding chances, and to weigh your decisions about certain units when building lists* :)

* just remember that gameplay doesn't always match comparing in a vacuum, so do check several rangebands and remember that you're on a budget both in terms of orders and points and sometimes opting for the worse choice is better due to those budgets.

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks for the plugs! I just want to add that unfortunately @Mahtamori 's suggestion to save things in offline mode won't work for either of my tools (dice calc, marker sheet creator) because they use server-side stuff to do work, rather than being purely javascript.

xagroth likes this.
  13. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

And done. :yum:

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation