1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any issue with combing new expansion content with OG campaign

Discussion in 'General' started by atomicfryingpan, Aug 11, 2021.

1. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Finally got my wave 2 stuff the other day. I've played the original and now I'm wondering if anyone thinks their would be an issue with adding the new expansion stuff namely characters and equipment to the original defiance campaign. I think the new gear would definitely be good so you get more varied options. As far as the crew I dont see anything that would break the game if we started by saying the defiance crew was uma, shinobu, spector, and fat yuan yuan or what ever combination we want to use. Anyone else plan on playing this way.

anaris likes this.
  2. anaris

anaris Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'll definitelly play that once I finished the OG campaign.

3. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

you could go the X-com route and just have everyone on the ship and chose 4 for missions depending on who is wounded or alive that will provide some tactical options of some missions too

atomicfryingpan likes this.
  4. LunarSol

LunarSol Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure this out myself. There's rules for this in the back of the main rulebook called "Assault Team" that works like this but I think the thing you want to be careful of is the crew size. It seems like Core and Outcast are designed around a crew size of 6, with Revenant going up to 8. Each expansion seems to want you to pick 4 new characters, plus a couple from the previous campaign. The main issue is just the largest chunk of game is the least variable. I suspect you could probably make your starting 6 whoever you like though, but as I think on it, I think I prefer the way the crew cycles, but the 6/4/4 probably doesn't NEED to be grouped the way it is and can be altered on future playthroughs.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation