1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newbie with some general questions.

Discussion in 'Rules' started by paraelix, Sep 1, 2018.

1. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Hey all,

I have a few things I want to clarify - mostly general stuff - had a bit of a squizz and doesn't seem these have been covered in the first few pages. (Maybe we also need a post that compiles a few of these basic FAQ bits).

1. Line of Fire and Cover
    Orange model is targeted by Green model - Is this slight edging onto a blocked space sufficient for Cover? With only 1 corner of the Hexagon blocked?
    LoF Example.jpg

2. Ability resolution and Switches
    The game gives some examples of switches being used to push a model out of range, or push another model in the way to obscure a target - and explicitly stated that the ability would still work based on the positions of models at declaration.
    What happens when the ability that is delcared has the effect "Place a model adjacent", per 8-Ball's "Be water, dude" ability? If 8-Ball displaces sing a switch, is the target of the ability placed in a square that was *originally* adjacent to 8-Ball or one that is adjacent after his switches?

3. Passive Abilities and Switches
    a) Lunah
    Veteran sniper relates to making a Combat Roll - this includes both attacking AND defending. Is this correct?
    Further, her Marksmanship ability states her "target" cannot gain cover - is "target" only when declaring an attack, or is this also when defending?
    b) Maximus
    Per the above query re: "Target", can Maximus' switch be used to Taunt while defending vs an attack? Or blocking an enemy from moving out of an adjacent square? Or only when he is directly attacking a model?

(I'm sure there are more we ran into, but that's all I can think of for now)

2. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

1. https://aristeiathegame.com/wiki/article/24-cover. So yes, orange have cover.

2. The effect apply always after the switches, so if a effect says adjacent is to the position of the character after the switches.

3. a) Attacker and Defender both are considered targets of each other.
    b) Maximus switch can be used on a Combat roll (Attacker or Defender) and on a Disengage roll (Agility :Q: or Brawn :R:). In a Disengage roll both characters involved are considered "Targets" of each other.

-V-, Marc C, Croepoek and 1 other person like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation