1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andromeda: Wishlisting

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Pen-dragon, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

So the news from the ITS Backdoor crisis is that Andromeda is no longer available for ITS play until further notice. Rumor has it that all the 'suspended' characters will get profile reworks.

I thought the Andromeda model looks cool, but the profile was kind of 'meh'. I feel the guardian rule is a bit of rules bloat, and I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

So what would you like to see for Andromeda?

Personally I think I would like to see sensor and 360 degree vision, maybe some CQB options.

Arlic, DukeofEarl and pedrogzc like this.
  2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Sensor would be really handy for SP especially with forward deployment.. 360 feels like it should be in the Guard rule to me and would really help the huge Silo

barakiel likes this.
  3. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

So the way I see it, her two main issues are her slow speed and base size.
    One option (since Veronin is out too) would be a Guardian rework. Something like Guardian allowing you to Engage with both MOV values...hehe. To represent them sicking the dog(s) on an enemy.

They could increase their speed to TAG speed...like she's riding on Cetus lol.

If she's going to stay a MI (which I think is stupid considering her fluff and unit type) then she should get an upgrade to ODD or some sort of marker state/camo to increase her survivability.

Stealth seems silly for no marker state, poor defense, and slow speed. Remove it or upgrade.

Maybe trade out FD1 for Mech Deployment?

4. DukeofEarl

She's LI and has a similar ARM and BTS to Scylla and Devas, also LIs

5. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Oh, if she had forward deployment lvl 1 or even better lvl2/infiltration with sensor she would be awesome. Give 360 visor and call it a day.

6. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

What I want for Voronin is to separate him from the Antipode and use G: Synch. I'm not sure if Andromeda's model allows that, but given that the robot panther thing is a lot bigger than the Antipode and her main issue seems to be movement speed some kind of cat cavalry might be an option...

regelridderen likes this.
  7. DukeofEarl

She does have FD L1. Sensor on full infiltration would probably be a bit much though without some serious cost restriction.

8. DukeofEarl

Andromeda's hand is attached to her cat's head. I wouldn't expect a change like that with a sculpt so new.

9. kinginyellow

Worded poorly, i want sensor. If she stays with lvl 1 fine. If she can boost to lvl2 or infiltration would be better.

But sensor and 360 visor plzkthanx

DukeofEarl likes this.
  10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

ODD and/or 360v would make her too similar to Thrasymedes in some regards, with bigger Silhouette working against her.

Increased MOV (hell, they should indeed make her ride Cetus and give her whole 6-6) and Sensor sounds about right.

Nemo No Name likes this.
  11. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Sensor and 6-6 sounds good to me. But I'd add ODD. Maybe SSL2 instead of Sensor?

stargorger and DukeofEarl like this.
  12. DukeofEarl

I thought about that possibility after I responded. 360 seems like the obvious fix for the S4 penalty of Guard. Sensor would make her really shine.

13. stargorger

Right. My point was that her slow speed makes her act like a MI ;) She SHOULD be treated more like a LI, but her huge size and slowness prevent that. In contrast she's not beefy enough for a MI like Thorakitai. So, something has to change there.

Re: her base size...
    I feel like another obvious fix would be to give her some way to affect units outside the poor range bands of her weapons. Either Assault to get her into CC (along with a faster move speed), or some sort of indirect fire weapon, or somethin.

14. kinginyellow

So, 6-4 (i agree 6-6 is better, but might be to obscene) and sensor would make her shine.

Would be a great boon to both sides as a more expensive sensor bot that starts further up the board and is also a solid combatant would be great.

Though i think the short answer is sensor. Sensor + speed is what we want.

15. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

She's 4-4 like other LI?

DukeofEarl and Stiopa like this.
  16. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

The Guardian rule was superfluous, since we already had G:Sync.

If I had my way, Andromedas model was split into two. It would give a nice variation on Sync-bots over the traditional flamers, and be a lot more interesting tactically - for an order and model starved army

Adding more movement to her would be out of sync with the conventions of the game for humanoid models - where a 6-X movement is reserved for the really high profile LHosts. And the notion of kitty cavalry sends chills down my spine, sounding like a 40K take on things.

#16 regelridderen, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    cazboab likes this.
  17. stargorger

LOL you are absolutely right. *facepalm*. lol. I've been mistaken this whole time. For some reason I got it in my head that she was 4-2 lol. :P mb

DukeofEarl likes this.
  18. stargorger

Sounds like somebody is anti-creativity! GET OUT! ;)

I agree split in two would have been better but, too late for that now. Whatever butthead decided to cast her hand as part of Cetus' head needs a spanking :/

I say add more movement cus she (and Veronin) are stuck on the base with the animal. The animal is mobile even if the human isn't, but we can assume that she's had her Lhost upgraded to match speed with her sidekick. She doesn't have to literally ride it (altho your hatred for that idea smacks of secret, subconscious furriness... ;)

regelridderen likes this.
  19. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

I ensure you, I’m all for creativity - which is why I call for a resculpt of six months old model ;)

stargorger likes this.
  20. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

The guy running the ITS narrative stuff @HellLois has confirmed on Facebook that they are NOT gone for the rest of the season.

They are also NOT getting profile changes or updates.

There WILL be some kind of bonus added for them when they do come back, as part of the next "stage" of the Season 9 narrative.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation