1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Iron Testudo: Roman Themed Steel Phalanx

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Golem2God, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Regnator

Regnator Well-Known Member

Fo you have something to show yet ? I must admit i'm quite curious : )

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I have a two torso+heads combinations made already. I can take a pic or two of them if you want. I've been having trouble grabbing some Caledonia kilts but my go-to Infinity retailer says they might be getting some 45th Highlander boxes sometime this month. So I'll be buying those as soon-as-possible. I'm ordering at least one male Volunteer from Shae to try those kilts out but I need to edit the order due to recent mid-month bills. I do wish to showcase at least the wips of the normal Roman soldiers very soon. It's just that time and life are not cooperating as I would like them.

3. Regnator

Regnator Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to see some WiP photos !

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

Alright I'll take some tomorrow in sunlight. It's dark already here when I live therefore the next day would be a better time.

stevenart74 likes this.
  5. Golem2God

Here are the heads+torsos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I hope that they came out clear enough for you to see.

6. Golem2God

Does anyone know if Puppetswar's hands fit on the newer Infinity model sculpts? They just released some nice hand sets and I was wondering if they were too big for an infinity miniature's size. Each set comes in left and right versions except for the hands with gadgets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stevenart74 likes this.
  7. Golem2God

Found this video and I now know what these Romans are going to resemble much better now.

jherazob likes this.
  8. Golem2God

Found this video yesterday and since I posted the above I felt this should go here as well.

I was thinking that when I post pictures of the first models then would get this thread moved over to the miniatures section of the forum. What do you guys and gals think? Good or bad idea?

jherazob likes this.
  9. Golem2God

I do have some good news in that I'm making progress little by little due to waiting on shipping deliveries. However, I recently managed to get enough parts to do this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is just like how I imagined they would look like. Now I just need to figure out what arms are going to be used. I've been looking into trying some bare or short sleeved arms from other manufactures but any Infinity bare/short sleeve arms would work as well. As for the weapons I'm going to use any one of CB's sculpts that I can get to cover their loadouts. Perhaps some spec-ops purchases are needed? What are your guys & gals thoughts on this? What factions weapons do you think would be the best sculpts to use?

And just when I finally got the look I'm looking for the USA Marauders box goes out-of-stock just as the 45th Highlanders come in stock. My guess would be that I'd need 4 more Marauder boxes & 5 45th Highlanders unless I can buy some single models from Shae or ebay. One thing to note is that the 45th Highlanders are much easier to separate the kilts than the Volunteers. I might end up buying the other two Volunteers I currently have Shae holding for me to fill out the final two Marauder torsos. It would just need more work on my part.

10. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If you need Chain rifles I have like 5 of them from Intel SpecOps I can sell them to you :-) I also commissioned a friend to make Aleph combi rifle 3d model that will be finished tomorrow ( he already made PanO combi it's on thingiverse just search for combi rifle ) if you know someone with resin printer they can print them for you.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Golem2God

That sounds like a possible plan. The problem with the 3d design is that I know no one that has a 3d printer. So that is out the window. As for the chain rifles how much would you be asking for them? The only units in Steel Phalanx that use Chain Rifles are:
    1 Myrmidon loadout
    3 Thorakitai loadouts
    2 Ekdromoi loadouts
    I already have 2 Chain Rifles from spec-ops that I was going to use.

Do you have any weapon designs form the factions that you think are better than the others? Best Combi, Spitfire, Shotgun, etc...

12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Hey man, this looks and sounds like a cool project! Did you make any progress with it in the meantime? Would love to see more :)

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Golem2God

I'm currently waiting for some new parts to come in from another company. I'm going to try them out and see if they work. Then I can post a list of what companies bits are the best to but from if you wanted to make your own Roman soldiers. I'll need to start up the project again, take pictures and put some models together but it is possible. I'm wondering if I should continue to post on this thread or make a new one in the miniatures section?

Finding heads for the Roman historical figures to proxy the Phalanx characters can be difficult to find a satisfactory one.

In your opinion what remotes should I use for this Roman Phalanx force? Haqqislam's Kameel remotes?

Any kilts, heads or other bits that you personally think would fit well for this army?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation