1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Infinity of Possibilities

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by Noctavigant, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Noctavigant

Noctavigant Samaritan Extraordinaire

@Noctavigant. . .

Sorry to somehow sidetrack / hijack Your thread; by the way Your Game seems to be awesome and amusing for Your Players, even if the amount of "P.C. Kills" seems to be quite high for My relatively sedate standards (I'm not a "Monty-Haul Santa-Claus" style of G.M. but I tend to reserve P.C. Death for epic moments). . .[/QUOTE]

It's quite alright. If another group is started due to something here, go right ahead ;)
    Sadly, I already run two groups for close to 10 hours a week, so I can't really start another at the moment, though it could be interesting doing something with an online group at one point.

In regards to player killing, I've run it very different throughout the years, and it gives very different feel for the campaign.
    My first ever real campaign, warhammer 2ed some 8 years ago, most of the characters survived the long and epic story, but one player was notorious for his characters dying repeatedly. I believe we have a stronger 'sense' or association of that campaign, because the continued use of the same characters made it a more coherent story.
    Then I had another campaign, Children of Legends, where they played the children of their old characters. where death was ever-looming, but never happening. Characters were essentially not allowed to die, as there was no non-cliché way of introducing another character that fit the theme. It was based a lot more on character relations, and killing off a character would have made it difficult for the player to return to the game.

On the other side of things, my current Warhammer 2ed and Infinity campaign, players will die when the dice betray them. But due to the nature of Infinity (and being inspired by Altered Carbon), I'm fairly open to resurrections. Keiko just left the campaign because the player had made a TAG pilot without understanding the combat system.. so she could pilot, but lacked CC and BS so she couldn't hit most enemies. Cyril kinda got an epic death, in that he is still around, but Pretas is the only one who knows he's been replaced by a speculo.
    Yui died because the players decided to kill him - including his old player. But again, they have a cube copy, so he can be brought back.

2. Noir Kara

Noir Kara Member

Very interesting rpg information. As a long time dm I decided to use Aristeia! Dice and stats for my players and let the rpg inform us of the plot, etc. with items picked up from Defiance and it’s companion games I found the world worked fairly well, and filled in when necessary. For you to win social and other non combat rolls it merely requires you to have the right setup (hacker equipment/tapes from Defiant, non lethal rolls from skills like Taowu shows).
    So far so good… image.jpg

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation