1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An April Fool

Discussion in 'News' started by Space Ranger, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Yup, a lever-action would have befit him much better.
    Maybe add a fancy modern front furniture and an equally fancy sight, and it would have done just fine.

But alas, I got myself the limited edition one, I don't have a dog in this fight :D

Deathwig and Kreslack like this.
  2. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I still really like the look of Bill's Contender. Looks like a supped up YuJing one, and its large enough to easily pass as rifle too.

3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

All three Bills look outstanding. He's too cool to mess up.

#63 the huanglong, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Dragonstriker likes this.
  4. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

i don't think that's what's going on. maybe you can say that about the Kusanagi resculpt, but the additional sectorial availability of the Chaksa has to do with making the cool new sculpts financially viable as a box. based on the 2019 analysis Ielden Soecr did, adding Chaksa to BJC increases availability from 6% to 9% of ITS lists while putting it on the radar of players investing in 3 of the last 4 new factions, especially purchasers of the last two starter packs and previous action pack. and they're on theme with BJC in terms of uplifts/pupniks/morlocks/chimeras.

xagroth and fatherboxx like this.
  5. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

You had me at hello.

the huanglong likes this.
  6. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Is it now? I have a visceral dislike for much of the Ariadna faction, it's aesthetic, the backgrounds and everything else about it.

It's the Mary Sues Nomads that give me trouble in-game. Ariadna is not tough to deal with when you play Haqq.

7. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

i want all the tesseum for my faction lol

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Oh, I agree that, thematically, Bakunin is the place where the Longarms are the least hard to justify (against Starmada and Svalarheima, WhiteCo could be or could be not), but it's precisely where they offer nothing... a 30pts autocannon that need 44 more points to be a Haris, when you can place a Riot Grrl ML in a Moderators Core for that price (and she dodges and shoots better...), while there are no wildcards cheaper than 22pts in Bakunin (Svalarheima and svalarheima does)...

I also agree that it's mostly a decision made with sales in mind, that is precisely my gripe on it...

Anyway, the Kusanagi rescuplt is just the general release version of the Defiance kusanagi, like so many other models. No surprises there.

LaughinGod likes this.
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I dunno. If you equate an Autocannon with a Missile Launcher, then consider that Starmada, Svalarheima and WhiteCo have a BS12 Missile Launcher for way way less than a Longarm that are Core-capable and that there's not all that much difference between Feuerbach and Autocannon but there's a huge difference between a Karhu carrying the former and a Longarm carrying the latter.
    I'd honestly make the case that Longarms aren't welcome in any of these four, but likely least among the Pan-O-adjacent ones. My guts tell me that Longarms would be more welcome among a very limited amount of sectorials, f.ex.: JSA, HB, ISS, Ikari, and possibly some of the Ariadnan sectorials. Depending on Fireteams, only JSA and Ikari would have a use for them without Haris or better, and with JSA that's kind of marginal given that Ryuken-9 HRL exists.

10. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hope they get a profile tweak or some good link options because they're not cheap for bs12 models with low burst weaponry and no modifiers to help win ftf rolls.

LaughinGod likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The only reason I can thing Long Arms are in those sectorals is for sales. Why would a slave race for the Tohaa be allowed to work for non-Tohaa? Unless they are rebelling against Tohaa! I just noticed they don't have Cubes and maybe have some sort of free will.

12. the huanglong

This strategy only works if the Longarms are good.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  13. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

You would think that but CB defies logic sometimes. Why do they come out with a profile of a figure that's clearly not the best of the group? It's like they don't know their own game sometimes. If they have a "play for fun" attitude that's fine but then don't have competitions and not expect people to want the best profiles.

14. the huanglong

I sometimes wonder if they secretly first push the shit profile to obsessive fans and converters, then cash in a second time with the useful profile. I'd take comfort in that because at least that means they are savvy and know the game.

Pierzasty and Dragonstriker like this.
  15. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

I could see the Tohaa-in-exile providing troops to the space-UN. Just not, you know, the valuable ones.

16. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

Yeah...
    But from O-12 perspective it's hard for me to imagine how they ended up doing so. Like...:
    "Hey, we got no long range heavy weaponry in our armada, we should get some to fight this alien menace.
    Yeah, let's send a few Gamma units there.
    No man that's too much and too expensive.
    Right, then let's buy a few auto cannons and give those to the Nyokkas. They know how to press triggers and are willing to die in suicidal assaults.
    Hmmm, but they already have HRLs, they could mistake one for the other and aim the other way around! Not safe.
    True. You know we helped build Kosmoflot? Let's ask for a few ariadnans to joins us then! We already hire Varangians, they'd be friends!
    No mate, I hate Russian accent.
    Whatever. I'll take a look in the other alien race's outlet and see if I get something.
    Sounds like a plan!

17. Errhile

[somewhat tongue-in-cheek]
    Well, do we actually know how the Chaksa breed?

Perhaps O-12 decided to get some Chaksa eggs from Tohaa to hatch them themselves...? :P I mean, they look mammalian overall, in a very general sense, but we shouldn't be assuming things with alien biology. And even having mammalian traits doesn't mean a being can't be an egg-layer (I'm lookin' at ya, platypus!).

...not even gonna ask about the Bakunin. With them, the weirder, the better seems to be the way to go...
    [/tongue-in-cheek mode off]

#77 Errhile, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  18. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

With Bakunin I bet they would try to cross breed pupniks or chimeras with chaksas xD

xagroth likes this.
  19. Errhile

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Absolutely. And they'd film that as an entrerntainment material. Bakunin's adult entrerntainment sector caters to every whim. Incluting the ones you didn't knew to exist... and you still don't want to know. Because there is simply not enough brain bleach in the Universe...

But I have a firm belief it would be very difficult to crossbreed a Chimera, virtually with anything. From what I remeber, the Chimeras are way too cyborgized (damn, they had STR rather than W the last time I checked!), so I would assume they are not breedable - you need to make one with invasive surgery.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

It absolutely happens far too often not to be intentional unfortunately.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation