1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aleph N4 changes

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Bard, Sep 25, 2020.

1. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Agreed. I also like the sensor against factions like jsa where the infiltration roll means that enough sensor is guaranteed to be able to find it.

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

My first thought was that it would be the latter, but after breaking it down and writing out a whole supporting response, the second effect clears it up completely. "Both the user and the target can perform Skills and apply MODs and CC Special Skills that require Silhouette Contact" CC Attack is a skill that requires Silhouette Contact.

Not as fun,but far more reasonable.

3. kinginyellow

I don't believe guard is an automatic skill due to it being a short skill, so it is only "on" when the skill is declared. Because of that, they can only effectively cc attack you if you cc attack them first (so due to how the ordering goes, you can only be cc'd back if you are aroing with guard bite) (they can declare cc attack first, but if you then shoot them instead of cc attack, they will declare idle instead and just be shot un contested).

DukeofEarl likes this.
  4. DukeofEarl

Oh shit. That's great. If you aren't using the skill there is no Target for it. Idle and watch them sweat their choice.

It is an automatic skill, not a short skill, but it is an option one.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  5. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Not much to sweat about, really.

Shoot/dodge/hack/whatever will let you FtF regardless of what Andromeda does on her second half, CC will mean eating smg bullets.

6. DukeofEarl

Well yeah it would be stupid for anyone to CC attack in anticipation. It potentially means that there is no reason for anyone to ever declare CC Attack against a Guard unit as an ARO though. That means you could get some very favorable numbers against even the strongest CC units by ignoring their visual modifiers, giving them up to a -6 mod and you hitting on 24s. Not the best situation for say Achilles or Shinobu.

I do wonder if Guard is supposed to have the CC Special Skill Trait though. The Flavor text before the actual entry calls it a CC Special Skill, but it is missing form the box.

7. kinginyellow

Several things is that I was wrong, guard is an optional skill, but one in which you can just turn off till you declare to bite them. Which means my prior trick is legal of move without guard, they shoot, you cc attack. But if they move, you aro cc attack, they CAN cc attack back (so don't cc attack other combat experts, either smg or zapper as aro against them)

And cc attack vs smg is a ftf roll where andromeda is heavily favored, being cc 24 vs their bs attack at -6 (+3 range, -3 mimitism, -3 from martial arts, -3 from cover). The chances her ap+exp damage 15 attack will kill them is extremely high if she can cc attack vs a bs attack.

8. DukeofEarl

That's where I'm leaning now too.

9. DukeofEarl

@ijw any chance you could intrude on our interpretations of Guard?

10. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Well-Known Member

I think it's not intended, as it is. The Deva Lieutenant with Triangulated Fire has Sensor in Imperial Service. I can't imagine that would be an exclusive profile.

upload_2020-10-16_20-13-58.png

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation