1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aleph in the Room

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I thought I'd bring up our new comrades the Deva. I'm a bit surprised they are now in ISS but pleasantly surprised. And amazed they can Haris! And even more surprised with Lieutenant options!

I could make this!! Just for fun but still pretty good.

upload_2020-9-26_23-10-27.png

What are peoples thoughts?

2. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

I was expecting Shukras, but Devas with Dakini haris are really good.

3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

It's amazing. There's so much that can be done with them, either as compliments to the native troopers and fireteams, or by taking on Wildcards for additional functionality.

As a cheap yet very effective Haris, they can make great use of the spare SWC provided by a Crane MR Lt, getting around a problem I've had with otherwise well rounded +SWC Lts in the past, not having enough points to make good on the bonus.
    With access to ISS wildcards, I can imagine a lot of potential.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Devas makes perfect sense because in order to buy Dakini you have to buy a Deva.

5. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I'm excited to put the Dakini HMG in a Haris link.

6. Space Ranger

I didn't realize the box set had a Deva. Finally they did something that makes sense! lol

They are going to great either defensive or as go-getters.

7. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I started de N4 journey thinking EVO hackers for Supportware weren't worth it... But a Dakini Haris seems really nice. Only downside is we can't put the Hsien togheter with those new nice Zhanyings at the same time.

8. the huanglong

I bought a deva very early on in my collection to larp as a sophotect (until I got a sophotect anyway), I'm very happy she has a use for the time being.
    [​IMG]

Balseraph and Space Ranger like this.
  9. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I like the new feature and used it in my first N4 game: Deva Haris with Adil and Dakini Tacbot, Chaiyi, EVO, SuJian SF, Luna, 3 Kuangs with CG and CG lt. ah and Sopho with two bots and Warcore. It worked very nice vs. JSA. We can now play OSS and ISS in one Army :-D
    But I wish the should remove lt. profiles from the guest, just for fluff reasons.

the huanglong likes this.
  10. the huanglong

I guess some times the imperial agents are the hired help.

11. SpectralOwl

Deva fluff describes them as officers and advisors for hire, one of the main fluff reasons an Infinity faction would take one is to serve as LT. It's a little sketchier in YJ than most other places since the Party really, really does not like the idea of giving ALEPH any power over them. Devas are undeniably quite good, but finding a Crane with an ego small enough to defer to one would be an uphill battle. It's actually a great idea for a Wu Ming or Kuang Shi list though, sending waves of valueless criminals to their deaths at the hands of an unfeeling machine in the name of efficiency is very in-character for the Imperial Service!

12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Yes under some special circumstances the Aleph agent will take over the power, even in ISS. But honestly I think the "guest faction" in a sectorial should not given that power in game terms even it is fluffwise explainable. Sure I would do it if I see the usability, so I prefer to not have the choice ;-)

Hiereth likes this.
  13. Space Ranger

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation