1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALEPH future sectorial

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Vocenoctum, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

So, it was mentioned in the Interplanetario video that Steel Phalanx will be going dormant next. No ALEPH sectorial was mentioned of course, but we know there will be a new Starter box in March/April and there was plenty of speculation that it might be ALEPH anyway.

So, what're the theories for a new ALEPH sectorial for March? Will we see a Toth force to protect the AI's Core on Concillium? A mix of OSS and actual humans would be cool enough.

2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Is this confirmed? I've heard rumors but haven't seen anything yet and frankly i haven't been keeping tabs as much as normally these days

Ashen_Seeker likes this.
  3. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Honestly, I don't think we'll see too much of Aleph anytime soon ...

All I know is that when the Steel Phalanx is relaunched and re-sculpted, it's going to be legendary.

Dragonstriker and redeemer like this.
  4. Vocenoctum

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/709986550
    1:13 is where they're talking about it, but I don't know if it is officially dead yet, but it's next on the chopping block.

5. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

6. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

Might just be a Operation Coldfront + Beyond Coldfront into a 10 models Army Pack.

7. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

I started playing because of Steel Phalanx so I will cry about that. Steel Phalanx does need work, the lack of a core, no camo, limited midfield at the beginning, no shock immunity and not white noise makes them very difficult in the current state of N3.
    As for seitorials here is some of my ideas:
    An Egyptian theme Berue Toth with a focus on posthuman or trans human units (not the post humans as in Mark 1-5)
    A Hebrew golem army, after all Aleph is a Hebrew/Aramaic
    A Mongolian or Persian rapid response force or terror force, doing Persian would be a nice rivalry with SP in the fluff. Myrmidons would hate the Immortals and they would try and out due each other
    An Alchemist theme R and D force where they just go crazy with different types of remotes or new human bio tech, because dogface Lhost may be a thing
    I need to check the 3rd Offensive Aleph section, I seem to remember them expanding with new sections in a sidebar or something.
    The big issue is making it different from OS if you go with Berue Toth or remote focus

Generally Aleph has a focus on naming things or being inspired from civilization that often get characterized as philisophical or high thinking, in this case Greeks and Hindu

8. Vocenoctum

They haven't announced anything at all really, so it might just be nothing.
    Whatever next years stuff is, will be their CodeOne introduction for two new armies. I'd figured Nomads & Aleph, but the Nomad Action Pack sort of seems pointless if you're going to add CodeOne/ Operation: FrozenMargheritas next year (though they are resculpting a good few of Corregidor). We get Cosmoflot for Ariadna, so seems redundant to do another Ariadna so soon as well. Not that any of this excludes whatever random thing CB might do of course. :)

So, ALEPH vs Haqqislam maybe. Plenty of unexplored Haqq forces that could be in a new set and plenty of reasons for ALEPH and Haqq to tumble.

Anyway, Starmada and Cosmoflot also show that a new ALEPH sectorial might have never been mentioned before. It'd be interesting if they had a lot of non-hackable stuff, which would fit with a Toth set.

An egyptian themed robot army might be a little "done" though, especially if they can be raised from destroyed state. It'd be cool though, and I'd love a giant 3 legged walker tag!

9. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I'd love to see the SP get it's reboot, When I was starting the old models were what pushed me fully into OSS instead of vanilla. I do like the Thorakati, which I believe was the most recent SP release.
    As far as new Sectorials, I honestly thought that White Company would be our 2.5 sectorial, with much heavier Aleph representation. It actually only has one lonely Danavas.
    Checking my N3 Human Sphere book, Bureau Toth is an O-12 organization, while the three branches of Aleph field units are
    • Operations Sub-Section with Hindu/Vedic names,
    • Assault Sub-Section with Greek names
    • Support Sub-Section (also called ALEPH Bet?) with Hebrew names.
    and is later noted as being perfectly capable of carrying out independent operations.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

And much like Kosmoflaut came out of nowhere in the past five years in universe things could have changed in Aleph as well.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. D_acolyte

"Rebot series is based on letters of the Alephbet, the Hebrew alphabet." That is from the background for the rebot on the store page, there is the ALEPH Bet. I would love to see all the general bots get changed to make them different from other factions.

I do think another remote focus force is repetitive for the faction. We have shock warfare with the SP (though they need more inderect fire to really do it), OS I feel is tech and long range warfare, we could use a dirty warfare or defensive warfare.
    One issue I have is that the standard troop of our to sectorials are really different from each other and I consider that a good thing as it changes the feel without making redundant bloat like in the nomads with the securitates, moderators and aquiciles which are basically the same model with stat differences. A Myrmidon, Thorakati and Dakini are really different from eachother and so if we get a new core fireteam of "basic units" I would want them to be very characterful and standout as a possible alternative that do things differently and not just cheaper X.

12. Vocenoctum

Yeah, it was very disappointing. Starmada has more ALEPH than WC.
    Yeah, Toth is an O12 Bureau, but works tightly with ALEPH in many ways and would be easy enough to justify. As I said though, I'm pretty sure it'll just be something we've never heard of before. I'd like something Toth-like that is a more defensive unit. IIRC, the ALEPH Core-pit is on Concillium, so a Toth/ALEPH defensive unit being involved in Concillium defense.

Of course, if it's a ALEPH/ Haqq Operation (perhaps ALEPH wants it's own silk supply), a covert desert theme would be neat too.

And of course, I'm still thinking ALEPH should have been rolled into O12 anyway. O12 would have had a Swordfor sect, Starmada, OSS, Steel Phalanx, et cetera. Doesn't matter though.

Ashen_Seeker and Golem2God like this.
  13. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

I’ve got a complete Phalanx, so I wouldn’t miss them. Besides my initial infatuation with Aleph and the game stemmed from Achilles and the Marut, and I’ve always preferred the mixed approach in Vanilla.

My preferred Infinity fantasy is the idea of the flashy super soldier - Achilles - taking all the attention and publicity when fighting Yu Jing terrorists and nomad perverts, while a bunch of invisible robots and androids sort out the situation in secrecy.

14. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Aleph doesn't need another sectorial. It needs fixes and improvements to existing units and that's all.

15. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

That’s already happened.*
    This suggests that next years non-starter action packs will be oss & tak.

*actually, no it hasn’t. They’ve just gone oop**

**this also hasn’t happened.

#15 Dragonstriker, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  16. Dragonstriker

And new myrmidons.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  17. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

I had a moment of doubt and checked the online store, but no it didn't happen. I mean a box with just the ALEPH content (and eventually Ariadna too), like they did with Icestorm's Nomads or both factions of Operation Wildfire.

Coldfront and Beyond Coldfront are still available tho, but i expect them to retire that box anytime soon to split it.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Dragonstriker

Man, I’m 0 for 2, aren’t I?

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  19. Ephrilune

Ephrilune Well-Known Member

I am totally in for an Egyptian Themed Army. Humanoids with Animal Heads, like Su-Jian or Blue Wolf would be awesome. Maybe not the best fit for Aleph, but that would depend on the actual design.
    A second assault group woudn't make much sense and Persian doen't fit the Hero Theme that well.
    As the fight now seems to be on Ariadna, a Keltic or Nordic theme could reach the Ariadna people to unite

20. D_acolyte

First I like the idea of a Egyptian Themed Army as well. I have lots of ideas of what I would want it to be, including an Anubis TAG.

Assault is not what I said. I mention terror or rapid response. SP has shock trooper tactics adequately done between the focus on smoke, CC, and mid to close range combat the only real thing they are missing is artillery and indirect fire which during WW1 where a big component of what made the development of the iconic shock troopers work, that would be the German stormtroppers. The artillery in WW1 was later replaced by the use of tanks to compliment the advance of the infantry, in the German case that would be the Panzer 4 which originally mounted a high explosive round where the Panzer 3 was meant for anti armor roles. I would have loved to see a Rudra variant with heavy grenade launcher for SP.

A rapid response force is less about assaulting and more about getting in to the right place, things like climbing plus, super jump or increasing deployment zones would be examples of what they want. Starmada is actually a good example of this in some way with there rules.
    Where OS and SP are for long or close range respectively with some outliers a response force is meant for mid range, center of the table domination, or reactive/counter play (not meaning ARO here). No matter what you want you would need guys that can take a beating which is why I thought of Persians with there troopers called Immortals (I can just see someone making a necron joke now). Also an Immortal vs Myrmidon rivalry could be fun in the fluff. This could also be where we get some true heavy infantry that are not supper expensive.

A terror force is much harder in infinity but I am thinking something like the ISS or one that does a lot of isolation. Yes it does not fit Aleph being a hero, but I do not see Aleph as a hero despite it being my main faction. I see Aleph as being one of the most frightening things ever, a computer that understands humans. It makes logical moves to get the responses it desires from humanity to save humanity which makes it able to justify/execute atrocity much easier, be where logic without morality. For a representation I thought the Mongols though the Huns also work. Though if you want to go really villianous then the Ars Goetia is an option but I would stay away from that.

For a more defensive army you could go Roman.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation