1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After a few games with BS Attack(Guided)...

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Ugin, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I guess whoever on the CB team who is the Nomad cheerleader finally got some sense talked into them. Not enough, though.

Savnock likes this.
  3. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

I think they are fine at 44 points. Any more any they likely would not see much play.

Savnock and RobertShepherd like this.
  4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The problem is that the only FTO option is the Mim-6 mk12 (+2DAM +1DAM and AP, do not forget that). If that specific profile were mim-3 or non-linkable, it wouldn't be so bad. As it is... the Albedo ones do not see much use, because of the price range (it's hard to fit 2 Vostok in a list, and the mk12 is a superb attack piece inside a cheap haris... I've seen him with 2 Jaguars...) and, well, Nomads having H+ (and thus White Noise) in all three sectorials.

#164 xagroth, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
  5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Mmm, true for this one profile, but there's other stuff going on with Nomads.

6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Making the Albedo ones linkable would make the longer-range options way more appealing.

7. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

Yes it sure would have. The only option hat should not be linkable is the ML Vostok, because B3 ML in active would be a bit too strong.

8. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I disagree: B3 Ml in active turn is a nasty hit, but not much different from a linked Feurbach. An ML also has a pretty difficult range band to use in the active.

Given that Karhu can sport a +1B linked Feurbach in a full link -with- Mimetism, MSV1, NCO, Climbing Plus, and Terrain: Total for just 35 points... linking the Albedo/ML Vostok isn't outside band or balance with the rest of the Infinity range.

9. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

+1 DAM not +2

While effective at making a mess of the opponent this fireteam composition isn't that great, it doesn't do anything relevant to winning the game beyond killing as it can't interact with any mission components and when it is the primary list element you are going to be running orders through you want it to be able to do mission stuff while it is up the table. Better off saving a bunch of points and taking the hacker sombra or replacing the vostok in that haris with a EVAder Engi with spitfire.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Serves me well for posting running just at the beginning of my lunch rest (while thinking about the geckos to boot) xD. It's +1 and AP, however, making it a DAM16 AP... painful.
    Not my day...
    You can certainly fit the Vostok with a mission achiever... the cheapest would be the Daktari, but the Evader BSG engineer is quite interesting (mines, D-Charges...) with a smoker Jaguar, since the other option would be a wildcats haris for a non-smoking fireteam.

#170 xagroth, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
  11. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

The Vostok doesn't have AP ammunition. You might be confusing it's Immunity (AP) with BS Attack (AP).

So it's just flat DAM16 - which, hey, is pretty damn solid.

xagroth and Tourniquet like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation