1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AD

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by C0MR4DE, Jul 8, 2018.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you actually need to play games at all first?

2. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Why don't you just come out and tell me what your problem is with me? I'd rather you just get to the point instead of making snide comments from time to time. Hopefully after you've gotten it off your chest you can move on.

3. inane.imp

My point is that you don’t actually know what you’re on about and often don’t seem to want to listen.

I’m more than happy to patiently explain things to people who want to engage in good faith, but I don’t think you really do: you have preconceived ideas and don’t seem to let them go even in the face of overwhelming opposition. Admittedly your more recent efforts are an improvement over your earlier contributions which seemed like out and out trolling.

4. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

FYI, me asking for proof of statements isn't me not listening to you or anyone else. It's me wanting to learn. Knowing WHY something works the way it does is far more valuable than hearing your opinion on the answer. It's not my fault you think your interpretations should be taken at face value. But I guess i can't blame you. You're probably tired of having the same arguments about the rules again and again. Maybe it makes you feel bad about the game you enjoy and that's why you behave the way you do.

I think it's much more likely that you have been closed minded to the actual questions I've asked and my point in asking them. Or maybe you just don't like me questioning the way you've played the game for years.

My questions aren't always perfect but I'm willing to keep trying when I ask them. The only reason I may appear better lately is because I've accepted the rules are terrible and people like you don't have the patience/desire/understanding to explain them in a way that helps me learn. You're not an authority on the rules either. So without proof, your opinions are essentially house rules anytime I see things differently.

The way you respond to @Hecaton as well makes it clear to me you have no respect for opinions that differ wildly from your own. How many rules have you played incorrectly over the years? How many mistakes have you made? https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/impetuous-and-vaulting.23960/ Not everyone is as knowledgeable as you, nor will they all share your opinion. When this happens... it's not trolling.

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I am amazed that a simple question went south so determined and so fast, cut it out people.

And yes, please do avoid ADing in enclosed spaces and places were there is terrain overhead, open rooftops are landing zones though.

Ginrei likes this.
  6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Why? Because you said so?

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Because it is highly likely to violate the expectations of your partner in the game and this leads to stress, confrontation, and bad feelings.

ChoTimberwolf and ijw like this.
  8. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

9. psychoticstorm

In good progress.

Teslarod and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. inane.imp

11. Hecaton

When people spring rules on me in the middle of a game that aren't in the rulebook it's gonna lead to the same. We need a common document, not a set of customs and traditions that vary by region.

12. Hecaton

ChoTimberwolf and CabalTrainee like this.
  13. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

It would be great to make a rule about how to use templates. So we can exterminate the " we always play like this" ideas.

Fun fact we are talking about high tech factions with combat jump from space etc and u cant image that it drops into a building xD

14. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

I'd be more than happy to let your Ko-Dali combat jump into a building THROUGH the roof, but I expect her to look like a fine paste after passing through rebar and concrete and terminal velocity or higher :D

C0MR4DE likes this.
  15. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

With her angel wings, she just hovers over the window ;)

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  16. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

Just so I'm clear, is a bridge or other overhand treated the same way as a roof in your comment? I can understand not ADing into an enclosed room, but it always seemed a bit unnecessarily restrictive to me that a bridge keeps you from ADing onto the open ground below. If that's the intention, that's fine (this hill isn't worth dying on) but I would like to play it correctly.

17. psychoticstorm

I would not restrict it, AD troops manoeuvre their decent, landing at an angle is no small feat, but been an AD troop is not a small feat either.

18. Hecaton

Again, there's nothing in the rules about this, so... good luck rules lawyering it on someone.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Another thing on exactly the same topic that needs clarification is dispersion. Does the trooper land on the roof, second floor, bridge, ground floor, or what? Do you attempt to land it on the same level as the trooper tried to land on? For a mandatory movement it's under-defined.

20. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that pretty much nothing of this ever came up in my games because everyone i know just prefers to walk on the table with airborne infiltration.

Robock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation