1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acontecimento Explodes

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Narkano, Mar 25, 2018.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd say that the Peacemaker is less than "a good choice" and more "a complementing choice". It starts in the middle of the table... like the Montesa. It is geared for short range... while the standard Fireteam in Acon is the Bagh Mari defensive link (msv1 plus mimetism plus 4+ members => very good with sniper rifles and other heave and long range weapons, since they negate entirely ODD/TO values thanks to Visor + 5 member, smoke is useless if you attack them thanks to SS2, etc...).

I fail to see the advantage in that. The CA is in Paradiso, and YJ attacking Acon would set the whole O-12 against him. PanO's weapons in the hands of the JSA can be explained as "they bought the weapons in the open market", same thing the Druze did in the past with YJ weapons (the Spitfire model, now discontinued, was a YJ weapon without a doubt) and now to with Nomad ones (the HMG is the same the Mobile Brigada carries).
    The real issue YJ has with PanO was that they must have supported the JSA claim on YJ's territories (Earth's Japan and some colonies, specially Svalarheima), and that is a political battle which continues, from what I have gathered, since YJ voted in favour of Ariadna's inclusion on O-12 (against PanO's corporate interests).
    Additionally, Varuna would be a more logical focus for destabilizing ops against PanO, since there are a native species PanO is using as cheap labour and "controls" thanks to pressure suits.

As for what "Acontecimiento Explodes" might mean, there are too many options. The literal one would be the CA making a show of force, like they did with the Morat, but then again that would be a little strange, since the EI prefers to blow periferal planets first (and that has consequences aswell, since periferal planets tend to act as "shield" against coming stellar debris).
    Another one would be making some sort of Armageddon (the movie) event, but meh...

Then we can go to the figurative options, of which the most likely I believe would be that Acontecimiento takes the center of the Stage... for whatever reasons I fail to know, since we are talking about an industrial & vacational planet with some geriatric care, as its three economic pillars.

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

You sir, are really delivering quality content. Keep it up!

3. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Honestly even if Baghs had that profile added instead of a replacement I’d totally take it as my link filler.

Also, can we add that GdA become MOV 6-2?

4. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Hnnnnnngh the dream is real.

I'm so jaded these days, but I actually sat up in my chair and read through a second time. Just the thought of it is so awesome.

I agree that Acontecimento probably won't be the focal point for Yu Jing total war. I think the threat of reprisal from PanO, O-12, ALEPH probably forces Yu Jing to stay in check regarding the Japanese secession. I imagine it's their watchdogging that allowed the ethnic Japanese to even secede at all, and I think it'll be Svalarheima (and not Acontecimento) that's going to be the hotbed of escalation between Yu Jing and PanO.

As far as speculation on Acon exploding... Anyone's guess at this point.

Speculative rambling:
    Yu Jing infowar elements orchestrate a security gap in the PanO blockade, which allows a Combined Army naval detachment to break through, landing on Acontecimento and infiltrating Varuna. Yu Jing's participation is not enough to qualify as full collaboration, but their goal is to stretch the resources of PanO in retaliation for their collaboration with the Japanese.

Large scale armed conflict erupts on Acon, while Varuna finds itself under siege from within. Blue Sea is mobilized on both Varuna and Acon, unveiling Varuna as a Sectorial. The Acon conflict draws PanO, ALEPH and O-12 resources to the fray, including PanO troops being recalled from Paradiso and Svalarheima to assist. The watchdog redeployments and sudden nature of the conflict gives Yu Jing a freer hand in reprisals vs the Japanese (unveiling Invincible Army) plus escalates the conflict on Svalarheima (White Banner release ).

5. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

If this is actually it I’ll be so happy. Very believable, adds significant tension to a mostly stagnant enemy (contained on Paradiso, only a threat in vague terms like Tyranids in 40k). Also gives me another reason to despise YJ.

Golem2God and barakiel like this.
  6. barakiel

No clue if it's true, but it makes sense to me. Makes the CA a more real threat, lets Yu Jing stick it to PanO for PanO's involvement in the secession, makes PanO have to work a bit to remain top dog now that they're being attacked on the home front, sets the stage for crazy Tohaa things in the future (it was Tohaa all along!)

Golem2God likes this.
  7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Well he said in the same video "I may be exasperating a bit", so probably something will happen in Acontecimento, we don't know what.

PanO sell to anybody wanting legally weapons, why wouldn't they want to sell weapons to Japan, they also offered to sell remotes but Japan declined....

I kinda doubt Yu Jing would invade Acontecimento its a solid PanO territory with no legal chinks unlike for example Svalarheima.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

On first read i was like wow that was casually racist. Id prob change the phrasing

9. psychoticstorm

em? what now? were?

stevenart74 likes this.
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I think Barakiel stated that Yu-Jing would "only" compromise PanO stellar defences in order to allow CA for opening new (ground) front on Acontacimento.

barakiel likes this.
  11. Narkano

Narkano Armed Shiba-Inu

Another American English thing, you were using it as in a chink in the armor, but as a proper noun it can be construed as a derogatory term for Chinese people.

psychoticstorm likes this.
  12. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@psychoticstorm. . .

I think that @Skoll has misunderstood "Legal CHINKS" (Chinks = Openings; as in "Exploitable Loopholes" as a sort of Anti-Chinese Racial Slur (as in "Chinos" "Chinkos", "Ching Chongs" and so on !!). . .

Man, what the fuck, people are REALLY thin-skinned due to the frickin Kempeitai Discussion. . .!!

I fear We'll see other misunderstanding of this nature. . .

Please, BEFORE starting throwing accusations to the MOST INVOLVED Forum Moderators, that ANYWAY write a flawless English, consider that being a Native from Greece MAYBE He ignores some kind of Slur that is "Soho Cockney Patois" or "San Francisco Slang" could be a TOTAL Coincidence. . .!!

EDIT: Beaten by @Narkano. . .

13. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Chink is a derogatory term used to refer to Asians.

I know that's not the intent. That's why i said it could use better phrasing. Because of the context it can be misconstrued as such.

14. barakiel

It's just educating that certain phrases carry meaning. If I accidentally insulted someone from another country, or if my comment carried meaning I didn't know about, I'd want to know. Wanting to share information and being "thin skinned" aren't the same

Stiopa likes this.
  15. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

The line did throw me for a second as for a moment I thought he was saying yu jing doesnt care cause there are no legal chinese citizens to stake some claim over (with some flowery language) then I re read it. Gave me a chuckle, speed skimming forums can lead to some amusing misreads.

barakiel likes this.
  16. psychoticstorm

I really meant chinks in their metaphorical legal armour as is the expression, chink in my armour, I think the racial slur thing is getting rather silly.....

Svalarheima is a disputed territory under the exploration and colonisation act (or something) while Acontecimento has no legal ground for disputes.

Narkano, A Mão Esquerda and mothman like this.
  17. barakiel

Most of us agree that Yu Jing invading Acon isn't super likely. My idea is that, rather than Yu Jing invading Acontecimento, Yu Jing instead makes the planet strategically vulnerable to somebody else. This draws in PanO, ALEPH, O-12 units to protect Acontecimento, distracting those watchdog organizations, and letting Yu Jing aggressively expand elsewhere (unveiling Invincible Army and eventually White Banner.)

18. Thandar

Thandar Dedicated Aconteccan Supremacist

Fairly big chunk of Accontecan population is of south Asian ancestry (Indians, people of the Phillipines, and quite solid number of ethnicities inhabiting Malaysia and Indonesia today). They'd be the next on Yu Jingese expansion table if PanOceania wasn't forged, following the Japanese course, and I'm quite sure they are aware of that. Any Yu Jingese attempt to invade Acontecimento would probably provoke a stubborn resistance. Maybe it would be easier for the State-Empire to subdue Neoterra then Acontecimento, withs its industrial potential, massive military force and long tradition in urban, jungle and counterinsurgency operations of Shock Army. Even if the invading forces weren't repelled, the best result the Yu Jing could achieve would be a deadly meatgrinder on a hostile planet.

Letting the aliens do the dirty work and expanding on Svalarheima is completely different issue.

barakiel likes this.
  19. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

The misunderstanding above is hilarious. Well done, fellas!

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation