1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About FRRM in N4

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Urobros, Mar 13, 2022.

1. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Slap some combat shotguns on some profiles for zuoaves too. If they're linking and at in the midfield I want a molotok and a shotgun in that team lol

Savnock and Stiopa like this.
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

BSG added. Molotoks were phased out by AP Spitfires.

3. Jukebox3113

Jukebox3113 Highlander

I agree on your take on mimetism. The only reason I said mimetism at all is because of their abysmal PH 10. Even Metros have PH 11. Also I'm not sold on the AP Spitfire. I quite like the HMG here, even better if they were to add AP to it especially if they are going to Haris. I also wouldn't mind swapping out a profile of having a panzerfaust to instead haveing a LRL. A sapper hmg, and 2 minelayers in a haris could really clog up a third of the board and I absolutly love the idea of it!!

4. Stiopa

I like the HMG as well, but on a midfield unit I prefer assault weapon that can get +3 below 16" range, and which can't be put in -3 by opponent's unit maneuvering into CQB.

LRL on Zouaves would be very nice. Or on Moblots...

Savnock and Jumara like this.
  5. csjarrat

Yeah I know. I'm just old and salty lol

Savnock likes this.
  6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I too prefer the old, characteristic names for different equipment. “Thermoptic Camouflage” is so much better than “Mimetism -6”.

7. surfimp

surfimp Active Member

So this is a tiny data point, but I did take FRRM to my first N4 tournament on the weekend. It was a small event with 7 participants, and we played Supplies, Supremacy and Firefight.

Even though it was literally my first time playing FRRM in N4, I managed to make the podium and finish 3rd, with a win (vs NCA) and two draws (vs TAK and Shasvasti). It was a lot of fun!

I had some lucky dice rolls and had to really work to solve the tactical puzzles and score objectives, but in the end it was enough. Most importantly, I met some pretty cool new Infinity players, and hopefully we'll get some more games in the not too distant future.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8
    CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 20)
    PARA-COMMANDO AP Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 31)
    BRIGADIER BRUANT (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration) AP Spitfire, Chain-colt, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 30)
    MÉTRO (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration]) Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    MÉTRO (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration]) Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    MÉTRO (Lieutenant) Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7
    CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    PARA-COMMANDO AP Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 31)
    LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 21)
    LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 25)
    LOUP-GAROU Boarding Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 19)

4.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#47 surfimp, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  8. csjarrat

Good effort mate. Surprised you didn't take a sniper rifle in that loup team. Always found the range bands helpful in a tournament as TOs spread their terrain thinner across more tables than usual lol

Jumara likes this.
  9. Jumara

Jumara Well-Known Member

I did convert my sniper to get an extra ADHL/BSG loadout (had an extra AHDL from a Chasseur), and then came to the same conclusion that a sniper in the Loup link would be nice so I converted another with the Spec-Ops sniper ;D

csjarrat likes this.
  10. surfimp

surfimp Active Member

That was always my thought, too, and what I did by default in N3. I'm sure in the future I'll try it again.

On the other hand, at least for me, and as much as I love them, the Loup Garous always seem to melt pretty quickly. So I felt that having 4x Viral Rifles gives some extra redundancy.

Also, the value of DA+Shock on BTS vs Shock alone on ARM (in the Sniper) is something I think about, too. Granted, S15 vs S13 is important as well, as is the +3 modifier at that middle-long range. So I see the appeal of both. In the end, it's a judgment call, and in this case at least, I had the points and wanted to see what 4x Virals would be like.

#50 surfimp, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    csjarrat likes this.
  11. Stiopa

My go-to Loup-Garou core would probably look like this:

LOUP-GAROU Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 20)
    LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 25)
    LOUP-GAROU Boarding Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 19)

1.5 SWC | 106 Points

All range bands covered, good viral access, plus some utility between GL, ADHL and direct template. Yes, I like toolboxes.

Sad part is that I think Caledonia is more likely to get the next Ariadna sectorial makeover.

Jumara and csjarrat like this.
  12. csjarrat

Yeah it's more when I don't have it, they get pinned on a long fire corridor and frrm hasn't got much smoke so I regret not taking it. I find they have to shoot their way up the board at times and even the xvisor doesn't help that much with rifle ranges.

Tbh, the melting issue is true of everything short of duroc in frrm, always found they were a faction that could dish it but not take it!

Jumara likes this.
  13. csjarrat

Yeah now they're not lumbered with a flash GL the standard GL is a lot more tasty in a full link

14. surfimp

surfimp Active Member

In terms of the appeal of the Viral Rifle vs the Sniper, I think DA+Shock ammo combined with the higher Burst (especially in a full link) ends up being very valuable, even at longer ranges.

The actual (as opposed to theoretical) value will depend entirely on the match-up, but I've used the baseline Alguacile for comparison here.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 103235.png

15. surfimp

surfimp Active Member

My opponents must've sensed how much I love my Loup Garous, because they were happy to come into my side of the board to try to hunt them down. It was left to my infiltrating Bruant and parachutist Para-Commands to enfilade their ranks with their AP Spitfires while the Loup-Garous castled up in my deployment and fought off the invaders. Meanwhile, the Chasseurs actually got work done :yum:

Urobros, csjarrat and Stiopa like this.
  16. Jukebox3113

Jukebox3113 Highlander

What makes you say that?

17. Stiopa

It has bigger overlap with Kosmoflot than FRRM, new Scots, SAS and few characters make it easier to hit the ground running with its rework.

csjarrat likes this.
  18. Jukebox3113

Jukebox3113 Highlander

I disagree. While all of that is true. Kosmoflot plays alot like CHA because of all those units. Additionally, they just put CHA OOP. My theory is that USARF will go OOP next and thats when FRRM will make its comeback. Wishful thinking, possible. But with new sculpts for paracommando and mirage 5. I do think its on the way back.

19. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm not sure that any OOP sectorial will ever come back. And if they do, they'll be retitled and redesigned to be functionally brand new.

Daireann likes this.
  20. Stiopa

I've already seen comments that Kosmoflot plays like FRRM, too. In my opinion it's distinct enough from every other Ariadna sectorial, overlap or no. As to which sectorial will come back next - it's guesswork, and we should also take into account that CB will look at it from a business standpoint. They'll consider whether CHF, FRRM, or USAriadna will sell better.

Jumara likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation