1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A thread about tables

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by MAlgol, Feb 24, 2018.

1. MAlgol

MAlgol I couldn't tackle the bear

I remember there was a thread about tables in the last forum and though this one needed one too.

I' am always looking for inspiration on terrain, layouts and themes and everything in between.
    Post pictures on complete tables you've built, played on or seen. Can be one at your local club or a tournament you visited.

You can add a few lines about it too, thought when you build it or how it was to play on. =)

This is for complete tables only!

Go gadget, Go!

2. MAlgol

Here is my latest from Wednesday 21 at the local club. Only played one game on it, Hunting party.

[​IMG]

descrii likes this.
  3. toaster

toaster Modelling Madman

That tables thread was a great source of inspiration, good idea to resurrect it.
    I'll add my 2 cents worth.
    Desert table with rocks
    [​IMG]

Desert table with fortress and buildings
    [​IMG]

The Mars table is only 3'x3' and is on the rebuild for Infinity list, hopefully this years big project.
    [​IMG]

City table built using the awesome plans from Matikishis Tea House
    [​IMG]

And the spaceship/spacestation table my one specialized Infinity table
    [​IMG]

Now if all the other brilliant terrain makers on this forum could show off their work, I'm starting to focus on just one project instead of getting lost in too many choices and I don't think that's normal LOL.
    Robert

Robock, unclesrouce, Vaulsc and 2 others like this.
  4. lord_dri

lord_dri Imperial PanO Commander

I made 2 tables for the BCN infinity open on the 27 of january.

A sort of varuna themed city.
    28061670_1001459886674114_68202219147945247_o.jpg
    The objective with this scenery table was to make somehing more different to what we are used to play on, adding different terrain hights and a ship. That is basicly a huge barrier with some connections to "port" one basic rule was that any ladder should go over 100mm so u can use them in a single movement order without models getting stuck in between.

building had their corners chamfered at mid hight in order to change the logic of playing with silhouettes instead of bases.
    One side of the table had better aro positioning, the other a safer path to middle objectives .

Negative things:
    many aro pieces didnt do well due to excessive number of elements

Haza city
    28070588_1001459890007447_426605969891165310_o.jpg
    Due to me being an architect and my taste for Zaha Hadid architecture (RIP) I wanted to do a Haqqislam table that wasnt full of clay houses, more propper for the middle ages than for a technified future.

decided to add curves, mirrors, 45ยบ planes in order to achieve unique buidlings but following a similar rule to the varuna city building with chamfered corners.

All the pointy design roofs, gardens and walls were in order to solve a problem of LOS making barandas opaque, but due to changing hight interesting to play.
    The catwalks were designed to make the player stay alert of angles and covers.

1 side had high towers 150mm while the other not, but the other side had better acces to catwalk and defense against flanking troops.

Negative:
    the catwalk maked the players overthink too much the LOS and slowed down the game.
    people sometimes afraid of using a laser due to mirrors.

unclesrouce and jherazob like this.
  5. MAlgol

I like the different terrain height, been thinking and planning of making something myself. Made them yourself or bought?
    The lower once seem to be simple squares.

6. lord_dri

lord_dri Imperial PanO Commander

I make them myself.

Ther lower one are mainly square based but chamfered corners, the tower and catwalk are design based on crossing planes.
    DSC_0130.jpg DSC_0148.jpg DSC_0150.jpg

7. MAlgol

I decided to try out a watery-swampy terrain yesterday and this is what I came up with.
    It was fun but a difficult. Lots of angles and terrain you didn't think of that could slow you down or had an opening you didn't think of. =)

We only played a small 170 point wit this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Chillwind

Chillwind New Member

Good use of the Dreadfleet mat

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation