1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Box, guys. Cool.

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by LoganGarnett, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I think Shasvastii might shed some light on the eventual tohaa regenesis. They lost some profiles that were dead weight, some things had their roles changed and lastly, new profiles were added.

2. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

But you have all of these tools to close the gap now. There's another option for Smoke, Stratocloud is solid, Tricore means you get +3 to your BS, and anything that hits outside the Rifle range can be shored up by the Viral Sniper that happens to have MSV2. If that doesn't do it for you, we have a Symbiont Armour Impersonator that can take a Symbio-Mate with SMG and E/Maulers.

We honestly don't need HMGs that bad. I actually enjoy the lean away from it since HMGs tend to be auto includes for factions anyways.

#382 -Ghost-, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

Does anybody know at which point we'll be allowed to use the new units for ITS play?

4. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

Profiles go live on March 27

ChoTimberwolf, Abrilete and WarHound like this.
  5. OrderMonkey

So I could go full-proxy Spiral Corps on my tourney on march 31? Sounds like an awful idea :smiling_imp:

6. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

This may be subject to validation by your TO, it's a pretty short amount of time for him to review the lists. I suggest you ask him.

7. spears

spears Well-Known Member

I disagree with this assessment. Mixed links have seen a bit of a rise in viable aro presence and msv snipers.
    Very little in spiral appears to be able to outgun aro pieces without having to walk up the board.
    Mirrorball is amazing but you can only have one down at a time so it's not great at covering exposed ground.
    A lot hinges on the remaining rules but currently spiral look to have jsa tier shooting which is really painful to play with.

8. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

We have Stratocloud, which is Nimbus and Low Vis for Visors and normal troopers. So in the active turn we will have a considerable advantage.
    Which ARO pieces are we trying to outgun? I just wanna see some examples.
    Erm. JSA is pretty bad, I don't think this Sectorial with all of its Triads, Gadgets, and tricks is that bad off.

9. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Do we know if the saboteur ignores it's own cloud yet?

As for are pieces even standard ones like a linked fusiliers of a marksman tr bot might cause issues. That's without getting into the latest hotness like kamau or dakini.

I have ended up looking at clipsos snipers and le muet as solutions. It seems telling that items that rarely see play elsewhere look attractive here.

Tricks are all well and good but often the best answer is to shoot it in the face.

10. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Koni said somewhere that yes, he does.
    Also, we still have to see the complete ruling, but as far as we know Stratocloud is NOT Nimbus, so MSV1-3 will ignore the -3 modifier.

11. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Still pretty good though, definitely enough to make their shooting more relevant.

-Ghost- and Abrilete like this.
  12. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Taking a B off that pesky linked ARO is definitely a nice feature to have.

spears, -Ghost- and Abrilete like this.
  13. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Ayyyy.

I thought Bostria explicitly said in the video that it messes with Visors. Can we drop Mirrorball while Stratocloud is running? I feel like it's an NFB issue.

Sometimes that's all you got, m8.

Smoke, MSV2 VSR with Tricore will pop the REM.
    Stratocloud AP Marksman Rifle can take care of the Fusilier Fireteam, or apply pressure with Impersonator.

oldGregg likes this.
  14. spears

spears Well-Known Member

I'm not going to knock shooting through smoke, especially with full link bonuses. Its a little more fragile than I would like though and that's quickly eating into swc on fragile platforms.

Assuming the Stratocloud works as we hope if you engage the fusiliers between 24-32 range you have %46.82 to inflict a wound after spending the order to activate the cloud. Assuming you are in a triad.
    At the same range again in a triad the Sukeul hmg has a 66.50% chance to wound the fusilier. Its a significant difference for a model that costs 5 points more and takes an order to put up the support ware.
    To be fair once in good range the Saboteur jumps up to 70.84% but that takes us back to the original statement that being able to engage outside of 24 makes a big difference.

Pretty certain that you can have mirrorball and the cloud up as long as the mirrorball is from the Agent and not a saboteurs bomb.

Abrilete likes this.
  15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Do we know if any of the existing Tohaa rules are getting changed at all?

16. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that Symbiomates might be getting a change of some kind, but that is probably just a rumor. Other than that I haven't seen anything about Tohaa changes yet. If they are changing anything the 27th would be the time to do it.

17. OrderMonkey

I think I remember reading that there will be more pheroware tactics, can't recall where, though.

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Or when folks can actually have the minis in hand, after the pre-order period.

19. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

I will reiterate that I don't think Mates are as broken as people claim, but they just feel bad to your opponent since they retcon a single great FTF victory into a push. This can happen 4 times in a tourney list for Tohaa Faction.

The actual effect is similar with something like TO or ODD, but it feels completely different because your opponent loses the FtF in the first place. In many cases, they lose multiple FtFs because of it. If CB wants to do something simple that would clear up most of the feel problem, I'd have the Kaeltar bring 1 mate and 1 bomb, and have it be CoC.

20. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Pre-order period?!?! :triumph: Making friends with the VIGs who get into the exhibitor hall at Adepticon early is where it's at.

Disclaimer: Not a VIG, not social enough to find a VIG to buy something before 10:00 Thursday morning.
    Disclaimer: The event organizers at Adepticon already sent out a note saying that they won't be using the new profiles that week, and suggesting that everyone attending does their list early.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation