1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Fistful of Silk. A Blog about Money, Mercenaries and Mustaches.

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by semper_fidelis, Oct 19, 2018.

1. semper_fidelis

semper_fidelis Active Member

ok, the mustaches are nonsense, but I had to find a word to get the catchphrase working ;)

current family picture:

[​IMG]

..more to come..

#1 semper_fidelis, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Golem2God, jherazob and Koin-Koin like this.
  2. semper_fidelis

[Placeholder for complete army shot]

3. semper_fidelis

Ok, so lets start with some Mercenary fun!

I started with Infinity almost two years ago and my first army was PanOceania. Though I still love this army and their different sectorials from the beginning I thougth it would be nice to field some kind of unusual/mixed army.

And now with the new NA2 factions I have the excuse to buy a lot of minis from different factions which I definitely NEED.
    The first army of NA2 which appealed to me was the Druze Bayram Security. So i ordered the new Druze Shock team box and got the limited Brawler, of course.

In the beginning I was not interested in Ikari Company or StarCo.. But since I had a look again what kind of minis the other merc factions can use and clicking around in army builder..oh boy.. I want to field all of them from time to time, but I think DBS will still be the main faction. I am glad I can use most of the remotes for my PanO army, too!

#3 semper_fidelis, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@semper_fidelis The forces I currently own are MRRF, USA, most of PanO, Morats & Onyx. Thinking about Tohaa but I'm waiting to see what 2019 brings.

I've wanted to build a Merc force for awhile now but haven't had the hobby resources to get my feet wet in the sectorials. Hopefully that will change in the future but with Varuna being released around my birthday that might take some time.

5. semper_fidelis

@Golem2God, I know the problem with army overload :) Definitely getting the Varuna Starter and want to start Acontecimento as well. Never head interest in them, but when the blow up was announced, I looked, what they got and..boom. I was interested.

Regarding Mercs, starts small. Get a box and a blister, or 5 minis from other sources. Smaller games can be fun, too. Just had a 200 point game last weekend and it was great.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

MRRF and Acontecimento would make good Merc lists since they both have unique playstyles/weapons/skills compared to the rest of their factions. MRRF already has a couple of Merc that can be taken naturally in their lists Including the Anaconda T.A.G. and Algucail Hacker which can link with fireteams.

One member on this forum, @hydra, has made a Merc force using the Acontecimento army. Perhaps you should check his thread out and get some ideas for your planned Acon force? It could be a good help in planning which models and conversions you can use.

I can see Varuna being a good sectorial for a high-tech Merc force but we'll have to see when the whole army builder update drops in November.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation