1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of questions to the CB staff about fluff direction and the Infinity fandom

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hecaton, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

If you had bothered to read the consistent portrayal of them in the fluff, you could easily see that they are villainous from a certain point of view and worldview, and not from another. Are order, stability, loyalty, and conformity your watchwords? Then they are true heroes of the StateEmpire. If you value justice, freedom, expression, etc., then yes, they are villainous. However, recognizing that would require actually reading the way ISS has been consistently portrayed, rather than whinging and whining without bothering to invest the time to actually know what you're talking about...

Panzerkanzler and Abrilete like this.
  2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

@Teslarod you're best off not engaging at this point as I'm sure this thread sinks further into the mud.

Teslarod, sarf, Flipswitch and 3 others like this.
  3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

That's not how they've been presented in Uprising, which has been straight villainous. The reason it's purely villainous is that they are not sacrificing the lives of Japanese noncombatants in an expedient manner... they are straight-up making the situation worse through what they do. They are written as if their motivation is not self-preservation or victory, but to cause pain and suffering to the Japanese.

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I'm a customer. I *am* entitled to a certain level of quality in product.

The warcors shut down attempts to discuss the release in anything but sycophantic terms on various avenues of discussion outside of this forum, including not allowing posts of information from Gametrade magazine (which had been published) because it violated their scheme for how this information would be disseminated. When people stated their worries that JSA models would be removed from Yu Jing, they were giving the "wait and see" thing. Which was an outright lie, since the were already privy to that information.

That's because you think it's disrespectful for me to have self-respect.

Yes, and...? I'm complaining about two legitimate things.

It would be a problem if CB did that because people care about fluff. People identify with factions. Casting a faction that people identify with as the most villainous one in the setting, against earlier characterizations, is a problem. And before you say "The Imperial Service was always portrayed as authoritarian!"... the Imperial Service is described as taking several actions that serve no purpose towards actually helping the situation, but just kill Japanese civilians and push more of them into the arms of the rebellion. That's not authoritarian, that's just pointlessly evil.

Yu Jing as portrayed in Uprising is so bad that living under and oppressive, exploitative aristocracy like the Kuge is preferable, because the alternative is just getting killed for the lulz.

Not committing mass murder would be a start.

No. From the beginning it was "You have no right to complain, you have no right to criticize." That's how it was from the start.

I'm doing fine. Anywhere where WarCors don't ban anyone who doesn't polish CB's boots there's an increasingly negative perception of the whole enterprise.

Yes, because killing noncombatants is such a big help towards getting the populace on your side..

Yes. This is the part that gets into Yu Jing being written as unrealistically incompetent - but that's not really what this thread is about. This thread is about Yu Jing being portrayed in an unremittingly villainous manner.

There are plenty of things written in an omniscient manner, straight quotes and so on, and all of them portray Yu Jing as the villain. The story of Uprising can basically be described as "everyone teams up against Yu Jing" and there's nothing from the Yu Jing side, really. This is poor storytelling.

No, you're not. You want to see the Yu Jing faction decimated and mangled, as near as I can tell. You willfully misinterpreted what people were complaining about - that Yu Jing had its roster dramatically reduced with nothing to compensate, like the new Sectorial people were anticipating. And you willfully misinterpreted that as "people want IA released before it's ready." That's not what people wanted... people wanted IA to be ready earlier.

Criticizing something when it's bad and complimenting it when it's good makes something stronger. Complimenting something when it fails only serves to make it weaker, though it does feed some people's ego...

Sure. I was hoping it didn't happen in an "All Chinese people in the setting are genocidal bastards just itching to kill Japanese civilians" kind of way. Because that is either racist (unlikely) or incompetent (likely) on the part of the writing team.

Barrogh, Eldritch and Aldo like this.
  5. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Guys don’t feed the troll. He’s decided this is his hill to die on.

6. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Well, no. This would be a fundamental misunderstanding - or perhaps willful misinterpretation of the much-vaunted benefits of capitalism. As a customer, our entitlement isn't much more than to take our money elsewhere really, is it?

And it's not that I don't sympathize. I still haven't got over the Most Important Films Ever Made being ruined by midi-fucking-chlorians and Jar-Ja fucking-Binks! The bad news for some of you guys may be that Yu Jing did some bad things; but the bad news for me is that Jar Jar is now a part of MY story, and for lack of midichlorians, I'll never be a Jedi now after all!

#206 Wolf, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  7. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

Guys. Hecaton may be overreacting but calling him troll is just low. What you are trying to do is trying to convince a person, upset about the fluff, that he shouldn't be upset. This is ridiculous. I mean, forcing you to belive that uprising is bad and unfair isn't going to be effective. If you think it's worth your time, good luck. There are a lot of us who are concern and upset but we have better things to do than fighting on the forum. Saying that one is a troll or fanboy is really damaging the community.

I'm not angry about ISS being bad, arguable plot quality nor the departure of JSA. I'm angry about not getting anything meaningful to compensate for all those things. Is CB even going to answer? They are reading this. They know there is a problem because they lock threads about this problem (I know it's because of inappropriate language) and they are still silent. Handling things like this is unproffesional. I wanted to be excited about the possibility of IA arriving this year and not sharpening knife in case they don't.

And if there is somebody in the internet forum, who forces you to throw shit at him, maybe it's not him that is the problem. Just have a beer and don't create bad blood between players.

#207 Furiat, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    P-Chan, Barrogh, DaRedOne and 3 others like this.
  8. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Last call to the respect between forum users, please. This involve everyone posting in this thread.

Thank you.

9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

/premature edit: Koni decided to post his warning while I was typing this.
    I still have no intention of standing down, while someone feels he can get away with slander and straight up lies about my person and my intentions. So if this gets this thread locked, so be it. Screw taking the high road.
    Being silent about these ridiculous claims didn't work in March, didn't work in April and now that we have May they're still polluting the forum with the same bullshit they started with.
    My apologies if you disagree here and if this counts as a lack of respect on my part. For my part I haven't received any, so please understand you're asking too much. There is a militant group blaming CB, all Warcors and everyone who disagrees with them for problems so blown out of proportion they don't expect a solution anymore.
    It's pride and stubbornness that keeps them going with their course and there isn't much you'll do to stop that unless you are willing to hand out temporary or permanent vacations for some people. I won't exclude myself from that, go ahead and do what you deem appropriate.

@Hecaton so you've decided to resort to straight up lies again. Nothing new from you but you start to appear more and more desperate.
    Most of your nonsensical complaints repeat themselves over and over about some oblivious sense of entitlement and how you don't want to play the villians. As @Wolf points out you're mistaken about deserving any entitlement and the reason why.
    I also like how you're not willing to contest you straight up tried to discredit me by underhanded means multiple times. That's an interesting point to leave out when taking your time to post the white washed bullshit you're not getting tired to repeat for everything else.

You know what is funny? The YJ player's face on this forum is some angsty, whiny, entitled brat at this point. Someone impossible to take serious outside his own circlejerk of likeminded individuals.
    I can already see the threads (because there won't be one but multiple) during the campaign of you guys lamenting the low participation of YJ and how it is CB's fault the YJ players failed to rally behind a banner.
    In truth that will be on the incompetence of last years command and on the toxic attitude you guys seem to harbour against the game in general, everyone who disagrees with you as well as CB. You did a good job dividing the YJ community after everyone who likes JSA has long since moved on.
    You're also doing a good job screwing your likeminded supporters over by claiming every Warcor there is, is out to get you. A fine folly my friend, curious to see how you intend to get your cause to move forward from here on out.

You'll continue to poison the soil of an entire faction till you're forcefully removed, getting tired of it or fade into obscurity at some point.
    I am really sorry for everone who holds YJ dear and was looking forward to play out the narrative side of things. They're gonna fight an uphill battle to make a difference by no fault of their own.
    The other players, YJ or not, simply do not deserve that.

I'll be on the other side of things anyway (duh), so kudos to you for all the new memes we'll get out of it.

But it's so cute when it's angry :kissing_heart:

Panzerkanzler, nazroth, saint and 4 others like this.
  10. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

You are throwing everyone to the same bag. People can be unhappy and still reasonable. I can agree that some of them are overreacting but hey. What you are doing is being no better. We are toxic because people say that we should stop being toxic. It's an endless circle. We all need to calm down.

A Mão Esquerda and chaos11 like this.
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

For the betterment of the community I think it's high time to time out the people who continually show they can't discuss the subject without discussing or outright slandering the person.

SeraSmiles, loricus, oldGregg and 3 others like this.
  12. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

I guess I was clear enough on my last post.

As Furiat says, you all need to calm down. So please, stop discussing in other threads like this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation