1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8-Ball Swapping Valkyrie

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Jonah, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Hi all. I had another interesting question come up in the tournament I was running on the weekend. Valkyrie's card states 'Enemy Effects cannot move, Place or Displace you' but 8-Balls Tactic Dance for Me! states that you 'Swap the positions of 2 targets within Range 1-2'. So can you do this on Valkyrie? Although you are physically moving the model (i.e by picking it up and putting it on a different hex) the terminology is different - Swap rather than move/Place/Displace. I ruled that yes this could be done (although I don't think the 8-Ball player ended up doing it in the end) for this reason (a Swap is not one of the things that cannot effect Valkyrie) but was I correct?

Thanks

2. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Nevermind, I've answered this myself! Swapping means that you Place so you cannot do it to Valkyrie.

Untitled.png

Flipswitch likes this.
  3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

My first thought is no.

Mainly because the wording on Valkyries card is "cannot move, ..." and I'd link swapping someone is "moving" Valkyrie. But it isn't a Key Word on the ruling, it's whether Swap comes under "moving" someone. Which it is.

It's whether Swap exempts you as it doesn't specify Swap on her Card.

Swap is a Placement, so no! :)

Jonah likes this.
  4. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Good edit :joy:

Good job for me the 8-Ball player didn't end up using it on Valkyrie!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation