1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 in Numbers - ITS data analysis

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Ieldin Soecr, Jan 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Since the win ratio of the several factions kinda bores me out I compared the average Ordercounts. As you can see the standard deviation within one mode/tier is much higher than the difference between the modes/tiers. EDIT: Except for Limited Insertion but I think it's obvious why.
    Befehle.png

#121 Tristan228, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Which chart are we talking here? The top 33%?
    For Druze more than anyone else low sample size remains the key thing to watch out for. It's 29 games for the top spot, that could be a single outstanding player or a "biggest fish in a small pond" situation where the same 2 guys win their local meta events over and over. It's not nothing, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Compared to Aleph and Spiral with 229 and 217 games respectively right above Druze, take it with a grain of salt. There might be several 30 games 90-100% WR players in there who simply get dragged down by the other people in the top 33% with them.
    PanO is a Vanilla Faction with 5 Sectorials.... theres choices galore even if more than half of them are duds we're still looking at 2-3 Sectorials worth. Just considering the 7 viable TAGs, Swiss, Aquila and Joan V2 to build a list around is pretty good as far as variance goes.
    Nah I'm saying people who play Ikari likely don't like LI to begin with. The Ikrai players I know were jumping on 4 Yuan Yuans and loved running 8 in SOF.
    Well it's no secret I don't have a high opinion of the format and people have been playing less and less of it since it was introduced, so....
    I'd imagine it attracted mostly new and casual players, looking at C1 basically taking LI and making it even more accessible.
    LI isn't very appealing as a competitive format to many and a large amount of ITS events simply are tournaments, meant to compete.
    It's included in the overall data and you don't need to be a veteran to be any good at Infinity. Games tend to focus on being entertaining to the average player and in case of competitive PVP games, balanced around what the top 1% can pull off.
    Having some stuff that's harder to play in there isn't bad. It's fine if a majority of the choices are accessible but to keep designspace open for the maniacs who enjoy the extra effort.
    Examples that come to mind would be Meepo or Techies in Dota 2 compared to the rest of the Hero pool. Basically takes learning an entirely new game to play either of them so they're just not for everyone.
    If you want to extrapolate what's easy to play I'd definitely look at the middle.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Yes they are deceptively strong at the hacking game. They're the endurance predator of Infinity hacking

theradrussian likes this.
  4. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

In the game.
    But the ITS will have an extra that allows to play without that restriction (like the tactical windows in this season) ;)
    also in the game you have the Free Mode

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I might not have put it in a way that perfectly aligns with yours, but that's the gist of what I meant.
    My meta has a few players who won't play certain factions in LI, but I don't think we have anyone who will decline an event if it is LI, so they faction hop in those events, so for me I just find it more likely that the numbers represents people who will opt for one of their other factions instead of try to make Ikari work in a LI ITS tournament.

I don't like LI, either, because they're far too swingy, often being decided on who gets first kill.

6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Ran through the Mid Tier and High Tier Data for Vanilla Factions.
    Individual outliers don't really matter here because every Faction with a similar sample size will have to deal with the same.
    Faction: Mid Tier->High Tier
    CA: 2->27
    PanO: 4->8
    Aleph: 8->3
    Haqq: 10->23
    Tohaa: 13->19
    Ariadna: 32->34
    Nomads: 38->10
    YJ: 44->1

I'm not taking lower tiers into account because the majority of players there are learning, playing what they have and a bunch of other factors. Factoring them into the overall stats is fine, but they're not good indicator on how well something performs. We all know that some things are harder to play than others.
    Compared to the overall stats, the mid and upper tier tell a more interesting story.
    This is only ITS without Extras, strangely enough Ariadna isn't doing well in an environment with access to unlimited Combat groups in either tier. On the other hand PanO Vanilla performs roughly as good as Aleph, which mostly means Aleph is much easier to play lin Low Tier.
    And ofc YJ surprisingly rises like a phoenix from a dumpster to claim the top spot for High Tier.

7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

This doesn't shock me. Vanilla YJ has all the tools it needs to dominate high level play. What is shocking is Ariadna preforming worse than even Haqqislam. I wonder what could be the cause of that? What are Ariadna players struggling to deal with?

8. SpectralOwl

I imagine not taking Sectorials. Links cover a fairly big weakness in Ariadnan design concerning their ability to deal with many hard AROs head on, especially MSV2 ones, and most of the Ariadnan sectorials seem fairly replete with options- including good Camo Infiltrators and Smoke Warbands. They even open up interesting new options like USARF's mass Grunt Infiltration or CHA's masssive order supply with Wallace. Vanilla Ariadna certainly isn't weak by my measure, but those Sectorial perks are very tasty.

9. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Very cool data, surprised to see how often or how little certain profiles were being used compared to how often I use them. IE Clipsos FO for me is 100%, but across the board is ~40%. Mostly this data seems to suggest that the game is pretty balanced compared to prior experiences in wargaming lol.

Would be sweet if data like this was used for balance. Like, imagine if the top 10% of profiles in a faction or in the game each year got a 10% price hike, and the bottom 10% got a 10% price cut. Or each unit over 50% take rate got a hike and under 5% got a cut, something like that No thought needed really, just do that every season for long enough and the bad stuff and good stuff would line up really nicely.

10. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet that swing is largely based around whether the Druze player has a good understanding of the hacking game.

11. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I don’t think that would have the effect you’re expecting!

The top 10% of profiles includes the basic building block units like Alguaciles, Fusiliers and Line Kazaks, which means they’d just keep going up and up because players need to take them anyway.

While the bottom 10% of profiles often includes units that don’t have a model yet...

12. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

*proxies a Zeta for 75 points* We're, uh, we're doing this, right? Because now I'm all excited about it.

ijw likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation