Discussion in 'O-12' started by Geistend, Jul 17, 2019.
This is my choice. Brown and light blue.
It’s obviously still very much a WIP, but here is mine so far. These three are my test models. The armor will be a glossy black with white accent panels. I’ll also do some blue LED looking lights.
Still very WIP but now there is probably enough to get the idea.
Just finished a few more models with the St Theo color scheme.
Great article, bit late to the party as I’m finally getting Wildfire in a few days time for my birthday. Been thinking of colour schemes for 0-12, and I think I’ve settled on:
- main colour a mid-blue (I use Citadel contrast paints, my new lifesavers because otherwise I never finish an army, so Ultramarine Blue). I was originally going to go with a navy blue, but after seeing the CodeOne art I repainted my PanO army mainly white with a few navy blue features (face plates, shoulder pads, knee pads, etc.), the contrast looks great.
- Metallic gold for the yellow/gold bits in the art.
- Very light blue with white highlights for the hex patterns, making it look like it glows, so a gloss finish. I’m thinking I’ll use this same method for any lights (eyes on helmets, etc).
- Darkish grey for any under-suit showing, gloves, etc.
- Black for guns.
- Still not sure about belts/straps/pouches. Was thinking a lighter blue-grey. Or maybe a brown (which is what I usually do).
- Bone for the bases for which I have hex grid toppers.
Here is my take using the gold and glowy blue recipes from the O-12 paint kit
Very nicely done.
I got mine commission painted and asked for them to be done in Dark Blue and Orange, he just sent me photos of the first batch of completed figures. The colours really work on these models.
Tried something in white and green. Originally planned with green and gold metallic, but the basecoat wasn't available and I wanted them done for our little campaign. Quite satisfied with how they turned out, even if it is far away from good paintjobs.
After playing Deus Ex:Mankind divided, I'm going to paint mine up like the Czech state police from that game. Their anti-clank force.
Armoured cops. The HI S2 troops.
Regular cops. LI and Sk S2 troops.
The S5 unit, I have another faction's S5 HMG trooper for it that I'm modifying into an exo-armour that is reminiscent of the CSP: exosuits.
The Dragao I have has a new head (I lost the original pointy gundam head off it ages ago) and will be my 80-X "boxguard" robot (hereafter known as "Shitkicker"). It's the right silhouette, has the same big gun, and is less cartoony than the Zeta shown.
That's a pretty good look, Chromedog.
I still haven't finished building my stuff from the box. That gap on the Gamma just kills my enthusiasm every time. I've been greenstuffing my Skitarii robes for 40k for the same reason, and I just can't bring myself to do it for O12 when there's not really an active community.
Additionally, everyone's armies look great. Good job everyone!
Decided to redo my colorscheme for something a bit more fitting of a "peacekeeping" force.
Fixed up the base edges and added some red lights in a select few places after these pics - just too lazy to take new ones and the photography aspect of the hobby is truly not my favorite.
But very happy with how the NMM effect and semi reflective effect added some interesting tones to the greys.
Always good to see so many cool colorschemes in here!
Some really good effects there. I really like how you put some orange in the grey on the facets facing down, it really sells the NMM.
Really, really late for the party and not nearly as good a painter as you guys, but here's my O-12 Tank Police/Bubblegum Crisis scheme
This will be my ultimate color pattern, maybe with some variation witrh the green tones
I'm trying to recreate my version of spanish Civil Guard (?) Guardia Civil, a police national corp
Work in progress ATM.