1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best release 2017 – S1/S2 silhouettes

Discussion in 'News' started by Kakino, Dec 19, 2017.

?

What is your favorite miniature of the year 2017?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2018.
  1. Raicho pilot

2.9%
  2. Scindron remote pilot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hassassin Govads HMG

2.9%
  4. Fat yuan yuan

17.7%
  5. Gecko pilot

4.0%
  6. Hassassin Áyyar (2 viral pistols)

20.0%
  7. Airborne Ranger (Molotok)

2.3%
  8. Zhànyīng (Hacker)

2.9%
  9. Swiss Guard (HMG)

5.1%
  10. Uhahu (Outrage character)

4.6%
  11. Shikami (2 CCW)

16.0%
  12. Pneumarch of the Ur Hegemony (HVT)

13.7%
  13. Jeanne d´Arc (MULTI Rifle)

4.0%
  14. Kǎnrèn Counter-insurgency Group (Hacker)

4.0%
  1. Kakino

Kakino Desconfiando de Aleph

Year 2017 is coming to its end. Corvus Belli gives us a lot of great models and we probably spend a lot of time and money with them. Do you remember all the miniatures released this year? Would you be able to choose your favorite? Are you missing any model that you would have included?
    First, some points to clarify:
    • The results of monthly best release are extracted from old Spanish forum, from now we can use the results in new forum to best annual release.
    • There aren’t January releases. The reason is that until then, Corvus named the releases with the month when they present them and not with the month when new models arrive to shops. So “January releases” were in fact “December releases” and voted in 2016 best model poll. The next releases were called “February releases”.
    • In August only two boxes were presented (Beyond boxes), but they were so special that we made a poll between all single models.
    • Outrage characters box were special too. They are infinity miniatures and have their own missions and profiles, but are not playable in ITS. So we made a separate poll with them and include the winner in the annual poll.
    • As we all know big miniatures as TAGs use to be more spectacular than normal models, so we make a separate poll for big silhouettes and other to S2 silhouettes. You can vote in Big silhouettes poll here: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/best-release-2017-s4-s5-s6-s7-silhouettes.837/
    And now, take a look to our nominees:

• Raicho + scindron (Best February release)
    2017 was the year of the pilots and we have a couple of them on the list. First of them we find the Raicho pilot and Scindron remote pilot. They came in the same pack but I included separately in the poll. This is CA and there can be only one winner!
    02-17 Raicho Pilot & Scindron.jpg 02-17 Raicho Pilot & Scindron 2.jpg

• Hassassin Govads HMG (Best March release)
    Or how to carry two weapons with style.
    03-17 Hassassin Govads (HMG) 1.jpg 03-17 Hassassin Govads (HMG) 2.jpg

• Fat yuan yuan (Best April release)
    You were dreaming with his curves for a long time and finally he arrives, with two miniatures!
    04-17 Fat Yuan Yuan 1.jpg 04-17 Fat Yuan Yuan 2.jpg 04-17 Fat Yuan Yuan 3.jpg

• Gecko pilot (Best May release)
    Second pilot in the list and mmmm this one wear more clothes than other pilots… it seems that Geckos are better refrigerated.
    05-17 Gecko Pilot 1.jpg
    05-17 Gecko Pilot 2.jpg

• Hassassin Áyyar (Best June release)
    Another Hassassin on the list, and how a HI would look in the far west.
    06-17 Hassassin Ayyar (Viral Pistols) 1.jpg 06-17 Hassassin Ayyar (Viral Pistols) 2.jpg

• Airborne Ranger (Best July release 1)
    In July we had a draw with two empowered women. First of them, an airborne that you won’t see to come until it was too late.
    07-17 6th Airborne Rangers Reg. (Molotok) 1.jpg 07-17 6th Airborne Rangers Reg. (Molotok) 2.jpg

• Zhànyīng (Best July release 2)
    The second one is an Imperial agent that will hack you, for your own good of course. The Party knows what you need to know.
    07-17 Zhànyīng Imperial Agents (Hacker) 1.jpg 07-17 Zhànyīng Imperial Agents (Hacker) 2.jpg

• Swiss Guard HMG (Best August release)
    In August we only see two boxes as releases, but a lot of beautiful minis! The winner was the coolest guy with the coolest armor. He’s so cool that carry a sword that he will never use. Why? Because it’s cooool. That’s PanO motto: Cool in war, isn’t it?
    08-17 Swiss guard.jpg 08-17 Swiss guard 2.jpg

• Uhahu (Best Outrage miniature)
    In fact they aren’t legal playable miniatures, but we want them since we read the manga… wait, haven’t you read it yet? Get out of here! She is small but she came from Tunguska, so you can’t hide inside that big TAG.
    08-17 Uhahu.jpg 08-17 Uhahu 2.jpg

• Shikami (Best September release)
    Admit it; you bought two because you didn’t know which head you prefer.
    09-17 Shikami 1.jpg 09-17 Shikami 2.jpg 09-17 Shikami 3.jpg

• Pneumarch of the Ur Hegemony (HVT) (Best October release)
    The Evolved Intelligence has sent him to let the Human Sphere knows his options: Die or surrender (and maybe not die, just maybe)
    10-17 Ur HVT.jpg 10-17 Ur HVT 2.jpg

• Jeanne d´Arc (MULTI Rifle) (2nd Best November release)
    The Maiden that came from a Manowar cover. She can inspire the heart of any troop in the battle but this month she couldn’t defeat her counterpart in the CA and she had to settle for second place.
    11-17 Jeanne d´Arc (MULTI Rifle) 1.jpg 11-17 Jeanne d´Arc (MULTI Rifle) 2.jpg 11-17 Jeanne d´Arc (MULTI Rifle) 3.jpg

• Kǎnrèn Counter-insurgency Group (Hacker) (2nd Best December release)
    Another miniature that had to settle for second place, but it’s Yu-Jing, they are used to being second in Human Sphere. Don’t get angry, it’s a joke, true, but just a joke… oh, someone is knocking at my door, I think that here comes my invitation to join Wu Ming Corps.
    12-17 Kǎnrèn Counter-insurgency Group (Hacker) 1.jpg 12-17 Kǎnrèn Counter-insurgency Group (Hacker) 2.jpg

Don’t forget to leave your vote!

#1 Kakino, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    barakiel and Abrilete like this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Waaaaay harder than the Big Size one... I'd say Ayyar, but it's a frigging close call with the Kanren Hacker, the Shikami and the UR HVT.

Are you S1/S2? ofc not! Ponies go to S4 or more! :p

#2 xagroth, Dec 19, 2017
    Ginrei likes this.
  3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Lots of good models so, in the end, I voted for the Fat Yuan Yuan (the most charismatic of the bunch).

#3 Abrilete, Dec 19, 2017
    M.O.A. likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Note to self: buy 4 more Kanren.

Still, Fat Yuan Yuan > *

M.O.A. likes this.
  5. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

This poll doesnt represents me!!! XD XD

xagroth likes this.
  6. Amrod

Amrod Well-Known Member

I'll be needing a couple of days to choose in this one...

7. M.O.A.

M.O.A. Monofilament Orbital Attack

Fat Yuan Yuan, Swiss Guard and Pneumarch, in this order... And Uhahu...

Abrilete likes this.
  8. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Fat Yuan Now and Forever!

Good.

9. ArTrodes

ArTrodes Never give up

Well at least i decide Uhahu, it´s a great work and amazing miniature.
    My second option was Pneumarch... but Outrage win my heart

10. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

such a hard choice!
    Sikami, Ayyar, fat Yuan Yuan...

11. Kakino

Kakino Desconfiando de Aleph

When I created the poll I was thinking if include an option to vote “I don’t like any”, but it’s the “Best of the year” poll, so I thought: nobody can hate all the models! Maybe I was wrong XD

fari likes this.
  12. Iro

Iro Unidron, Dron, Dron, saca los cuernos al Sol~~

Pneumarch, and he deserve a Troop Profile.

13. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Well, my choice wasn't so easy 'cause it's really difficult to find a bad miniature when we're talking about CB products and each of those present in this topic is amazing, but my decision is quite clear :

[​IMG]

Why?
    Because, thanks to this model, I started Hassassin Bahram, it has a great power !

14. Wildgit

Wildgit Member

Fat Yuans are the most favourite!? I smell alot of filthy pirates in this thread....

Anyway, this is a thought choice, but i must settle with Kanren HD for my 1st, with Gecko pilot as my 2nd. Both are great model in great units, so whats not to love?

As much as i love Ayyar, he's just diddles compared to the new tacticool marksmen. So no vote for you brother, sorry.

15. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I do like the new Swiss Guard's armor even if its the generic new armor design for Pano HI. And to be fair, he will get use out of Sword when people try to kill him in CC and fail. Damn Airborne Rangers.

M.O.A. likes this.
  16. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I love the Shikami, and it was really close with that and the Ayyar. I love both the profiles too. The Ur guy and the Swiss were pretty close as well.

Belgrim and Sabin76 like this.
  17. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Exactly my thinking. I eventually went with Ayyar, but my cursor was hovering over the Ur and Shikami for more than a fleeting moment.

18. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Pneumarch, fantastic model.

19. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Not an easy choice, but I choose the Zhanying Hacker because of the very cool pose, the anonymous look and the female body of course. This catches the harsh presence of a beautiful but dangerous mini. And - I have already painted her!

Second is the Ayyar - here we have a powerful gangster-style look and a hommage to the punisher (oh comic-char again).

Third is the shikami - I totally like the dynamic in his pose with the two drawn swords in combi with this cool hat!

The Pneumarch has very good thinker-pose (to be or not to be).

The Gecko Pilot is a cool guy too. The totally opposite of the female, sexy pilots. This one is called danger, even without his TAG.

Ohahu is very orginal. Child-like hacker-nerd, kinda cute.

Miss de Arc has a very heroic pose, would be a good centerpice, but I realy do not wan´t to carry half of the umbra with me. Too bad, the decoration is not optional. But I have not much need of her anyway. The lim.ed. Version is best at the moment.

Kanren Hacker is good too. I will buy, because I play ISS but I am not imperessed.

Swiss Guard. Cool guy - redicoulus sword. Put it away. In deed I cut it and gave him the pistol from the ABH in the box, that looks better. This pose will suite a knight, but not the swiss. Like only without sword.

Raicho Pilot. Daring Pose, but I don´t like, that her arm covers her face. And her sidekick for the shasvastii is ugly, but this is okay, because its a shasvastii ;-) A knife? Really? Very Sci Fi ...

The Airborne. Nice female. Simple and good.

The Fat Yuan. Funny thing indeed. The sculpt is good, but I like the beauty guy from the beyond box more :-)

Govad HMG. Ähm ... hey guys, I think I mixed my guns up, wait a moment ... no not my thing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation