1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-Camo in zoc of a repeater?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by M0Dark, Apr 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. M0Dark

M0Dark Member

Can you have a model with CH:Camouflage that is a model within 8" of a repeater but out of LOF to all models spend en Entire order to go to Camo marker state?

Thanks

2. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Yes you can

If your model is hackable, he can be hacked. If the hack work and you have to do a BTS roll, then I will say you will end up your order un-camoed (but I fail to find the RAW to support it)

inane.imp and xagroth like this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Ninja'ed by Arkhos XD

For the record, Sensor and Sniffers are the piece of gear that prevents re-camo

chromedog likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The Daofei would roll BTS before entering Camouflaged state. This might be one of those tricky things, but there's nothing obvious that pushes the Daofei out of camo since becoming/being IMM isn't a cancellation clause.

5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

But actual roll on BTS is.

It's weird as camo and BTS roll happens both on "resolution" phase of order...

6. Mahtamori

Precisely what I mean with "tricky", just like how it could result, in certain situations, with a camouflaged but unconscious soldier.

Best solution is probably an FAQ detailing that IMM or Null states ends Camo and IMP states.

7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Not exactly as there are more problems with "Order Resolution Phase".

What happens when:
    - during resolution due to Dodge/Guts Rolls you move into range on a mine or Exploding model ?
    - During resolution you change your Silluete into range of mine or Exploding model ?

8. Mahtamori

1. This has been settled. Guts Rolls happen last, after effects of the explosion has happened and without the activation necessary to trigger the Mine.
    2. Personal peevee of mine, I hate how Sapper around a corner doesn't allow ARO, but this is also settled. Effect happens after trigger conditions for Mines and AROs.

inane.imp and eciu like this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

@Mahtamori how about Dodge move into Mine then ?

10. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

chromedog likes this.
  11. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Is there an enemy hacker on the table?

If so then you may or may not depending on the resolution of the hacker zoc through repeater question

12. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

A) this is irrelevent: even if you're actually inside ZoC of a Hacker (or hell a Mutt) you can still re-Camo; being outside ZoC is a requirement of Cautious Move not re-Camoing.

B) (slightly OT, but directly relevent to @daboarder 's post) even if it's resolved that still won't make it actually ZoC. The Hacker can Hack or react with Hacking Programmes within the Hacking Area as if it was their own ZoC: it's the 'react' line that causes the interaction with SSL1. So a Hacking area wouldn't suddenly stop Cautious Moves in any event.

OT (and discussing another can of worms):
    What should prevent you from Cautious Moving within ZoC of a Repeater is that a Repeater is a figure (in the case of Fast Pandas) or marker (in the case of Dep Reps/Pitchers). However, not all markers are equal and apparently only TO / Camo / Holo-echo markers count for this purpose; which means that Fast Pandas stop Cautious Moves but Dep Reps don't.

I'd have assumed that the automatic skill that allows you to be in Marker state turning off would have been an implicit cancellation clause.

OTOH I see no issues with an IMM Camo trooper.

Mahtamori likes this.
  13. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Yeha derp,

Got mixed up with cautious move

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation