Cultural Learnings of Painting for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nomads

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, May 10, 2020.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

It is not so dissimilar to having Bolts in Neoterra.

Abydog likes this.
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Similar, yes, only that Bolts have the better general skill – Marksmanship is useful much more often than MSV1 – and are on average 5 points cheaper due to their stats. Plus you can cheapen them with the Machinist, which you can't with Grenzers:

Bolt 5-Man Core
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]5
    BOLT (Multispectral Visor L1) MULTI Sniper Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 31)
    BOLT (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    BOLT Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 27)
    BOLT Missile Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 26)
    MACHINIST NCA (Bioimmunity, Veteran) Combi Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)

4.5 SWC | 128 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Grenzer 5-Man Core
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]5
    GRENZER (Marksmanship) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 35)
    GRENZER Red Fury / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 30)
    GRENZER Missile Launcher / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 30)
    GRENZER (Forward Observer, Sensor, NCO) Combi Rifle, Light Flamethrower(+1B), Flash Pulse / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    GRENZER (Discover [+3], Biometric Visor) Combi Rifle, Light Flamethrower(+1B) ( ) / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)

4 SWC | 152 Points

Open in Infinity Army

That's a whopping 24 point difference, which buys you a lot.

#442 burlesford, Jun 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
    Abydog and Modock like this.
  3. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Damn, each time i take a look into this painting-log i am amazed how you can combine colours to look amazing. bone/cream plus orange seems lke a tricky combi to not "bite" each other, but with the right amount of black highlights you prove its possible. The taskmaster is the most impressive example of that with very few black parts.
    Maybe we can count with a Jazz-paintjob in the near future? I would be excited to see what you make of her.

Also I want to point out how VERY different the vibes are I get from the Riot girls. This (relativly) easy conversion of changing the naked heads to very emotionless, faceless helmets (especially the Zondnautica ones) give them a very menacing look, more like the Hollow men should have (mmmh maybe convert them with some yadu-like helmets for a more emotionless troop of fortnite kiddos ?)

This, i will shamelessly copy with my finger-painting level of skills :-D
    Also thank you for sharing how you accomplish to make pictures of your minis in such a good quality. Very interesting to see.

4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you very much for all those kind words! I'm really happy with how the Taskmaster turned out too. In my original plans for him (back in 2020), he was supposed to get a lot more colorful. I'm happy I've waited long enough to come to my senses and make him much simpler, yet (imo) effective.

As for Jazz – I already painted her once, but I sold her again. This was my first paint job on her:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am planning on adding back a few more Corregidor units to the ones I kept though, just enough to play a single list, and that will include alternate Defiance Jazz as well. So she'll get another go. Should I change the color scheme or not, what do you think?

redeemer, NurseNursey, Oni and 12 others like this.
  5. anubis

You´re sold corregidors were mostly orange (heavy armored troops?) and blue, so there jazz fits right in. I think i´d love to see her in the same Cream/black color plus the akzent color you have in mind.
    I always like to have color-coded serveant bots to their controler, so keep going with that :)

burlesford likes this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Well, the thing is, my color scheme for all light infantry is usually black/brown/cream/blue/olive, with variations in distribution of each color per sectorial. Tunguska gets more black, blue, and olive. Bakunin gets more cream. Corregidor gets more brown. Also, I usually reserve blue for hard/plate armor, brown for pants, cream for soft armor, and olive for straps and pouches. So I'm actually not sure how I could mix that up on her.

While I'm here, let me drop some more stuff.

We're almost at the end of my Tunguska backlog. This was the second to last mini I had left. It's a conversion out of a Zondnaut, Mary Problems, an Alguacile arm, a knife, and a printed Unit9 SMG. It's supposed to be the dismounted Zondnaut for my converted second Zondnautica. Until I get my hands on GenCon Mary Problems, she will also proxy as Miss Problematica.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I never thought I really needed a second Zondnautica pilot, but then I was like what the hell let's just do it. So now I have two complete Zondnauticas, which is nice.

[​IMG]

7. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Brilliant work, man!!

burlesford likes this.
  8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks, @Modock!

On we go: Since I had sold my original Lunokhod and CB decided to repack it with new Koalas and a Tsyklon, of which I already had two, I went out and got the old one before it went oop. Decided to keep the color scheme roughly the same, just added more blue and brightened the light sources.

Also, two blue Koalas this time.

[​IMG]

New vs. old:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#448 burlesford, Jun 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
    redeemer, Croepoek, Oni and 10 others like this.
  9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I finally did it: I painted my last Tunguska miniature: Wolfgang Amadeus Wolff's regular release version. I couldn't help myself – I had to paint him like Sabertooth again. And the Betatrooper is of course painted in the scheme of my O-12.

[​IMG]

I can't believe I've finally painted every single Tunguska model I own. That's 58+ models, depending on how you count all the profiles that are shared between my Tunguska and Bakunin (Fiddler, Wolff, the REMs).

[​IMG]

The only models left I could realistically add now are the Feuerbach Securitate (but I have one already converted), the Salyuts (but I already have three S4 REMs), the new Meteor Zond (which is actually already on its way), and Gencon Mary Problems, which I will try to get at Spiel this year.

Happy to be ready for new projects now!

10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

While I'm painting up new stuff here's another group picture – forgot to post the family shot of my Bakunin.

[​IMG]

Which puts the current state of my painted collection at this:

[​IMG]

#450 burlesford, Jul 4, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    redeemer, Croepoek, Oni and 10 others like this.
  11. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

The bases on your O12 force really pop-out with their blue and gradiant.
    That's a great effect

burlesford likes this.
  12. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Badass minis and collection :) Really jealous

burlesford likes this.
  13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks! More blue gradients incoming :)
    Thank you!

It's been a while since I allowed myself to get a new mini the month it was released. However, I really wanted to try the Meteor Zond in the last tournament I went to, so I got her and painted her up in the same week.

Side note: Siocast still sucks. Such a pain to clean...

[​IMG]

Gotta say she proved to be serious competition to the Fast Panda Heckler. She's faster, can start up the board, and won't die as certainly as the Heckler, meaning there's likely still a Marksmanship BSG the enemy has to deal with once you got your hacking done. And if she survives, you get a Tac Aware order on top of it.

Admittedly, I got pretty lucky dropping her in with Combat Jump in one game against ISS, rolling a 9 (she's a measly PH10). Even so, it felt very satisfying isolating his Hsien through a wall :D

14. anubis

The Meteor zond looks amazing. Hell, i love this reflections on the blue; the blue metall looks ....wow. The reflections, the lightpoints, the combination with the silver and the white with the green accents, the red of the turbines, that just looks hot and this FCKING SEGMENTED DIGITS...
    boah... I go home back to my fingerpaintings :sweat_smile:

burlesford likes this.
  15. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

House rule: you gotta do a Airplane buzzing sound with your lips while putting the meteor zond on the table

The painting is amazing, I hope to reach this level with enough work one day. The paintjob is really clean, not hasty.

burlesford and anubis like this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Reinforcements are here, and while we wait for the minis, it's time to paint up some proxies.

To that end, I finally gave in and got myself the new Observance Action Pack. Or at least those minis I wanted, which was everything except the new Moiras and Healer (I find the old ones far superior). Here's the first of them done, the Orphan Engineer. I started with her since I figured she might make a good Marspider Engineer proxy until I'm ready to play a full Observance list:

[​IMG]
    I stuck with my Observance color scheme, which uses only the olive, brown, and cream from my Nomad pallet. Copied most of Sergio Luque's tattoos as well.

[​IMG]

NurseNursey, Oni, LeGweg and 8 others like this.
  17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

The second mini from the Observance Action Pack: The new MSR Sin-Eater. God what a beautiful model. I decided that even though he's from the Observance, he's the only male unit, so he deserved a little color differentiation. Mainly I needed a third color for the coat because more olive would have been boring. So he got some of my Nomad blue as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NurseNursey, Croepoek, Oni and 11 others like this.
  18. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Damn, really impressive work, specially on the lights and armor panels!

burlesford likes this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you!

Before I can show more of the new Bakunin stuff, there's some more of the old. I really didn't like the new Moiras and their coifs, compared to the hoods of the old ones. So I got myself a box before they got discontinued and painted them up. Here's the first one, the MSR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

redeemer, Croepoek, Oni and 5 others like this.
  20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

The second Moira I finished was the HMG. CB really was less subtle back in the days...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Uthoroc, Croepoek and 7 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation