1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chromedog's log of terrain and stuff.

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by chromedog, Oct 26, 2018.

1. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Getting there.

Corner trims added to hide a couple of gaps. Still have to add rust to those. Window cracks applied.
    [​IMG]

LeGweg, Errhile, jherazob and 4 others like this.
  2. chromedog

I never asked to be augmented, Alex.

Adam and Alex Vega, my 2 Authorised bounty hunters for my O-12.

[​IMG]

Errhile, jherazob, Koin-Koin and 3 others like this.
  3. chromedog

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mostly done. A few more bits of graffiti to go, and some final weathering (it was getting too warm, and the paint was drying too quickly coming out of my airbrush, even with flow improver and drying ret*rder.)

I've got a long access ladder or some fire escape sections to go onto the back (plain) wall. Which will be added after these areas get a matt varnish (the undamaged windows will be glossed).

Errhile, Koin-Koin, Wizzy and 4 others like this.
  4. chromedog

Another new flier for the table.

13 years ago, I missed out on grabbing one of these - but they've been re-released for A2.

The scorpion gunship.

[​IMG]

Pictured next to the Sea Wasp from TWOW.

The engine nacelles pivot forward or backwards, too (as well as having blades that spin).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LeGweg, Errhile, Jumara and 6 others like this.
  5. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

We finally find an interest in Cameron making a sequel: those toys are back in stores :grinning:

Space Ranger and chromedog like this.
  6. chromedog

I have a background in propmaking, so I'm always interested when certain film-makers push the envelope with film making techniques (and why I still buy dvds and blu-rays. They often have BTS stuff that is faaaaar more entertaining to me than the actual feature.

That said, more toys from a Cameron film don't go astray.

nehemiah likes this.
  7. chromedog

I finally got around to building myself a spraybooth for my airbrush.

Started with a 120l plastic storage tub. Added some 90mm plumbing pipe, some timber (for framing/structure) and a 90mm 12v fan.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The filter is a cheap pot scourer (it's the same sort of material that a "proper" spraybooth filter is made from, just thinner). It's there for "proof of concept" and it did the job. No paint or propellant solvent went through to the actual fan (the blue paint on the filter is from a rattlecan). I've since acquired "proper" spraybooth filter fabric.

There's a LED desk lamp visible above the airbrush and holder. It is powered from the same power supply as the exhaust fan. Just basic electrical connections.

The turntable is a cake decorating one I picked up at an ALDI store

I still have to add a guard over the fan itself - which is also relatively quiet at around 40db - it only pulls about 54cu.ft/minute, which is nothing compared to my last spraybooth (where the extractor fan moved 65,000 cfm. and HOWLED - around 110db).

8. chromedog

While reading through the doc for ITS15, I came across the entry for "QAZ " critters. Ostensibly, little more than a 25mm based S1 marker (but the doc suggests "the Sasok Creatures" from TAG Raid, or the Taigha Creatures, neither of which I have - since I neither play combine/morats nor had any interest in TR) so I went through my bits box and with a little GS as well, made these little markers up. They'll probably only be a thing for a year or so, and might see a table three or four times in that timeframe - but I prefer a 3d marker than just another 25mm token that will get lost on the table otherwise.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They were originally some kind of newer tyranid greeblie for 40k (picked up the sprue for a few $$ at a bring & buy, figuring I could use them down the track for something). The green tentacles are the nth-dimensional expression of the quantum anomaly zone into 3d space (while the greeblie is "the elder things from beyond" otherwise known as the QAZ creatures.

jherazob and Koin-Koin like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation