1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consensus on Hacking

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by D_acolyte, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It does work pretty well as a power fantasy, though.

Interesting, the majority of Nomad players I remember were upset about its nerf in N4.

The Kriza and now the Vostok seem part of a trend of giving Nomads top-tier gunfighters.

2. 1337Bolshevik

1337Bolshevik Let them eat repeaters

Cry some more

Attached Files:

fatherboxx and Cthulhu363 like this.
  3. Hecaton

If you can't understand why one is a problem and the other isn't, as much, then I don't know what to say. Kusanagi can't be in a core with Jaguars.

4. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I thought it worth mentioning that Jazz has general release model in the Dire Foes box that came out at the time of Crimson Stone, so you at least no longer have to hate proxying.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  5. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

Yes, I've seen the dire foes box and would have bought it except that I've already spent the money on defiance, which will hopefully eventually arrive.

nehemiah likes this.
  6. 1337Bolshevik

Ewww a sectiorial slowing down my fat bulleteer.

#226 1337Bolshevik, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. Hecaton

Make a coherent argument if you want to converse.

Mimetism -6 profile on that thing shouldn't exist.

#227 Hecaton, Oct 4, 2021
  8. 1337Bolshevik

Yet many top players prefer the albedo vostok. Interesting is it not?

#228 1337Bolshevik, Oct 4, 2021
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt PanOceanian Hypercorporate Delegation Secretary

Based off this. What is the general gunfighter profile that would balance this all out in your mind?

10. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Not the ones putting it in a fireteam, which is the main complaint. The Vostok is reasonable riiiiight up until it starts wildcarding into dirt cheap links at which point it starts utterly ruining internal faction balance. It outshoots a burst 6 core linked Kriza for a fraction of the price and comes with better skills that allow it to synergise far better with the rest of the army.

I know your defense is but but but it's fine in Vanilla but really come on, everyone can see you're being disingenuous as fuck trying to center the discussion around something what nobody clearly talking about.

If you'd stop being a whiny, knee jerking, tribalist for five seconds (I know it's hard for you, it's your forum schtick to never post anything meaningful and just occasionally show up and rant when people are discussing balance problems, but do try) you'd realise that the Vostok is causing internal issues for Nomads. Every single new release or existing pointman unit they have needs to be able to somehow magically compete with this thing, case in point as you mentioned: Kusanagi. Why doesn't anyone point fingers at her? Because she's collecting dust on a shelf while the Vostok is busy rolling around going BRRRRRRR making her, the Kriza, and other units utterly irrelevant.

#230 Triumph, Oct 4, 2021
    SpectralOwl, Tourniquet and Hecaton like this.
  11. 1337Bolshevik

I think the talk about a fire team Vostok is shifting goal posts, hecaton simply mentioned "the vostock". However I'll engage your point about the fire team Vostok being a internal balance issue. Perhaps in Tasmania that seems to be the case , but checking large international tournaments lists with a winning record. Of the 8 nomad lists, including one vanilla, one tunguska, one bakunin and one Corregidor the Vostok only appeared once. Kusanagi was actually taken by the bakunin player instead of the Vostok. You can have a look for your self here. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K3FX9bzNXRyzVSt2GspTCAKuz71oDZC1?usp=sharing

I don't think the Vostok is a internal balance issue, and the stats seem to back me up.

12. Triumph

You're linking lists that failed to place and saying that backs your argument up? Linking lists that players are failing with doesn't help you at all, plenty of people play suboptimal lists at ITS events. We all know that, pre uprising Zhanshi were like literally the highest pick rate for vanilla Yu Jing despite being absolutely sub optimal. The stuff you're linking includes crap like Jujak cores, Ikari, and people playing OCF meme lists.

The fact of the matter is that straight up on paper the Vostok outperforms everything else available in its role. Any idiot that runs the calculator can see that. When you make it a wildcard to boot, it causes insane internal issues for anyone considering putting together a cutting edge list.

Hecaton likes this.
  13. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

This discussion isn't about Vostock at all. It seems essentially like a way to change the subject on a lost argument to keep trying at trolling / attacking Nomads with little basis in fact (the Vostock isn't dominating the competitive meta for reasons you either don't know or choose to ignore).

And this is your way of asking someone to engage in a constructive discussion about it.

Look in the mirror, and engage constructively yourself if you want anyone to do the same with you.

14. Triumph

I do have a bad habit of going off on tangents. As for why doesn't it appear to be dominating the competitive meta despite being what it is? Well shit, might have something to do with competitive meta for N4 being shot to shit thanks to an ongoing global issue both scuttling actual events as well as killing people's actual overall game time for N4. I don't think you're going to see anything play out in tournament statistics for a long time yet.

It's a rhetorical hypothetical, I know full well it isn't going to happen but clearly you had higher expectations than I did for the guy posting cry some more memes as a discussion point.

#234 Triumph, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  15. Hecaton

Who?

16. Hecaton

Well @1337Bolshevik really wanted to talk about it for some reason.

17. Hachiman Taro

If only there was a way for competitive players from all around the world to play competitive events together during this time, say on the internet.

Then we could look at what the top players took.

#237 Hachiman Taro, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  18. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

There was another big thread (Zewrath's) few months before that was supposedly about general game balance but turned mostly into "Nomads OP plz nerf" midway. I think the discussion would be better organized if we talked about it openly in a dedicated topic (like "Nomads OP plz nerf"), but I'm fairly certain I proposed that in the other thread and that I will be ignored again.

Kiwi Steve likes this.
  19. Hachiman Taro

Yeah 'cause a thread titled like that totally wouldn't come across as putting forward a biased conclusion before any discussion or facts, and therefore immediately become a shitposting heaven.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation