1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minion Placement Question

Discussion in 'Masters of Puppets' started by KingNova3000, Aug 13, 2021.

1. KingNova3000

KingNova3000 New Member

Hello! A bit of a fringe rules question regarding minion placement that pertains mostly to Fiddler and her Deployment action.

The rules for minion placement state:

"The Controller cannot deploy their Minions Adjacent to any Allied Minions"

My question is this. Does the placement of Fiddler's Jackbots occur simultaneously, or sequentially (i.e. at the same time or one after the other). Following the precedent set throughout Aristeia's rules, simultaneous seems to be the likely answer. Now assuming the placement is simultaneous, can Fiddler using a single Deploy action to place both Jackbots adjacent to one another as neither already exist on the board to apply the restriction, or is it a case that the final position of a deployed minion can't be adjacent to a minion.

2. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hello,

Indeed you cannot put them adjacent to one another. Or if you play Gaia, adjacent to one of her bots also.

But once your bots are placed, you can then displaced them to put them adjacent, with Hexxer for instance to block a passage etc.

3. KingNova3000

KingNova3000 New Member

You're 100% correct, but that's assuming my timing query leans toward placing be sequential.

Gaia's minion placement works sequentially, one down via a switch and then another via the action, each of those occur at different times. so the second minion can't go down adjacent to the first as its already there. When Fiddler places her minions via a single Deploy action, they both arrive at the same time within a single step of the action.

4. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Even if they come down simultaneously, you're still placing them next to each other, so the placement would still be illegal.

5. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Good question, maybe @Damiel or @-V- can help us here?

6. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I would assume the phrase "one by one" is missing. I highly doubt that it is intented that you can place them at the same time next to each other.

7. KingNova3000

KingNova3000 New Member

Totally, its a hyper niche query. Like my obvious rules as intended brain makes the answer very clear. But we all know sometimes those niche rules are totally intended when it comes to CB, especially when spanglish occurs. Our local meta plays it the obvious way, but when it came up we thought we had to ask.

8. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Aristeia! is different from Infinity though (afaik a different design team) and it tends to have very clear rules. However, there are very few translations errors or let's say not so clear rules after the translation because a comma or word is missing. See the discussion about Side Effects (Bachmann), for example.

Talking about minions I would place them one by one.

9. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

It should be added something like "one by one", as @HarlequinOfDeath said. However, if you cannot deploy a Minion Adjacent to another one, you shouldn't be able to do though you do at the same time.

;)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation