1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halt production on Karakuri poll

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by wuji, May 5, 2021.

?

CB should halt production till

1. Scale is fixed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Scale and aesthetic design is fixed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Scale and design are fine

51 vote(s)
    86.4%
  4. Scale is fine

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Design is fine

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Will not buy till scale is fixed

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maqu

Maqu Well-Known Member

Yeah, they look like a humanoid robot girl, size is correct. If they were bigger they would look like musclegirls.

2. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Then you're deli eataly lying to yourself and others cause I've never targeted anyone here, you may may not like the subjects I bring up or the arguments I make but I don't put bash someone an individual for their opinions, I do from time time call out bad actors and I called the cutesy bot an immature theme, other people took the word immature and applied it to themselves. What do you expect me to do about how other people assign themselves? Like seriously, the politics of the day are pretty ripe right here in this forum.

3. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

They look like they are smaller than the old Karakuri and those were too small already.

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

They look like what their creators want them to look like. What’s the issue? Don’t like, don’t buy. However, if the folks who created, designed, and developed the unit think they fit their vision, well… they do.

5. Maqu

Maqu Well-Known Member

Quoting Big Lebowsky - Well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man.

6. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Look dude, that's a cop out cause CB has been shown to make scale mistakes before. And despite the aesthetic I was gonna try and work with it, but not if they are this small.

7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Pot calling the kettle black

Maqu likes this.
  8. Maqu

Maqu Well-Known Member

I like pots :)

9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Whilst I appreciate your agreement with my argument, I was also trying to be inflammatory with my delivery. I'll try harder next time.

Why would anyone sarcastically discourage horrific taste?

So take a step back and ask why the design was to redesign the karakuri off a little girl, and not take inspiration from it's statline, flavor text, the historical karakuri or the previous karakuri design? It's peak magical realm and the game is worse off for it. Also Musclegirls > lolis. Mecha Musclegirls > All. The designers should stop injecting their terrible fetishes into the game and start injecting mine instead.

I disagree that successfully executing one's vision results in something immune to criticism. It's not as if there is no precedent for creators subsequently running their creation into the ground with their bad vision.

In 80 years when we're all dead will my kids be able to criticise the then IP holders when Karakuri are redesigned as floating Tengas with the same stats and the Daofei flavor text still says they are part of Invincible Army?

#49 the huanglong, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Dragonstriker and DaRedOne like this.
  10. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Okay yeah, I actually feel like maybe your sarcasm is meant to hinder my argument that scale is off.

11. the huanglong

You praised my manners, which I thought were unworthy of praise. I agree with you on most points about the new Karakuri, just not on people's willingness or ability to agree or do anything about it. Hence I express my dissatisfaction in a manner that entertains me in the hope of influencing future decisions, rather than hoping to rectify the sad turn of events.

Dragonstriker and wuji like this.
  12. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

But you're not be an asshole to anyone, you're just making jokes that people can tell are jokes.

the huanglong likes this.
  13. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

Sure, let's look at the lore entry for the Karakuri shall we?

Karakuri Special Project
    からくり 特別プロジェクト

The Karakuri are autonomous robotic military units. Due to their special characteristics they are considered multi-purpose assault troops, also capable of carrying out actions aimed at suppressing revolts and mutinies in the independent Japanese territories. (...)

The challenge was to design a more agile and resistant remote combat unit with an artificial intelligence sufficiently developed as to not need a field operator. The Project was baptized “Karakuri” because that was the name automated Japanese dolls received during the 18th and 19th centuries. These mechanical marionettes, extremely beautiful and technically precise, served to surprise and entertain their spectators thanks to the motions of their hidden mechanisms.
    Just like their namesakes, current Karakuri are a truly stunning technological prodigy, a new stage in the evolutionary progress of war machines. Modern Karakuri have also been designed to surprise. They have invisible arsenal hidden in secret compartments located throughout their body: from small arms to an anti-tank projectile. All of their systems and weapons have been miniaturized, compacted, and assembled aspiring to a maximum volumetric reduction. The result is an ultra-sophisticated android creature, a hybrid between woman and machine. With its reinforced steel body, its wasp-like waist, its long legs, and its variety of hidden weapons, the Karakuri end up more feared than beautiful, the erotic nightmare of any combat cyborg.

Emphasis mine.
    It seems pretty obvious to me that these Karakuri are fit (if not more than the old ones) to their lore.

I'll also say that historically Karakuri are nothing more than puppets or automatas, used in circus, spectacles, festivals or doing any mildly interesting daily basis use, like mimicking a tea serving.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

When CB were told "hey, those butts and combat heels are really a bit much", the Forum / FB groups mostly pushed back with a "Nooo, dumb SJWs, keep going CB, you're fine!".

So they did and now we've got kawaii ahegao murderbots. Puerile? Sure. But that's what the community wanted.

QuietusEmissary likes this.
  15. jamesy52

jamesy52 Active Member

Is anyone else just here for the lulz?

16. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Except the surprise and entertain part refers to the original wooden marionettes, it's not a statement describing the bots. And if you wanted surprise and entertainment, the geisha design was better suited.

Apparently not all of them were miniaturized because of the size of that MK12.

And a hybrid between woman and machine, erotic nightmare combat cyborg. Again, the geisha design fully realized would have been the better choice. These are as close to a woman as a rubber chew toy bought for a dog who then humps the shit out of it because it's the in the shape of a cat and is 1/5 it's size.

And size isn't even the problem, it's the scale. Then the poor execution of even the cute bot idea. If they were gonna put it in pig tails and emojis, they should have went full ham and put it into a school girl outfit but then itd be really obvious the intended audience. The concept art betrays this idea more than the final product, obviously. Here, we just have this half in half out thing that maybe could have been worked with but not if they're tiny.

#56 wuji, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    LaughinGod and the huanglong like this.
  17. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

These arent even that though, they fall short even of the mark they were intended to.

18. the huanglong

Now point to something that implies STR 3 and total immunity. Miniature, compact, and ultra sophistication do not breed resilience. Historical Karakuri also have a distinct style that was alluded to in the original karakul design, and is completely lost on these goofy new faces.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  19. VladimirHerzog

VladimirHerzog Active Member

Because its tech that is much more expensive to produce, even at a smaller scale therefore its not economical for them to apply this to every armor they have?

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. the huanglong

There's butts and heals that fit the aesthetic and tone, like Hac tao missile launcher. Heels are less of an issue when your legs are wrapped in servos, and her toned, pooping ass is just an illusion from the exposed servo cheeks. Contrast it with the highlander ADHL, which was just embarrassing, not because it tried to be sexy, but because it tried too hard and failed. Highlander short kilts are traditionally male attire that are probably rarely matched with schoolgirl panties and generally go below the knee.

Dragonstriker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation