1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4: Unresolved rules questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Mahtamori, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

When the rulebook explicitly says one thing, it needs to be in the FAQ to be contravented.

upload_2021-2-24_18-26-12.png

toadchild likes this.
  2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Dude, we all know that @ijw trumps the rulebook.

Absolutely it would be good to have in a FAQ, but in the meantime it's simply not an unanswered question. It's literally been answered, by @ijw.

3. Hecaton

He definitely does not supersede the rulebook; he's been wrong plenty of times before. Considering his justification (that the example for Protheion wasn't written with the changes to Coup de Grace in mind) is wrong, I am very leery of taking that seriously.

gravitypool and xagroth like this.
  4. QueensGambit

It's literally impossible for @ijw to be wrong. He can later be overruled by a FAQ or a CB employee, but until he is, his ruling is, by definition, the rules.

Sorry you don't like his ruling but everyone will follow it anyway, the question is answered. Wrong thread for this.

5. Hecaton

You might think that, but I'm not in the cargo cult. This is exactly the right thread; a bunch of people are playing with IJW's house rules, in *direct contradiction* to an example in the book, based on incorrect reasoning on IJW's part.

Any tournament I run is not going to ignore the rules for IJW's misinterpretations, that's for sure. You'll also notice he shut the fuck up when he was asked about whether or not it was an intentional nerf.

You'll also not that it's not even under "solved" issues here.

6. QueensGambit

*Sigh* It's depressing to have to keep repeating this conversation after they literally gave @ijw an "Infinity Rules Staff" banner to put an end to it.

7. Hecaton

It's depressing that IJW keeps contradicting the written rules. If you wanna take a go at me take it outside the thread. This thread is for rules questions.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Please respect the threads creator and limit unneeded discussions in this thread.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Updated the original post with a few words on priorities and linked to rules resources. Let me know if there's something that needs linking (I consider ITS specific answers and rules outside the scope of the thread; don't hesitate to make a similar thread on the ITS forums if you feel up for it, that has been greatly useful in the past!)

@HellLois I notice you've got the N4 FAQ linked twice on this page: https://infinitythegame.com/resources/downloads
    One has release date as the 18th of January and one has release date as the 1st of Duodevigintember. We probably only need one of them and I'm sure the Americans, fond as they are of their 12 day long months, can manage ;)

11. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

thx for the advise!

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Foux

Foux Member

E/M CCW has ammunition normal + E/m. How many saving throws are there in situation you get hit by this?

All will be one

13. Mahtamori

Hullo!
    The answer can be found here: https://infinitythewiki.com/Combined_Ammunition

You will use both the effects of Normal ammo (each failed ARM/BTS roll causes wounds) and E/M ammo (it causes +1 saving throw, any failed ARM/BTS roll causes isolated state, and any failed ARM/BTS roll causes HI/REM/TAG to become IMM-A, and each BTS roll will be at halved BTS value); So... you make two BTS rolls.
    It's a very strong melee weapon.

If you have further questions, I kindly ask that you open a new thread and ask there.

ijw likes this.
  14. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Bear in mind that this thread is for collecting together existing threads with no rules answer.

However...

An E/M+N hit inflicts:
    • Two Saving Rolls (from the E/M Ammunition part)
    • The Saving Rolls are against halved BTS (E/M)
    • Any failed Saving Rolls will cause Isolated State (E/M)
    • Any failed Saving Rolls will cause IMM-B State if the target is an HI/REM/TAG (E/M)
    • Each failed Saving Roll will cause the loss of one point of W/STR (from the Normal Ammunition part)

15. Hecaton

Do you lose your Tac Awareness order in a turn you start in hidden deployment? (as with the Sphinx?)

Discussed here but CB disagreed in their latest battle report.

#95 Hecaton, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  16. Hecaton

Can you Discover + Shoot with a trooper in a fireteam?

Discussed here.

#96 Hecaton, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  17. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

@Hecaton can you add the links where those were discussed and not answered so it's easy for @Mahtamori to find them and add them.

18. QueensGambit

I just noticed the fireteam discover+shoot question is listed twice in the OP @Mahtamori .

Possibly my fault, I think I may have proposed it be added to the list without noticing it was already there.

Mahtamori likes this.
  19. SpectralOwl

20. Mahtamori

inane.imp made one a bit quicker, but you both missed the counter-argument that template weapons state that only the main target affects MODs to the attacker.

Added to the list under concerning for the simple reason that Guided attacks are completely dominating so far this edition.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation