1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden deployment and no infiltration

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Fed4ykin, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,
    As I am pretty new and still learning I have a question for you.
    I play among others shasvastii and recently got the new Sphinx.
    And as I think about how to use it and it's hidden deployment I came to the conclusion that the profile does not have infiltration so I can only deploy hidden inside my own deployment zone.
    I always assumed that the Sphinx and the noctifier were able to infiltrate in N3 due to their hidden deployment or was I mistaken?
    Am I right and both troopers can just deploy hidden inside my own deployment zone in N4?

Infiltration or at least forward deployment would in my opinion be gold on both troopers.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Totally mistaken. Having a TO camo state and Hidden Deployment was separate from having Infiltration, and the Sphynx and Noctifer were never able to infiltrate in N3.

They can be deployed inside your DZ, yeah, not outside. Several units have this combination of skills (hidden deployment or camo state without infiltration), like the Lynx units in O12 (TO with hidden deployment, without infiltration), the Intruder from Nomads (camo without infiltration), the Heckler from nomads (camo, with Advanced Deployment +4'', but without Infiltration), or the Hac Tao (another TO with hidden deployment but no Infiltration) from Yu Jing.

#2 xagroth, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Stiopa and chromedog like this.
  3. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Thank you for the fast clarification. Now I am absolutely sure to do it right as Fairplay is very important to me and I don't want to play it wrong if I can help it.
    I hoped for another answer but anyways. Still going to use/abuse the Sphinx and noctifier.

xagroth and bladerunner_35 like this.
  4. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

Is a common mistake, since infiltration and camouflage often go together, people usually put them together. As mentioned there's several units with Hidden Deployment but no Infiltration and viceversa. Do not worry though, Sphinx and Noctifer are really good without Hidden Deployment (and would be kinda broken with it)

Dude, you made me check the army to see if I missed the change and the intruder was super busted now.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I still have the N3 army in the phone, and the Intruder never was able to infiltrate ^^U

6. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Or, for that matter, Hidden Deploy.

chromedog likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Corrected. I hate those pesky mistakes when you are writing something but the mind is onto another thing entirely ^^U

Delta57Dash likes this.
  8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

To be fair, it seems like half the posts in this thread have some wires crossed somewhere :). Sphinx and Nocs both have HD, but not Infiltration, for instance.

chromedog likes this.
  9. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Back in N2 when I was first playing I played a noctifer ML as HD and infiltration thinking it was right, basically played like some vengeful god dispensing death from the highest point in the middle of the table. Some models managed to get in close, the active turn TO assault pistol sorted them out.

Honestly if they had infiltration you'd never need to take anything else, other than something to wade through the blood to push a button at the end of turn 1 before your opponent started in retreat.

As for the usefulness, even the potential existence of a noctifer ML has slowed down many an opponent (you don't even need to have one it wastes your opponents orders just by it's existence as a profile you're not taking) and the sphinx is honestly probably better for being forced to deploy with your forces rather than starting too close and being over extended or rumbled by a sensor sweep. it's certainly fast and mobile enough to get where it needs to go.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  10. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Jesus christ, someone was infiltrating their sphinx? That type of shit got delete from the game for a reason lol

Noctifier wouldn't be as bad. As in, it would be bad, but getting closer hurts the missile rangebands quite a lot. It would only be impactful on tables with a really ridiculous tower someplace.

11. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

As blasphemous as it may sound, there are other Noctifer profiles ;). Specifically, the Spit and Hacker would get HUGE boosts if they had Infiltration.

12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I suffered a Hac Tao infiltrating in a tournament (and Shinobu infiltrating inside my DZ "because that's how superior infiltration works, right?")... It was waaaay before the Uprising, but really WTF (the Hac Tao I didn't realize until later, and wasn't really all that important, but the Shinobu, by the table scenery, was in a position inside my DZ that she was totally unable to reach otherwise...)

13. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

What the actual fuck lol, especially that Shinobu - she would absolutely break the game. I'm pretty chill with new players and such, but these things should have been cleared before the game. Must have not been getting guidance from an experienced player, which I feel is pretty essential to starting the game tbh

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation