1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on JSA REMs N4

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by OCEE78, Oct 20, 2020.

1. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I was curious what you thought of JSAs REMs at the minute. I'm not sure I will be auto including a Rui Shi anymore. Although the Lu Duan looks interesting if nothing else, the deployable repeater with our Hacking/KHD options seems quite appealing, plus MSV1 with the +1B Heavy flamethrower. All the Yaokong profiles have had some minor points decreases. The EVO Pangguling likewise has dropped 10 points, but this still doesn't push me towards taking it for the Rui Shi.

Anyway, what do you more adept players think.

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

definitely cool the rui shi and TR bot dropped the 0.5 SWC tax. Losing supportware on the keisotsu hacker definitely hurts the remote game. personally, sometimes i can squeeze in the 7 point bot, soemtimes the sensor bot. not much else though. my MSV go to unit is the Kempai

QuietusEmissary and wuji like this.
  3. Catspaw

Catspaw Well-Known Member

The Pangguling is a goto if you're running something like a TAG duo or a big HI link (Dai haris, Kara haris, or Domaru core). I think Fairy Dust is worth spending some points for in those situations. I also like the Husong Yaokong (HMG), simply because we have such little access to big guns with juicy range bands. Finally, the Weibing is still a powerful swiss army knife, what with deactivator, FO and sensor all rolled into one. If you have 15 points to spend you can get quite a bit of value out of it.

OCEE78 and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

What TAG Duo are you referring to? Cause Oyoroi, dont have Duo.

5. Catspaw

My bad, I was simply referring to a pair of O-Yoroi in one list. With the cost reduction you can actually put together very viable limited insertion lists featuring two TAGs for JSA, and because of how Fairy Dust works now it actually makes some sense to stack similar hackable unit types to get the most coverage out of it.

wuji likes this.
  6. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

I had forgotten that fairy dust now applied to an entire unit type, very handy. It also seems that you can run REMs without the presence of a hacker now? Unless the army app is bugged, and I have missed it in the rules.

Do you have any thoughts on the Lu Duan?

7. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

nah no bug - you can (thank god) though it wasnt ever much of an issue before because the ninja killer hacker often finds his way into the list.

8. Catspaw

I think the Lu Duan is a very solid platform now. It's got big guns and the only deployable repeater in the entire army (useful for keeping up your repeater network near your DZ while you move forward). A big buff was MSV1 being able to shoot through smoke - JSA has lots of very strong smoke options, so if you're building a list towards that then the Lu Duan is very viable (although still probably the third choice behind the MSV2 Kempei and Rui Shi). I think the most interesting thing about it is the holoecho shenanigans you can pull off, like being able to tank mines and shoot around corners without exposing yourself.

All that being said, for some reason it hasn't found its way into many of my lists. I think its just because there's so many good units competing for spots in JSA, and around that price there are many interesting options to choose from (Yuriko, Ryuken HRL, Husong to name a few). I think I end up going with the Husong very often because it is less order intensive; you can just plop it down in a fire lane and get max value out of it, while saving the order for one of your alpha strikers.

OCEE78 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation