1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daiyokai in N4: Is Core Link a good option?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Dragonclaw, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Well-Known Member

The Daiyokai can now be a part of a Domaru Core Link (instead just the Haris). I wonder if this is a good option to use.

On one hand, he is more durable than Domarus or Tankos and has some good firepower. Oh, and it's a beautiful model.

On the other hand, he has only mov 4-4 so he will slow down the team on the advance a little bit.

So what do you think? Is it a yae or nay?

2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I wouldn't mind the MOV discrepancy too much. Yes, Daiyokai will slow the link down a bit, but so will Kempeitai, who you'll probably want to include in that fireteam anyway for MSV2 coverage. Same goes for Yuriko, if you want to bring an engineer along, even though I prefer her FD loadout.

He is also the only NCO loadout in JSA, so he is crucial for funneling the LT order into your fireteam. This is particularly nice if you bring the Spitfire Domaru LT (+1 Order).

One last thing to mention is the AP ammo on the MMR loadout which is going to be more important in N4, especially with that +1 Damage. Tanko can bring an SMG for AP as well, but its range is rather restrictive compared to a MMR.

It may not be an auto include, but he does bring some significant benefits to the fireteam. Please release weapon arms for this sculpt, CB!

#2 Knauf, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Abrilete, clever handle and wuji like this.
  3. Dragonclaw

Yes, this is another good point for the addition of the Daiyokai in the core link. I don't think I will choose the Domaru with spitfire as a LT. Despite the additional order it's too similar to the wepons of the Daiyokai for me. Probably I will take more Tankos instead.

Knauf likes this.
  4. Daixomaku

Daixomaku Well-Known Member

Why not? You could set a Core Ft with the Daiyokai and a Haris (Karakuri maybe) with the Domaru LT Spitfire to cover more area.

wuji and Dragonclaw like this.
  5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

yeah, why not? yokai in a core is pretty good - he's really durable, has decent rangeband coverage and makes a pretty hard hitting assault piece if you can get his higher burst weapons into reach. Tanko and Kempei offer some really cheap options bundled with specialsts so you dont have to rely on the Domaru for filler/button pushers, though I would still suggest taking 2 of them so you can reform if one dies.

6. Dragonclaw

HI core link and HI haris, boy this starts to become pretty expensive. But I like the idea.

7. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

Something like this?
    [​IMG]
    EVO Hacker for at least some form of hacking protection.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  8. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

9. Dragonclaw

If you do without the Karakuri you can even get a second order group.

g4cADUpTQSBhbGwgaW4gSEmBLAIBCgGD6gEBAAKAkwEFAAOD5wEEAASD5wEDAAWAmAEBAAaD5AEDAAeD+wEBAAiAngEBAAmAoQEBAAoyAQIAAgQBgJgBCAACgJgBAgADgJgBAQAEgKIBAgA=

This list is very weak on objectives however. It's more for killing Missions.

#9 Dragonclaw, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  10. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I focused on trying to keep the highest mods available and keeping back up body for the core but the CoC could easily be something else since I would rotate wounds with the daiyokai and Spitfire and then just bring in the FO/Sensor Rem and upgrade the Medic to a doc...

g4cACkhlYXZ5IGxpc3SBLAEBCgGD6gECAAKAmAEIAAOApAEBAASAkwEFAAWD+wECAAaAkwEEAAeAhwEGAAiD5AEDAAmAkAEIAAqAowEBAA==

11. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

Can't get either of your army codes to load.

12. Dragonclaw

I can reload the code to the app. I don't know what's wrong.

Screenshot_20201004_232601_com.infinityarmy.jpg

Screenshot_20201004_232614_com.infinityarmy.jpg

13. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

13 orders of hot damn!! And again feel free to swap out the 6th fireteam CoC for a Sensor Rem and upgrade the Medic to a doc

Screenshot_20201004-151257_Infinity Army.jpg Screenshot_20201004-151310_Infinity Army.jpg

14. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Reminder that the daiyokai also has panzerfausts so it can potentially crack armor. I tested a link with daiyokai pointman ,3 tanko and 1 domaru and it performed in stellar fashion. When you hit middle of board you can break up the link as well to let your wild cc boys go in.

Specially since fireteam can be cancelled at any time if you opt for cancellation in impetuous phase, you will get a lot of movement out of it.

Overall i was a fan of the daiyokai before even in a haris, now i think he is even better. Not everything can be burst 6 kriza, but a bs 13 dmg 14 redfury in a 5man does alleviate some of the jsa firepower issues, specially due to the durability of the daiyokai.

An arm 3 bs12 domaru spitfire just cant compare to mr. arm5 with 2 wounds and nwi

wuji likes this.
  15. Dragonclaw

Yesterday I had my first N4 game with this list against PanO:
    Screenshot_20201012_201226.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012_201248.jpg
    The list worked very well. The Tanko with Missile Launcher was by far the match winner. He destroyed a Tinkbalang in reactive turn and some ARO pieces in my own turn. The Dayokai survived a shoot out with Jeanne.
    The movement of the Daiyokai was not a big deal indeed. Two Tankos became unconscious during the game but my doctor recovered them. This Team seemes to be very hard to kill.
    Next time I'm going to try Yojimbo. I think I will swap out the TR drone for him.

wuji and Clem like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation