1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa, MRRF, QK, Acon & NCA will not be in N4, stuck in N3

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Well lets be real here, half the arguments that are had have nothing to do with the actual content that's being argued over.
    they're just a vehicle for social interaction

SubOctavian and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

This.

There is a cost because if we blow up at every mistep we can only expect cb to become more sterile in their communications. Want those satellite videos? Too bad because CB can't afford to have a full time professional whose only job is to carefully word teasers that excite people but never cause any controversy.

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

True. Not all vessels are created equal tho.
    And I think meta-debate arguments have their place tho, especially on asynchronised conversation environnement where they are not in competition with the debate for speach uptime.
    Also let's not pretend that this game is not at his core a vehicle for social interaction on itself.

#283 Eclipse, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Zewrath and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I'm not going to claim I'm a paragon of posting myself. I say shit, get called out and need to apologise when I've been unreasonable.

But this is textbook deflection.

If you want to head back 5-6 pages you will see that I made a claim about how nuada was misquoting bostria, he disagreed and I looked up the video again to grab the exact quote.
    I'm not asking you to do something I wouldn't. If you want to claim to be the victim because of how other people treat you that's fine, but don't expect sympathy from me.

bona and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

I think that reads better and truer...

MikeTheScrivener and Eclipse like this.
  6. A Mão Esquerda

And, well, there's also a decent portion (no, I haven't numbers, yes, I'm entirely spitballing) of us that laugh along with Bostria and appreciate his sense of humor and interactions with us. Something and someone totally sterile wouldn't be worth the time.

7. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

By that same vein, maybe if you don't want "anyone who defends the company" to be the subject of namecalling, dismissing people's concerns as whining or nonsense isn't the way to go about it?

And if we're going to be fair about it: Yeah, some of the concerns sometimes get silly. But I don't remember anyone talking about their models being destroyed before someone trotted out the usual nonsense about the company not coming to destroy your models or "just proxy it". You yourself didn't understand why I might be upset about losing the themed forces that I've built up(legitimate statement here: I've never bought Vanilla armies, with the exception of O-12 and ALEPH from the original Human Sphere)
    One of the biggest issues, IMO, is centered around these "satellite videos" or their contents not being made available in a timely manner after an event. It's not unreasonable to assume that they make these things weeks in advance of the event. It's also fairly clear that they tend to be mostly scripted.

How hard is it to have an article in the queue for, say, the Monday after the event?

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  8. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Of course, all I'm saying is I doubt that anyone really logs off here at night having taken any comment or reply or post personally. I might not be speaking for only myself here when I say I'll argue with anyone about anything on here.
    At the end of the day, for the most part, we're all friends and we're gonna hit the "reset" button when the next issue comes up

9. Lion Tremere

Lion Tremere Herald of the Trident

Well, 'old' armies do consist of out-of-production and still in production SKUs.
    So someone, who will start a Tohaa army in 2020 will bring the CB half the money directly (Tohaa's survived stuff and new Spiral stuff) and another half indirectly (by buying stuff on e-bay or retailers and helping said retailers free space for great new Infinity stuff).
    Ofc new armies sell much more, but it's not like an 'old' armies are some sort of useless parasites for players who can't let things go. :3

10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

There was exactly one ban in the history of this forum I'm aware of (well one set of 4 bans).
    And I do remember that one instance very well
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/for-lack-of-a-better-idea-where-this-should-go.26964/

Side note - the one ban for the guy I was taking a stand for has since then been revoked/the time out ended. The account of the main offender is still banned or got deleted on the users side, can't tell you which one.

This isn't my achievement.
    Mistakes always happen at some point and you're not always able to take a proper look at both sides before you end up in the situation that calls for a judgement call right this instant.
    However someone did their homework afterwards and that's the important thing to look at here.

CB has never behaved lawful stupid or acted like they always know best.
    They have however, behaved Chaotic stupid plenty of times.
    Precedence has it that just getting a couple people together and yelling your question all over the forum in a mildly annoying fashion, without the threats and entitled behaviour, will get you an answer sooner just as likely as this shitshow did.

I don't know which dark places some people have wandered through during their lives to expect the worst from a hobby company.
    On the flip side from us the community, there's plenty precedence for people literally pulling Nazi comparisons, starting the doomsday clock prematurely and mostly causing collateral damage for everyone.
    Haven't been there in a while - are GW and Warmahordes bad enough in comparison to warrant that kind of response to get shit fixed nowadays?
    There's no precedence for CB actively screwing anyone over on purpose.

And since some moron or another will call me a CB apologist for that, prepare your inbox for quotes of me giving CB shit for FAT2 and Full Auto L2, Orcs, Nu MO as well as other terribly designed things. And the Techbee sculpt, boy do I hate that one.
    I have plenty of gripes to share, knock yourself out if you absolutely have to.

11. Yinsania

Yinsania айхаас хэт галзуурсан

Guys, I will give you a really good advice: Masturbate before posting, seriously, it works

injenegr, Solar, SubOctavian and 4 others like this.
  12. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

CB apologist!

Sorry couldn't resist...

ev0k and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

prepare your inbox buddy :D

Gonna stand by my word the Lawful stupid way!

14. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

But swipe your hands before touching the keyboard, or the screen if you are in a phone or a pad.

Things take time to update. OOP armies have been said to not be on launching of army for N4 but the Company has already stated that they will be updated in the future. It would be a shot in the feet to not allowing those figures to be used. I strongly believe that a company like CB cares for the Community and will not leave people with their armies in the trash.

Meanwhile, paint the rest of your armies and play with them!

cazboab, Yinsania and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. A Mão Esquerda

Looking at the alleged "quote" from Interruptor in Russia (phased roll out of N4) plus the "info" published by an FLGS owner (OOP armies not in N4), combined with the full picture today (phased roll out of OOP armies in N4), not too hard to see that people were losing their ever loving minds over bugger all...

cazboab likes this.
  16. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying. It's easy to answer hyperbole with more hyperbole. The original topic that started all of this out was definitely hyperbolic and relied on less than stellar evidence. It's then easy and heck even arguably more fun to point out the absurdity of those types of arguments with more hyperbole and absurdity. It reminds of the play by intention vs play as it lies debate awhile back where both sides basically just yelled past each other and characterized the other sides in the most uncharitable way possible.

In the end it would probably be better if we gave more charitable readings to our fellow forumites and their intentions and also more charitablity to CB as well. It would make for a better forum if there was no assuming the worst in each other and all that. I'm able to do well in either environment. I like being able to verbally spar with people over things like uprising and so forth and definitely don't mind the ribbing the jabs taken. I think at the end of the day we all just need to remember the most important thing and that's no one likes the tohaa.

Teslarod likes this.
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice: pull down your pants, and slide on the ice"

Yinsania, A Mão Esquerda and Eclipse like this.
  18. A Mão Esquerda

And that PanO was a mistake... a glorious, Glorious, GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS mistake...

atomicfryingpan likes this.
  19. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

Agree. And even tho a few people might have lost a pair of offline talk buddies over the past few days, I guess the local meta bonding will be stronger and offer them somewhere to keep living the hobby.

20. bona

bona Well-Known Member

That money is nothing like the money of a hyped new army in a shinny new box. They admitted they messed up the release of Tohaa by releasing rules without models, then trickling them out over time. They probably want to put them on ice until they can re-envision them, make rules that fit the latest system, and introduce them with a splash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation