1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa in N4

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Damn man, right in the feels.

I was really happy with starting to learn Tohaa and their style. I even made myself a Kaeltar t-shirt for the last tournament and I was glad I went even though I lost all three games (not all to zero though! :P).

I just feel crushed and disillusioned, this is all so unnecessary :(

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Here's the t-shirt and my fluo Surda :3

[​IMG]

3. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I've been playing for nearly a decade, with Tohaa since way back when they first dropped and own something like 4k-points worth of models from various factions. If they just put the bullet in Tohaa then I genuinely don't know if I will still be involved with this game. Gonna take my ball and go home etc.

If they're going to do it, they need a way to let us use the models. Spiral Corps was pretty much the exact wrong way to go about doing that - no tohaa feel to it, and almost entirely new profiles and models. If they paired "press f to pay respects" with "theres a new sygmaa sectorial" or a CA/Tohaa NA2-esk army or some such that would be a good way to soften the blow and retain some of the players who have invested in the faction.

4. Lion Tremere

Lion Tremere Herald of the Trident

Sadly, no Sygmaa sectorial in the near furure.

5. Sobakaa

Sobakaa Active Member

I'm extremely disappointed. Tohaa was my main faction for about 8 years since the initial release with paradiso back in 2012... If CB indeed removes more than a half of tohaa models with no way of using them i will probably stop playing alltogether. Not worth investing into a model line that can become useless overnight.

6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I'll do the same.
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

7. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

When CB will realizes that the old players lost in this way (not only the tohaa's players) will be more than the new ones it will be too late.

Abrilete and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  8. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

You really need to be naive to believe your own words.

Companies don't make business plans without taken in count all the possible consequences, at least not the companies that take slow steady steps in their growing plan. Some veteran players will be gone for sure, already happened before and this time there will be more. You can't always satisfy everyone. However the system they are building, based on a more robust basis, will without doubt attract far more new players.

Regarding Tohaa I will feel bad for those players that really played them for lore and because they are one of the few alien factions. But there are many more that just played them because of the competitive potential in ITS due to some bad rules design they've been carrying out from HSN3.

9. Sobakaa

Sobakaa Active Member

Let's remove varuna, aleph, dashat and shas then? They all show results similar or higher than the tohaa. Tohaa, with its small range and no new model releases, was never a faction for those who want to win in ITS. Not to mention all the "bad rules carried from N3", which i assume equals mates, will stay in spiral. So let's remove them too.

10. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

Yes CB have make plans, but these plans, will they succeed? I don't think they will have the immense number of new players they expect.
    In my local zone we tried in every way to entice players, but everyone is interested in "other". I don't think that C1 and N4 will change something sincerely.
    I hope yes,because if everyone stops playing I will have to stop too.

melkiach likes this.
  11. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

The three top ITS factions are OSS, Tohaa, and Aleph.

Varuna and Shas (and maybe Dahshat?) are next, sure, but they're not even close to the consistent results of the aforementioned three.
    Mates are part of the problem, but Makaul are a bigger one.

12. Sobakaa

Sobakaa Active Member

I will definitely stop playing and demoing the game. But CB won't lose much, the new edition will bring a lot of new people.

13. Nuada Airgetlam

Not really sure. Enough stench on the social media can really dissuade new players. A stigma of an uncaring company can be really hard to get out of - look at what GW had to do to regain at least some of the huge amounts of people's good will they initially had.

Abrilete likes this.
  14. Sobakaa

Sobakaa Active Member

Your info is outaded. The most recent stats we have show that dashat is number one: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/2019-in-numbers-its-data-analysis.36359/ Dashat is solid №1, closely followed by varuna, tohaa, spiral and aleph. Almost too closely to be of any difference.

Social media love cb, facebook and reddit are 100% fanboys. They will praise whatever they do no matter what.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Not really what I'm seeing in response to that. This might've been the straw.

The Holy Knight likes this.
  16. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You and I have had very different experiences on Social Media.

17. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

Brutal

18. Einhorn

Einhorn Combined Human Aid Delegation

I'm eagerly awaiting official CB communication, but my experience in the last year is that CB has been steadily moving in this direction. Even all the campaigning I did on Kickstarter for a Tohaa hero very much led to a Spiral Corps one -- which I am glad to have definitely but also made me very aware that they were very careful to not mention anything for non-Spiral kinds of Tohaa.

I am lucky that I began my journey recently and with Spiral Corps. My heart goes to the rest of you, truly.

Abrilete likes this.
  19. Einhorn

Einhorn Combined Human Aid Delegation

Haha, ouch, I forgot all about my signature image. That's bittersweet.

Abrilete likes this.
  20. Nuada Airgetlam

Also
    upload_2020-3-10_16-30-27.png

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation