1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oberon's "Desire" tactic + Taowu's discarding interaction

Discussion in 'Legendary Bahadurs' started by Chikahiro, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

So, Kipahuligan and I had a match yesterday, and there was debate regarding the interaction of Desire and the switch for Paralyzing Terror. From his post on Discord:
    I can see his point. But I'm looking at it as if the card is virtually there. So I don't think I can make him discard it, nor can he choose to.

Thoughts?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

It allows you to play the card as IF it was there, implying that it isn't under any other circumstances, except for the moment you play the card.

3. Chikahiro

So, the question is: is discarding a card considered a way of playing a card (generally)?

4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I don’t see anything in the rules that could back such an interpretation. They are written as two completely different things and the rules is a permissive ruleset, which means you’re only allowed to do what is written. As written only playing the card is permitted.

5. Chikahiro

So, playing a card means, "I'm putting this down to gain the effect of the card" only. Gotcha.

6. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yeah, I'd tend to agree that it's not actually in your hand to be discarded in that way.

Zewrath likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation