1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing in N4

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Yes and Haris defines Qapu Kalqi

Mahtamori likes this.
  2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

In a world where Saladin is an o12 toy that Haqqislam "got their hands on", everything is possible.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

And their stats get worse. In this case it wouldn’t. It’s a perfectly fine compromise I think.

the huanglong and Mahtamori like this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

And they aren't (as often) hackable as well as (too often) ARM 10 / BTS 10

(edit: I can has grammar)

#564 Mahtamori, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    the huanglong and Hecaton like this.
  5. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

On the other hand, what other YJ stuff can we export off to Dashat?

the huanglong likes this.
  6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

They're going to get Tiger Soldiers and Daofei.

the huanglong likes this.
  7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Saladin was specifically sent by ALEPH/O-12 to work as a go-between, though.

8. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

As in, specifically built to work within Haqqislam, yes.

9. Mahtamori

Ditto Sun Tze, Joan of Arc, and Willy Wallace. The latter... didn't do so well :)

10. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

if there is one thing I want added to Yu Jing in 4th edition that would be a fat Shaolin monk ether meditating or in crane stance

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Would make a fun character/HVT/Civvie!

redeemer and csjarrat like this.
  12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Like this guy?

[​IMG]

Section9 and redeemer like this.
  13. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

On a more serious note regarding Shaolin, I'd like to see White Banner give us an HI Shaolin. The Hulang comes a bit close, but is a failure in most regards.

Space Ranger likes this.
  14. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

I'm totally serial about the fat monk and I bet it will be a hit like the fat yuan yuan, as for HI Shaolin I would go for that too, but it will not be very typical for a wushu master to wear much armor. A monk sectorial wouldn't be a bad idea too historically Chinese monks drove off the Japanise samurai when they invaded Korea in the 16th century way before the official army arrived to aid their allies.

15. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

How often does Your Liu Xing actually get hacked? I take him in ~75% of my lists, and - iirc - only once he was attacked by a hacker. But it might be meta dependant.

Alphz likes this.
  16. Mahtamori

@Chaserabinov don't forget how hackable also causes you to avoid Hacker ZoC or Repeater ZoC - zone denial is what you're after when AROing more than anything.

Hecaton likes this.
  17. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

I really am hoping that N4 is a big enough leap in terms of rules that CB gets some space to redefine how certain sectorals work. I had been hoping that O-12 had a cool spacecop theme with lots of non lethal and crowd control flavor. Instead memetism everywhere because hard to hit gunfighters is the meta that's gotten quite entrenched, and we need these guys to feel like the best of the best! The best tool defensively is to win the ftf and not get hit. The toolkit of being able to survive a hit just isn't there for HI, so being heavy infantry needed to be compensated for, not celebrated in the army. While the idea of recon power armor is cool, the design rules of thumb got broken so much that a S5 heavy infantry has memetism, and medium infantry go fast now. HI sort of lost their place in the game. Because of that the IA suffered design wise. The NWI+Shock immune combo to be gets grief because it's becoming more and more prevalent. I think the design crutch to "make a profile good," has gotten a bit stale, restrictively so. So hopefully N4 will be a wider shakeup of the rules and be able to let CB use other tools other than NWI, memetism, and camo to make things tournament ready.

For Example of a shakeup to try and make other mechanics more useful, instead of simply increasing the price of the NWI combo, or making it more prevalent, why not make medics better in N4? Redo how that mechanic works, (More reliable, range more useful, not killing on a fail, ect.) to make it a worthy investment in a player's eyes. Suddenly you feel the points a profile scrimped out on vs the 2nd actual wound. On top of that medics suddenly show up to do something other than complete side objectives, two birds with one stone.

My main wish for N4 is enough of a mechanical overhaul to really shake up the rut that the design team seems to have found themselves in, which is why N4 is a good chance to really see the big picture of how the game plays getting some love and care vs individual unit updates, as I think these only go so far. My hope is HI won't have to be made excuses for with points shaving tricks like frenzy+link, or the half measure of NWI. The "in" heavy infantry all have some gimmick associated with them usually relating to how their points got trimmed. If being HI doesn't have to be compensated for, suddenly you can truly design IA around being the Invincible army. Hulang doesn't need to be another NWI mememitic infiltrator/button pusher... NYET COMRADE! He can be the doorkicker you take alongside your Zhuyongs to be the terror troop he was meant to be. Haidao isn't just a way to desperately save pts... they can be the technician that you want to bring an engineer or a hacker to give some brains to the zhuyong's brawn. The idea of an orbital drop HI should strike fear into the enemies of the emperor! But as it stands... if we want players to use it, trim points, give it memetism.

I think the list for IA feels like a straight jacket, because the game needs to be more friendly to something other than mememetic gunfighters and NWI cost savers. So here's hoping that N4 is a big enough mixup that CB doesn't have to excuse itself for wanting a dude in power armor.

Here's hoping comrades
    -A TAK player who wants to love IA.

#577 holycannoli, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    SKOZZOKONZ, Barrogh, Paegis and 6 others like this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Oooh, I may need to arrange a Bushido order with the Guys (to save on shipping).

I have absolutely no shame about using models from other companies as HVTs/civvies.

It's more that I can't/really don't want to drop him into someone's Hacking Area, and it's trivially easy to get the entire DZ covered with 4 models (one hacker and 3 REM), less than 75 points usually.

Space Ranger likes this.
  19. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

This is an interesting one. I'm someone who plays vanilla hacker lieutenants a lot (in Yu Jing, Combined Army and Haqqislam) and they're absolutely terrified of the Liu Xing as a result of the hack transport aircraft interaction (at minimum meaning he always lands safely and can go after them face to face; at worst triggering undodgeable explode hits).

Not gainsaying your experience at all, just observing how it's interesting to see the perspective of the Liu Xing player across the table.

Stuffist likes this.
  20. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

I understand that it is doable and can be a real pain, but I have yet to encounter an enemy, who actually uses such a combo :). As I said - it could be the matter of meta here in Poland. Or perhaps only YJ players this read part of the forum and hardly anyone else knows this technique :-P.

Stuffist likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation