1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's JSA Army Log

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

It's been a long time since I worked on my favorite army:

INFINITY JSA: Saito Togan
    [​IMG]
    I did a bit of arm swapping with the limited edition mini and the official release mini and now I finally have a ninja with a big gun (they all have em just don't show em lol!). This is my JSA version of Saito. I picture him here in his Oniwaban uniform before he went rogue... Maybe he dresses properly when he works for his old mates, who knows?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two Saitos for the price of two
    [​IMG]

Ninjafest take two
    [​IMG]
    I repainted my converted Saito a little so he could go into regular Ninja/Oniwaban duties. Maybe he's just Nakadai before he took a bullet to the head lol..

More pics:https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/10/infinity-jsa-saito-toga.html

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

It's not possible to have 'too many' Ninjas!

3. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I love the side by side shot of the two Saitos. They look great together

Xeurian likes this.
  4. Demotron

Demotron Active Member

LoL, sounds interesting!

5. archangeleong

INFINITY JSA: Bootleg O-Yoroi Pilot Conversion Guide

[​IMG]
    Bootleg O-Yoroi Pilot Conversion Guide
    It's been a long time since I worked on my favorite army, JSA! The Bootleg O-Yoroi Pilot is one of my all time favourite Infinity models. It is pure cheesecake mecha, both sexy and deadly. A lovely model to be sure and one of the reasons I wanted to collect both JSA and Infinity. However I was too exhausted after modeling and painting my first O-Yoroi to have a go at it in the past, especially trying to convert it like the wonderful Senior Giladez's version that we are all familiar with. A couple of years later, an additional army or two, plus a global pandemic as well as the model going out of production sending me into a panic buy (again!) meant that it was finally time to give this model conversion a crack.

The guide is way too long for the forum but check it out at:
    https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2020/08/infinity-jsa-bootleg-o-yoroi-pilot.html

Some pics of the project:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Includes magnetised Koalas!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RolandTHTG, Fed4ykin and Oni like this.
  6. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for the thorough guide. Might give this a go of I can get my hands on the bootlegmodel!

archangeleong likes this.
  7. archangeleong

INFINITY JSA - O-Yoroi Pilot Bootleg Conversion
    [​IMG]

Been ages since I updated JSA

So this long gestating project finally came into fruition. It took a couple of weeks of painting to finish and was quite a task indeed to get done. Paining white is so slow to do, but all the added detail was very time consuming also. The freehand took half a day and the battle damage another half. The pilot herself took a couple of sessions also and was tricky to get done due to her legs being in the way of a lot of detail. Overall there were so many nooks and crannies to paint that were hard to get too. One trick I used was to paint the tail as a sub-assembly, which I try to avoid as much as possible because gluing things back together always results in nicks and scratches here and there, which thankfully could be hidden with a bit of battle damage.

I chose colours to match my Konoe JSA army and am happy to have this miniature as a centerpiece, finally. I left the lights off since the TAG is in a powered down state. I also didn't paint much OSL in the cockpit, other than TV screens, since I don't think it reads well on the studio Bootleg versions. The kanji script on the leg spells "O-Yoroi" in case you were wondering. Finally I just love the expressiveness of the lovey and delicate pilot compared to the chunky mecha armour, very much an homage to Shirow - pure cheesecake anime!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. archangeleong

INFINITY MERCS (JSA actually!): Kunai Solutions Mercenary Ninja

[​IMG]
    Had to paint this guy in JSA colours. He can moonlight for whatever faction he chooses! Actually I hate the purple cloak of the studio version so was never going to go down that path. Speaking of the cloak, there was a big gap in putting it on that required lots of greenstuff to fill it (don't forget to fill it peeps when working on this guy or the standard release one!).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. 5th Dimension

5th Dimension Member

Gorgeous pieces you've added. Colors look rich and have depth, nice whites especially. Freehand looks fantastic. Koalas look cuddly.

archangeleong likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation