1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult Terrain Zones

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by TheRedZealot, Sep 18, 2019.

1. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Our club is looking to expand the amount of Difficult Terrain/Terrain Areas we use. So I'm looking for simple, easily storable options to consider.

I know I've seen a post a little while back that was looking at Difficult Terrain Zones that were done in a similar way to playmats but I can't remember how the person got the zones themselves, does anyone remember what I'm talking about I'm having trouble finding it?

But I also bet I am missing something obvious and there are probably other really good ideas for mapping out zones like this.

2. HeckMeiser

HeckMeiser Well-Known Member

Muse On Minis sells sets of 2d hills, foliage, and water features. I think they're printed on mousepad material.

chromedog and TheRedZealot like this.
  3. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

TheRedZealot likes this.
  4. Captain Spud

Captain Spud Maker of Things

For natural zones, do what Duke suggested-- buy brown/grey/black craft foam, and sponge paint it to look like dirt, broken stone, etc. To whatever extent is possible, match the colours to your playmats.

Urban/Artificial zones are trickier, because you usually need to justify the "difficulty" of the zone a bit more. Heavily cracked pavement is a decent way to do this, as are "rubble zones"-- basically, patches loosely covered in small (shorter than S1) crates, barrels, pallets, stray lumber, etc. You could also justify areas of non-continuous ground as a difficult terrain zone-- e.g., a large grating that people need to walk over more carefully.

All of the above is doable with craft foam and foamcore. :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation