1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concillium Watch is an utterly pointless rule it may as well not exist

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Triumph, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Indeed, I have to confess I'm a pretty noob player that loose all the time. Thanks for teaching me.

Btw I'm talking about doing like 2 or 3 move-move orders. It's not that order consuming for one point without rolling a dice. I don't say it will happen all the time. I just say it's something that arise in some games. It never happened to you that the difference between a tie and a win (or between a minor and a major) is just to capture the HVT ?

2. Chade

Chade Member

Well maybe this just shows the corporate nature of the world of Infinity? Some weapon makers have better lobbyists in the halls of power. :D Tohaa and Haqqislam diplomats are very good at twisting the arm of O-12 mayhaps?

3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

An extra Objective Point. Neither one is mandatory, and you can achieve maximum points in any missions w/o them. Where’s the problem?

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

On turn 3? Yeah, that's alot of orders given you also probably need to spend even more orders shooting a path clear of AROs for the Warcor to move up.

You're command tokening a Warcor into your primary group to steal orders off models that actually do work in the final turn of the game where you probably have fewer than 10 orders to begin with. You're asking to lose the game if you seriously think this is a viable option for anybody who basically hasn't already killed their opponent into the ground, and even then he quite probably can't do it either because he killed all the dudes with banned weapons.

#24 Triumph, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  5. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Indeed. Thanks for spotting it. That's weird ... :thinking_face:

Well thanks to you I will remember.

6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Players, hearing about soon-to be released N4: "Hope they streamline the game just a little bit and cut some rule bloat"

CB, a couple of weeks later: "Here's the taste of things to come!"

Honestly, I find these fluffy rules to be fine when they are included into one-off narrative scenarios. Otherwise most of them get dissected and lose their charm roughly same way Xenotechs were.

I mean, it's only something ineffectual if you score maximum points all the time, or at least if your games usually feature one player winning with a considerable advantage. But a point is a point.

Ofc I don't expect relying on that point to be a strategy worth planning for, given what it takes. May happen on some occasions if someone isn't playing attention though.

7. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

List makes no sense. Warcors argued about all these things but to no avail... CB response was basically we decided on these weapons on the list so deal with it.

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. spears

spears Well-Known Member

I dislike the execution of the rule. That said it might add some choice as to what you do with your warcor rather than bang it on the tallest point possible and distract people with its laser pointer.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The reality of the matter is that this will only have an effect IF the players remember and IF the warcor is still alive on turn 3...

Dr Worm and Tamiris will have bigger chances to pull it off, since they are less sacrificial troops and have less ARO capability...

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  11. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

It doesn't really sound all that unfair or poorly tested. 1 sectorial having a disadvantage? Talk to ariadna when hacking classified come up or the mission gives a bonus to hackers. I'm willing to hold judgement until I play it.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Have any of you even played a single fucking game with the rule

13. A Mão Esquerda

Stop talking sense, it’s the Internet. Half formed assumptions is the name of the game.

14. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

This topic was made by the same dude who made a topic basically saying invincible army was dead on arrival like 30 minutes after the spoiler video.

15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

And it turns out IA is pretty weak. Who would have said you could make predictions by looking at the rules? Crazy

nazroth, Zewrath, Hecaton and 2 others like this.
  16. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I like it better than xenotech. Hopefully we get a journalist merc in the season.
    It can be expanded upon. Is a totally optional objective which can help in tie-breakers

Liason officers though. ehhhhh. What happens if you don't want to designate an FO as a liason officer? is that a choice?

17. A Mão Esquerda

Doesn’t look like...

18. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

I'd say that these two extras are much more fair and better tested than xenotech, that's for sure. And much less annoying if you choose to ignore them - they don't slap you in the face with OP deductions just because you didn't want to waste orders on them.

Zelaponeepus and xagroth like this.
  19. Musterkrux

Musterkrux Well-Known Member

Have my Like for saving me the effort of asking the self-same question.

20. SpectralOwl

I like the rule a fair bit, it makes people actually interested in protecting their press members instead of using them as ablative armour, and gives people the option to deny a point by playing a list without certain tools. I don't like what it does to single combat group lists though, they're already strapped for orders and have better things to spend Command Tokens on then persuading the journalist to help with the order pool.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation