1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Druze at the interplanetario

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Arkhos94, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Well as someone who has more then once placed a trooper who only had camo into hidden deployment I am not going to stress this to much.
    However at this point it would be safe to say Druze maybe did not do as well as we kind of hoped?

2. CaptainVenge

CaptainVenge Frog with Light Rocket Launcher

Well, duh.

3. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Ah well! They're still fun and I enjoy playing them! And if anyone needs convincing they are decent then there are plenty of great articles on " The Dice Abide" detailing then being taken to tournaments and doing quite well! :-)

Cthulhu363, Remnar, oldGregg and 2 others like this.
  4. CaptainVenge

Nick himself is pretty chill player and, as stated earlier, has no hard feelings towards Pupnik. But from what he said on our local chat - Pupnik did try to make some fishy moves during the game and some of them were succesfull (earlier in highlights).
    So the problem is that someone (i do consider that maybe Pupnik is really not experinced with the game and/or faction and didn't want to cheat) was willingly playing not fair.
    And yeah, this shit is bad and it should be public, so that both sides (who are protecting and who are accusing) can levae a word.

Guardian, nazroth and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

At the big kids' side of the pool at the Interplanetario?

WarHound likes this.
  6. CaptainVenge

In another discussion people pointed me that some guys in Kraken group were not even top-400 ITS, so not so big)

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I suppose, but making those mistakes at that level still seems questionable.

8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

A bit misleading. Quite a few Eastern Europ players are not active in the ITS format, as the ITS pack can be prohibitively expensive for the event, while providing no real value in terms of prices. So even though there's a lot of torunament activities, it flies under the ITS radar and only comes up when those players win satalites or something similar.

Urobros, nazroth and LaughinGod like this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, it seems like there were mistakes at different tables at different times, so (personally and taking into account your noting that Pupnik might have been pulling shenanigans while also accepted the corrected outcome with courtesy) I'd give the benefit of the doubt, while noting perhaps a closer watch on all tables might be needed. Likely an additional note for any particular players that had issues specifically raised with the judges, regardless of how chill their opponents might be about it.

LaughinGod and CaptainVenge like this.
  10. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

This is fine and I would agree that this should raise eyebrows for this particular player at future events. Props to Dr. Nik for remaining civil no matter the reality of the events.

But I find attacking players, you don't know personally, on behalf of other players you don't know personally and haven't even talked to about the event is unnecessary dickbaggery - refer earlier post.
    The ultimate rule of infinity applies - don't be a dick.

We can root out cheaters without getting outrage on behalf of other players and without all of the information.

11. CaptainVenge

Okay, didn't know about that but still i can only operate with official numbers, so please bear it in mind.

Alphz and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And if someone has deliberately and consciously removed themselves from official rankings, thus making any kind of simple assessment or comparison impossible, that’s on them.

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

As far as I understood, the division between Pulpi and Kraken was "62 slots for kraken: there goes the winners of previous interplanetario, winners of Satellites, and the top ITS ranked of the inscribed people until it reaches 62", the rest go to Pulpi.

Funnily enough, it was mentioned that a russian player who won big 2 years ago was in the pulpi (he left Aristeia to get into the Infinity one), so yeah. Also, it's all contingent on people securing the inscription to the Interplanetary, which tend to not last more than a few minutes...

14. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

@xagroth you mean @Marduck who won two years ago, and is French not Russian.

WarHound and xagroth like this.
  15. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

btw, is there a wiki or something with list of people who won each Interplanetario? Like, something similar to liquipedia

theradrussian likes this.
  16. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Ho ... is that shitstorm coming my way ? :scream:

*Roll for dodge* (result in a few post)

Before anybody call me out cheating here is what happened (and it's no secret I told it to all my opponent) :
    I tried to register to the Infinity tournament normally. I was in Majorque for the EIC (where I played Aristeia!) at the time, only had my phone and I failed to push the register button fast enough (1,30 min after the beginning of registration ... too late).
    My friends from Paris were coming to the Interplanetario so I wanted to come anyway. I registered sucessfully to Aristeia! (it's a game I play and enjoy, just not as much as Infinity).
    Two day before coming to Vigo we all receive a mail saying there are some spot left for Infinity. So I grabbed my models and some lists I had used for another tournament and come just in case. I told the TO about my situation. They agreed to have me drop Aristeia! and register for Infinity in the Pulpi. There were even 2 spots left after me.
    (if anyone, blame the guys that paid, reserved a spot, and did not show up without warning. That's the worst for a TO)

That was not part of any clever plan to avoid playing the kraken ! I would have love to get my ass kicked by player much more talented than me. I already won that thing once. I know it won't happen again so I don't care. I just want to have good and nice games.

To be honest I don't know if I would qualifiy to the Kraken anyway (I was 305 world ranking, ELO 1088 before the event). Winning an Inter 2 years ago doesn't grant me an automatic right to be on the top table of every tournament. And I faced some worthy opponent in the Pulpi, that could easily qualify for the Kraken if they played more ITS. I only had 2 majors and 4 minors victory. A lot of game were very close and could have gone either way.

#116 Marduck, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Cthulhu363, WarHound, jfunkd and 12 others like this.
  17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Well-Known Member

Well, I know Nick personally, as CaptainVenge surely does. Don't know why did you assume they don't know each other, but I guess every side deserves some presumption of innocence.

Situations like these bother me a lot, because of reasons i like Infinity so much.
    It's all about how easy and relaxed we can play this game, which we can afford to do because we trust adversary.
    And if someone uses this trust against us, we feel like we've been punished for trusting.
    Punished for good behaviour. Learning not to trust again.

Serious Bob and CaptainVenge like this.
  18. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Okay guys, this thread is starting to get really rotten. Accusation of cheating is a very serious matter (for me at least), and if we're at a point were legit nice people (like @Marduck) are getting accusations, or hints of accusations, then we should really evaluate the value of letting this thread go on.
    Regarding cheaters, my opinion on the matter, is that it should be treated very siously and have the player blacklisted and basically exiled, which also necessitate concrete proof before lifting such an accusation.

ChoTimberwolf and Lesh' like this.
  19. CaptainVenge

Looks like i need to clean my glasses, but who accused of what dear Marduck here?

Hecaton likes this.
  20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Sorry if it sounded like I implied it so, it was not my intention at all. I simply assumed that you weren't playing ITS as much (if at all) this year, in that regard it's more of a failure of the system than anything else.

oldGregg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation