1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-Charges as an ARO in The Grid

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by david_lee, Feb 8, 2018.

1. david_lee

david_lee Well-Known Member

So let's say I'm playing The Grid, and I have planted D-Charges on an antenna with my Al Hawwa, but I have not detonated them yet. It's now my opponents turn, and they reveal a ninja hacker next to the same antenna and move into base to base with the antenna. My Al Hawwa sees this and declares detonate D-Charges as an ARO. My opponent designates the antenna with his hacker and passes the WIP roll. What happens now? Assuming the D-Charges are enough to destroy the antenna, do I get those points? Or since my opponent activated the antenna, is my attack considered null since the antenna is no longer mine. I guess what it comes down to, is what happens first: do the D-Charges go off first, or does my opponent capture the objective first?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While this is very scenario specific, I'd say that the answer is common to most that have to do with Infinity timing; accommodate for both happening at the same time.

You will destroy the Antenna, gaining points for doing so, and your opponent will capture it. Effectively, this should lock your opponent out from destroying it and it should lock you out from capturing it.

david_lee likes this.
  3. david_lee

Thanks for the reply, at first I was thinking it wouldn't be able to work like that, since you can't damage antennas that don't belong to you, but now I realize that it would still be mine until after the resolution step. Could be an interesting way to force a tie if you're opponent has first turn and you don't have enough orders to win

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

You can't detonate D-Charges on the Antenna in ARO, because the Antenna isn't the active trooper. The D-Charge would have to be on the Ninja... :joy:

5. david_lee

Then why is the "detonate D-charges" skill tagged as an ARO?

6. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

Yea, this is correct. I actually was thinking about this the exact same way when the mission first came out @david_lee

david_lee likes this.
  7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Because the active trooper might have a D-Charge attached to them.

daboarder and david_lee like this.
  8. david_lee

Oh, duh, I always forget that that's even an option. Thanks

9. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

Another question regarding D-Charges and The Grid. Are you allowed to plant D-Charges on antenna turn 1 and detonate them on turn 2? Or is planting the charge considered an attack on the antenna and not allowed until turn 2?

10. BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD Vampire Hunter

Pretty sure planting them is an attack, but I could be getting confused by ITS rulings from years past.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation