1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I would do O-12

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Ghost_X, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

They probably want to keep their healing and fixing in-house. I think the Lambda might end up in this role.

Going piece by piece:

Kappas are solid, Shock Immunity on a line trooper is a good deal in current enviroment.

Epsilons are a letdown fun-wise; they're very good, an O-12 Nisse, but not very interesting.

Deltas are nice. Not exciting skill-wise, but they bring a good set of weaponry and utility to the table, and that's before we know what Riotstopper is. I really like AD KHD, Doc and the fact that we're getting Yudbot-B's.

Gangbusters are ok. They look like Morans which traded Repeaters for MSV1 and Koalas for MadTraps. Should do pretty well as area control and camo hunting unit.

Gamma is very solid. No fireworks, but with these stats and cost it will be a very good firebase.

Hippolyta seems a tad too good. She indeed squeezes Eudoros out.

MikeTheScrivener and xagroth like this.
  2. Guiz

Guiz Active Member

I didn't hear during the video what is peacekeeper skill, do you know that?

3. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Give's about a 2.5 point discount to the Epsilon, other than that, we have no idea what it does.

4. Ghost_from_warp

Ghost_from_warp Classified

narrative rule, do nothing in regular game.

5. Ghost_from_warp

overall, most o12 units sounds a little bit undercosted. Of course, maybe they compensating rest of the army. Zeta promising to be super expensive. We will se soon.

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think they already got a sample of what happens when you have cheap, efficient troops and expensive troops in the same sectorial during Invincible Army playtest, so I doubt they will go that route... (hint: players grab only the cheap units).

7. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

Considering one unit is just a Nisse, but cheaper and better, the power creep is obvious. I don't expect CB to start fixing older units in other armies, but it's becoming more and more necessary.

Pyra and Smiler like this.
  8. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

It's 1 point of ARM (at a tipping point level as far as I can tell) and PHY lighter, with a slight CC buff (worth less than a point) and a Nanopulser. Multiterrain vs. Bioimmunity looks to be about even on a BTS 3 trooper. Epsilon should be ~32 points if it uses the same costs as a Nisse.

9. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I see the CBs answer to "How I would do O-12" is "let's copy Nomads and change a skill or two in profile".

McNamara and Pinky like this.
  10. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

Shock immunity on a unit that will sometimes eat crits in active or do ARO duty is massive.
    I'm surprised there's no LT2, NCO or some other leadership lieutenant kind of rule consider how much Bostria talks about their supposed diplomatic skills.

Death, Pyra and ZlaKhon like this.
  11. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Diplomatic skills and strategist skills, even leadership skills are completely different things.

chaos11 likes this.
  12. Ghost_from_warp

you wrong.
    It's "lets copy nomads but with PanO stats except WIP and some aleph shenanigans" - sounds like best infinity army for me.

ev0k, Indominus Rex and WarHound like this.
  13. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

Sure, but there's no indication this unit has more diplomatic skills than an Intruder and it's a large part of the fluff. Bostria mentioned it in multiple videos and because of that I was expecting something to represent that on the table.

Abrilete likes this.
  14. Ghost_from_warp

Peacekeeper - they convincing everybody around, even them selves, that their weapon are not lethal at all. Sounds like very huge diplomatic skill

ev0k and Abrilete like this.
  15. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Maybe the do it the Rasyat way?

16. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Yep, I also see powercreep here; the profiles are very well optimized, and tools like AD + Doctor+Servant/KHD aren't frecuent (in fact I think CA had the unique AD KHD; and I'm not aware of any AD Doctor)

17. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

H
    Haqq Drop Doctors and Tomcats?

oldGregg and WarHound like this.
  18. Ghost_from_warp

one in nomads and one in haqq. Few AD paramedicks. But this one if first combat jump doctor. Which is ok. Haqq have infiltrating camo doctors. No one else have infiltrating camo doctors.

19. SpectralOwl

They are very good, that's for sure, but I've noticed two things absent from the revealed profiles: Camo and Mines. If those are missing from the full final lineup, all the Epsilons in the world won't be able to really make O12 overpowered. Just make Morats even more obsolete.

colbrook and Ghost_from_warp like this.
  20. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Not really, since ignoring LoL, Retreat, and Isolation is a pretty big thing. After last tweaks Morats are ok, not a powerhouse, but decent enough. O12 shapes up to be really good, but we don't know their exact limitations yet.

Personally, I'll be adding additional one just for me. Peacekeeper units can't shoot unconscious troopers (NWI and Dogged excluded, obviously), nor perform coup de grace.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation