1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ 1.7 online

Discussion in 'News' started by Ben Kenobi, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

Thats what I meant hecaton. prone is cancelled as jumping is forbidden and short move is the most efficient. But you can 'forbid' them to jump or climb by deploying prone

2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd land that way. From that same quote of the prone rules it says, "...or where stated in the rules." Like in the Impetuous Rules, perhaps? I also don't read the Impetuous Rules as contradicting the "normal" way to cancel prone. It can certainly be read as an exception to that rule.

Urobros likes this.
  3. Melchior

stand up and short move cancels it. You're clearly allowed to do it so you have to

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

But if stand up and jump would get you closer, you have to do that.

5. Melchior

as you only can stand up with a short move (stand up 4" move) your second skill can be idle as usual

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

On how many topic are we discussing this?

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I saw it here and presented it as a rules question to bring attention to the issue.

8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

This is what I'm questioning. The rule for canceling prone only with a short move clearly states that it can be overidden by other rules, and the Impetuous rules saying that you can must stand up at the beginning of a move, climb, or jump seem to fit that description.

9. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

I don't quite understand what are you saying here. My question is due to the fact that throwing smoke on a target is not the only way to get your line of sight to it disrupted by a Zero-Vis zone.

Situation 1: I throw a smoke template down on Fusilier Angus. A Morlock walks up (staying out of smoke), and declares Intuitive Attack. This works, as per FAQ.
    Situation 2: I throw a smoke template next to Fusilier Angus(not covering him). A Morlock walks into the smoke, and declares Intuitive Attack. This doesn't work, as per FAQ (target isn't in marker state or inside the Zero-Vis zone).
    Situation 3: I throw a smoke template next to Fusilier Angus (not covering him). A Morlockt walks up, staying out of smoke, but in a way that Angus is completely obscured by smoke, and declares Intuitive Attack. This doesn't work, as per FAQ(target isn't in marker state or inside the Zero-Vis zone).

In all three situations Morlock's line of sight is properly blocked by Zero-Vis zone, but only in one case the Intuitive Attack would be legal by the FAQ. On another hand, if instead of Angus the target was a Camo marker - in all three cases the attack would be legal. To me, that seems... weird. In a previous thread where I asked this very question the consensus seemed to be that the FAQ meant to explain that one cannot declare Intuitive Attack on an unobscured target to force a roll. Is that the correct understanding, or are the above situations the correct way to play?

Ogid likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Ugh... I don't think that's the intention of the FAQ. The original question came up because people trying to use Intuitive Attacks to use a favourably high WIP to Face to Face enemies they could clearly see*. Enemies to which LOF is blocked by smoke/ZVZ, whether they are in the ZVZ or not, should be eligible.

* Ex: Sun Tze attempting to shoot a Myrmidon to prevent Dodge or Engage, WIP 17 Intuitive Attack > effective BS 9 at B2 BS Attack

toadchild, colbrook and Ogid like this.
  11. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

I'd say those interactions weren't considered @Gunmage. For example, in Intuitive attack you have this:
    Which would cover the situations 2 and 3.
    That FAQ wanted to say "this ability requires having no LoF with the target" aka (you can't use this to force FtF rolls whenever you want). But with that wording messed the functionality of the ability. Good catch! We should bring this to the rules forum so this FAQ get reworded.

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It was brought up at the time but I don’t recall if @Arkhos94 was cataloguing open issues yet back then.

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/intuitive-attack-faq.28088/

13. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I'm now maximal confused. I'm sorry if this is clear for the rest but does this mean if my Impetuous trooper is prone:

a) he needs to always declare Move to stand up?
    b) If he needs to declare jump or climb (because the way is shorter) he additionally stands up in the same order? (in comparison to normal troopers who cannot do this)

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

B)

This is an exception to the normal rules. Just like how you're not allowed to move less than full available MOV values per order during an Impetuous order.

ijw, Sabin76 and CabalTrainee like this.
  15. Jumara

Jumara Well-Known Member

Forward observer Rule wiki has the label "BS Attack, Optional."
    linkteam bonus says : BS weapon

now how does that work now? The crossing in red confuses me there.

16. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

In my original post, I was talking about discover rolls, specifically. I'm aware of the Forward Observer change. I was mainly confused, because the FAQ that was crossed out included discover rolls.

17. Jumara

Jumara Well-Known Member

I know that you talked about discover but if you read rules as raw you are not allowed to get the burst bonus for "Forward Observe" and my question is if it is given somewhere that you DO?

18. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

See the first Effects bullet for Forward Observer:
    • The use of Forward Observer is a form of Attack with a BS Weapon that uses the WIP attribute, and instead of forcing the target to make an ARM Roll, forces him to enter the Targeted state.

Jumara likes this.
  19. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

I have a very basic, noob question concerning the LoF rules on the last page of the FAQ, specifically the second example: the part of the blue model that the green model could see, that is, within green's arc of fire, is behind the building. I understand the example follows the rules mentioned just above to the letter (that is, blue's model is at least partially within green's arc ignoring any scenery, AND you can trace a continuous line between the two models), but isn't that seriously counter-intuitive??

emperorsaistone likes this.
  20. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

For me it is the opposite, I think it is easier that way: the troop is inside the arc and you can trace an unobstructed line between both models. Done.
    Consider that models represent active troopers scaning their surroundings, not static cameras with a fixed field of view.

I always played that way.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation