1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow-growing JSA

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Time Bandit, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Greetings!

Pinch me, I must be dreaming. This week sees the start of a new slow-grow league in my LFGS, and we have NINETEEN players signed up. I use to play quite a bit around four years ago, but the scene died and I drifted away. Now this sudden resurgence has got me very excited.

So my question to you all is this: what would be your list priorities in a 100pt killpoint game? I'm asking not because I'm desperate to win my early games, but just as a way to learn the faction a little better: boil it right down, and what would your 100pt team list look like? What could you simply not bear to leave at home? What kind of synergies could you achieve with such a low ceiling?

Personally, I'm considering two lists:

1) 3 Keisotsu w/combis, a Red Fury Daiyokai and a Lu Duan
    2) 2 Keisotsu w/combis, a Keisotsu with a ML, an ODD Ryuken, Yojimbo & a Lu Duan

The first is just plain trying to leverage the low points ceiling with a scary mini-TAG. The second is trying to fit in those units in the faction that have really impressed me so far.

So yeah, for a bit of fun, who would be in your league 100pt JSA list?

#1 Time Bandit, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I really can't understand why people would want to start with 100 points, the game doesn't even feel like infinity down there.

What rules are you and aren't you playing with? Do you need a lieutenant (JSA will suffer a lot if this is true)? Are you allowed to play a fireteam?

Abrilete likes this.
  3. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

For a Lu Duan (and other REMs) you need to have a Hacker in your party, you have not enough points to squeeze it there...
    First option I would do some small changes, get rid of Dayokai and put Karakuri instead
    and maybe take Rui Shi instead of Lu Duan to have some "anti-smoke" solution.

Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]5
    KEISOTSU Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 9)
    KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    KEISOTSU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    KARAKURI Mk12, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 43)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    1.5 SWC | 100 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Time Bandit likes this.
  4. Time Bandit

No Hacking, no LT, hence I can play fast and loose with the REM. that restriction isn't in play. And yeah, it's a brutally restrictive points cap... But hey, if it gets so many new players on board, I'm game.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Time Bandit

Agreed AkiPL, the MK12 Karakuri seems so damn solid. I'm playing against vanilla PanO in round 1, so not expecting a lot of smoke. Oh yeah, and fireteams are go.

6. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]7 [​IMG]1
    KEMPEI Spitfire / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

1.5 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

You can drop the warcor and swap to the Shock MMR if you think it will be useful. I don't think I would take any less than 6 orders at this point count.

Desolad0r and Golem2God like this.
  7. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Japanese Secessionist Army──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]5 [​IMG]1 KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 17) KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9) KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9) ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26) SAITO TOGAN Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW, Knife. (0 | 39) 2 SWC | 100 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

Seems fun to rush with Saito or the Aragoto...

8. Desolad0r

Desolad0r Member

Like this, but Yojimbo adds so much here to not take.
    You only lose 1 order (but have 1 irregular and 1 extreme) and have smoke Shenanigams, including the MSV2 + Smoke.
    It's a great base start the army and it hasnt got too much dificult rules.

Do you use Command Token? At this point, 3 combi and another weapon firing or 4 tokens of supression fire for one order is just insane.

EDIT: Why cant copy the army list?

9. Desolad0r

Desolad0r Member

Ejército Secesionista Japonés──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1 KEMPEI Spitfire / Pistola, Arma CC, Pulso Eléctrico. (1 | 23)
    RYŪKEN (Despliegue Avanzado N2, DDO) Subfusil, Minas Antipersona, Cargas-D / 2 Pistolas Breaker, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 24)
    YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Granadas de Humo, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistola, Arma CC DA. (0 | 21)
    KEISOTSU Sanitario (MediKit) Fusil Combi / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 11)
    KEISOTSU Fusil Combi / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 9)
    KEISOTSU Fusil Combi / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 9)
    WARCOR (Visor 360º) Pulso Flash / Pistola Aturdidora, Cuchillo. (0 | 3) 1.5 CAP | 100 PuntosAbrir en Infinity Army

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation